Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warsaw Stadium - EURO 2012 09:33 - Oct 3 with 331 viewsqprwpg

Yesterday I went for an open house at the new national stadium in Warsaw, as they are getting ready for Euro 2012. I took a few pics with my phone and thought I'd share them for anyone interested.

The stadium holds 50,000, which feels a lot smaller. Great sound/acoustics, from the announcer and the smallish crowd that was there (approx 16K). This type of stadium would be a dream for the Rs, but, that's another discussion altogether. Anywhere we went, we had a great view of the pitch (work in progress, as you'll see). The leather (in 4 sections on each side by the pitch center) and plastic seats were very comfortable, with lots of leg room - no bruises on my shins/knees to prove it (not included in the pic set)! There is a roof that can be closed or opened - great feature. After having a walk around, we sat in the sunny area and after a few minutes were quite hot. The purpose of the open house was to show off the roof and the 4 big screens facing each side. Around noon they started to close the roof, which was a relief as I was boiling in the sun by that time. :) It took about 15 mins from start to fully covered. There is a glass part of the permanent roof which does not get covered, so you don't get wet and some natural light still gets through.

The pitch seemed small, but I guess it must be within regulations, and you are really close to the pitch - very much like LR. There seemed to be quite a lot of VIP, multi-purpose rooms, and places to get your drinks and food.

Overall, it felt like there would be a great atmosphere when a match is on, or any other event for that matter.

Here's the link for a few pics:
http://s1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc391/qprwpg/

Twitter: @qprwpg

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024