Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Sunday Lunchtime "We Are Quite Lucky Really" Thread 12:58 - Dec 6 with 1173 viewsHadders

You often hear people on here bemoaning the life of a QPR fan, as if finding your emotions caught up with this frustrating, hopeless lot were a terrible burden in life. Which got me thinking, with the optimism of this exciting new appointment - is it really that bad? Imagine supporting... Leyton Orient, say. What can O`s fans look forward to? What`s the very best they will ever see? Ever? Yet about 4,000 keep on going year after year, through thin and thin - compared to them, we are all glory hunters. So we are quite lucky really.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2015 22:26]
The Official Sunday Lunchtime "We Are Quite Lucky Really" Thread on 17:55 - Dec 6 with 1013 viewsplasmahoop

It's a good point! Another example is Rochdale, who spent something like 40 years marooned in the bottom division. Cracking pitch invasion when they got promoted though
The Official Sunday Lunchtime on 18:12 - Dec 6 with 990 viewsN12Hoop

Spot on. And it's not just the lower league teams. Look at Manure fans. Booing the team because they're 3rd. Arsenal fans calling for Wenger's head when they lose a couple of games. Scum fans calling for Mourinho's head even though he delivered the title last year and forgetting the fact that a few years ago they were a lower league team themselves. It's one of the reasons I'm falling out of love with the game and wish I'd hung my scarf up after Bobby's 90th minute winner.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

The Official Sunday Lunchtime "We Are Quite Lucky Really" Thread on 22:14 - Dec 6 with 881 viewsCanadaRanger

"What have the Romans done for us...?"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024