Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Hughes 15:35 - Aug 30 with 454 viewsLewes_r

I know TF fully trusts him right now but with all these big name signings we are getting in (granero now?) on fat wages he's gonna have a hell of a time getting the balance right and winning games in a premier league bubble world that shits itself after 2 defeats

I think the bloke must be under a bit of pressure to deliver pretty soon.. I suppose he's the type of character that thrives on it, but its gonna be a tough couple of months before we start to open that giant can of whoop-ass.. I just worry about fans/pundits/owners patience in the mean-time (visions of pricks like Savage and shearer doom mongering about us if we get beat heavy by Man C and chelsea FFS)

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Mark Hughes on 15:55 - Aug 30 with 402 viewsadhoc_qpr

Time to really earn his money for Hughes and his extensive entourage once the window closes.

As just posted in another thread, expect constant Pompey comparisons from lazy MOTD pundits as we inevitably struggle over the next 3 games.
Mark Hughes on 16:02 - Aug 30 with 370 viewsDesertBoot

The pressure on Hughes now is enormous. Given the quality and indeed size of squad at his disposal, is the general pre-season prediction of a 10th-12th place finish the bare minimum.
Add to that, once he finds his settled XI, there will be a number of good players asking why they aren't getting a game.
Huge task ahead.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Mark Hughes on 16:03 - Aug 30 with 366 viewsJonDoeman

He's under massive pressure now, everyone will be wanting to see him/us fail.
Hope he proves me wrong, cos it would be an understatement to say I've been unimpressed with his abilities as a football manager so far.

It Is What It Is !!

Mark Hughes on 16:05 - Aug 30 with 356 viewsDesertBoot

Mark Hughes on 16:03 - Aug 30 by JonDoeman

He's under massive pressure now, everyone will be wanting to see him/us fail.
Hope he proves me wrong, cos it would be an understatement to say I've been unimpressed with his abilities as a football manager so far.

+1

Wish I could be like David Watts

Mark Hughes on 16:06 - Aug 30 with 351 viewsqprwpg

I'm expecting the few next games to be exactly as the games when he took over. A bit disorganized, sometimes chaotic, and just not very good. After that, things will improve - fans have got to stick with him and the team. The amount of signings we've had in the last 12 months is dizzying in numbers and in stature.

Twitter: @qprwpg

Mark Hughes on 16:06 - Aug 30 with 350 viewsessextaxiboy

11 o clock tomorrow night TF can say to Hughes " Ok thats my bit done over to you "

Although he needs time to get his methods across to all the new players he does need to deliver success.
This season IMO minimum would be mathematically safe from relegation with games to spare, a target set by Hughes himself

Mark Hughes on 16:20 - Aug 30 with 287 viewsHarlesdon

He may be under pressure from the media but how about we let the man do his job and reassess the situation in January if things aren't going well.

I can guarantee you after our next game a minimum of ten people will be digging Hughes out.
Mark Hughes on 16:21 - Aug 30 with 282 viewsLewes_r

Agree with all posts except Id say while Hughes hasnt done the Biz with us yet, his track record is pretty good with other clubs IMHO

Im expecting us to take atleast a month or two to settle down and start to smoothly dispatch lower prem teams on a regular basis and get some unexpected draws against top teams

I hope there will be enough patience knocking about in the mean time

I also expect the Pundits and oppo fans to tip us for relegation and massive implosion throughout september but to completely forget saying this by December whilst nodding in agreement that Swansea were doomed from day one..

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024