Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non QPR Email/IT help 15:18 - Dec 15 with 773 viewsNoDiddley

I have a hotmail.com email address set up 15-20 years ago.
In the last week or so I have been getting up to 20 emails a day from shite like Dental solutions, Diabetes Remedies& Motor local deals (all USA based). I am marking them as 'Flag' & then trashing on my iPhone & sometimes unsubscribing from them all to no avail.
The buggers still keep coming though!
How do I prevent future ones?
Non QPR Email/IT help on 15:33 - Dec 15 with 730 viewsboobishabang

I would be careful using the unsubscribe option, this just gives the spammers verification that your email address is in use and live and they will then more than likely pass it on to other spammers or bots
[Post edited 15 Dec 2014 15:33]
Non QPR Email/IT help on 17:23 - Dec 15 with 638 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Keep marking them as junk, it should die down. You must've accidently signed up to something or missed a 'do not send me crap' box on a form or something.
Non QPR Email/IT help on 19:24 - Dec 15 with 575 viewsbaz_qpr

If you unsubscribe and it is sent from the same email they are breaking the law. Likelihood however is you've signed up for something not ticked the 3rd party box and you are now part of a rental list, which overtime you unsubscribe it will just be for that list usage at the time by the email address its coming from.

Not a lot you can do about that, Your email client if its any good should soon work out what is junk and what is not. Moral of the story always be very careful about the 3rd party box
Non QPR Email/IT help on 22:09 - Dec 15 with 536 viewsRangersAreBack

It's probably easier to set everything to spam (Set junk to exclusive) then teach hotmail which emails are allowed by checking the junking folders and marking anything genuine as "not junk".
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024