Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U23s lose to 9 man Palace 17:39 - Apr 10 with 849 viewssmegma

0-0 at HT Palace made two substitutions for the start of the second half. Shortly after the restart Palace went 1-0 up. Following a third substitution two Palace players got injured and went off leaving 9 able bodied players on the pitch. They then had the audacity to go 2 nil up. Our only shot on target came from 12 yards when Josh Bowler scored a penalty. To say it was poor all over the pitch would be an understatement. Bowler was the only player who looked like he cared.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2017 17:45]
U23s lose to 9 man Palace on 17:46 - Apr 10 with 832 viewsDannytheR

I wonder if Olly might give Bowler a place on the bench between now and the end of the season? He always sounds like the pick of the bunch among the kids, talented and hardworking rather than one or the other.
U23s lose to 9 man Palace on 17:51 - Apr 10 with 813 viewsLblock

"It's not about results - it's about players attaining their individual targets"

If you're playing against 9 men with anything like 30 mins left to go then losing a game 0-2 and only having one shot on target from the penalty spot is farcical at any level.

That aside, I'm really hoping the set up can give us a couple of players next season.
Good luck to it

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

U23s lose to 9 man Palace on 18:02 - Apr 10 with 797 viewsnadera78

U23s lose to 9 man Palace on 17:46 - Apr 10 by DannytheR

I wonder if Olly might give Bowler a place on the bench between now and the end of the season? He always sounds like the pick of the bunch among the kids, talented and hardworking rather than one or the other.

When I watched him play against Spurs in the Youth Cup, Bowler positively refused to do any defensive duties whatsoever. He preferred instead to stand and watch whilst the Spurs FB bombed past him to create a 2-on-1 v the QPR FB (he wasn't the only one doing it to be fair). Assuming that wasn't a one off then, given the way Holloway shipped out Shodipo for a similar fault, I'd think Bowler is a long way from seeing time with the 1st team.
U23s lose to 9 man Palace on 18:22 - Apr 10 with 761 viewssmegma

I believe Bowler is still only 17. Despite him doing well recently in the reserves, he's no nearer to the first team than I am. However, he is learning as he goes along and has beefed up a bit as he used to get pushed off the ball too easily. I'd like to see him tried on the left wing for once as being totally left footed it's sometimes difficult for him as he has to cut inside from the right wing to play it on his left peg.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024