Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shades of promotion season 18:28 - Dec 15 with 412 viewsBromleyHoop

I know we've won games since being promoted but today, more than any other win that I can think of, reminded me of our promotion season.

Maybe Harry has looked at what it was that got us promoted and decided to try and emulate it ie playing Faurlin and slightly indulging and bigging up Adel. When Faurlin got possession of that ball and played that simple, short, forward pass to Adel, something transported me back two years and I just knew Adel was gonna score.

Hearing "Taraabt's too good for you" being sung just made it complete.

Happy days!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Shades of promotion season on 18:30 - Dec 15 with 390 viewsFDC

I watched that video on another thread earlier, with footage of the promotion season, and really pined for those days.

Seeing the game today, and the importance of the result, and the fact that it clearly meant a lot to the players playing today, reminded me of that too.

I think Harry has to stick to a nucleus of players with heart and who identify with club. That means Faurlin over Granero, Hill when fit, and the main man Adel.
Shades of promotion season on 18:31 - Dec 15 with 387 viewskropotkin41

It turns out we have been through a lot of bo**ocks to discover that there wasn't much wrong with that promotion team in the first place!!

Some of the lads we let go never deserved to get the push.......... and some of their replacements never picked up on the vibe that got us promoted as champions. IMO

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024