Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Little Bit Of History 18:57 - Dec 12 with 1348 viewsBoston

....for the Shepherds Bush Anoraks. Apologies if posted before.
http://www.abandonedstations.org.uk/Hammersmith_Grove_Road.html

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Little Bit Of History on 21:09 - Dec 12 with 1239 viewsisawqpratwcity

Pretty sure 18stone posted that many, many moons ago but always nice to have another squizz!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Little Bit Of History on 21:58 - Dec 12 with 1186 viewsHadders

Has anyone ever researched where all our pre-Loftus Road stadiums were? That would make an interesting tour - if no-ones done it, might have a go myself. I found myself in Queen's Park for the first time in my life this year and felt like a Muslim on Hajj.
Little Bit Of History on 22:02 - Dec 12 with 1176 viewsBoston

Little Bit Of History on 21:58 - Dec 12 by Hadders

Has anyone ever researched where all our pre-Loftus Road stadiums were? That would make an interesting tour - if no-ones done it, might have a go myself. I found myself in Queen's Park for the first time in my life this year and felt like a Muslim on Hajj.

Hubbles neck of the woods and by Allah, for a small gratuity , he will lead you to the holy shrine, The Salusbury.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Little Bit Of History on 04:40 - Dec 13 with 1110 views18StoneOfHoop

Little Bit Of History on 21:09 - Dec 12 by isawqpratwcity

Pretty sure 18stone posted that many, many moons ago but always nice to have another squizz!

Nah not me,isaw.

Foo king lovely pics of the beautiful bush though.

#NostalgiaAintWhatItUsedToBe

More yanks and toffs in Queens Park than muslims BTW
Although Top Muslim fella Yusuf Islam's ( the former Cat Stevens) mosque is there.

Very different politics to mine but good to see mercurial Disco back on these boards
Here's one for him and his West Ham Working Man's Club old man - hope he's well.
@10:37

R's circa 1901,I think, were turfed out of St Quintins Avenue
after only about a year by local NIMBYs
who could not stand these dreadful football fellows bringing down the whole tone of their pristine leafy area. Now there's Gove of Barlby Road bringing...
[Post edited 13 Dec 2017 5:08]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Little Bit Of History on 05:08 - Dec 13 with 1095 viewsisawqpratwcity

Little Bit Of History on 04:40 - Dec 13 by 18StoneOfHoop

Nah not me,isaw.

Foo king lovely pics of the beautiful bush though.

#NostalgiaAintWhatItUsedToBe

More yanks and toffs in Queens Park than muslims BTW
Although Top Muslim fella Yusuf Islam's ( the former Cat Stevens) mosque is there.

Very different politics to mine but good to see mercurial Disco back on these boards
Here's one for him and his West Ham Working Man's Club old man - hope he's well.
@10:37

R's circa 1901,I think, were turfed out of St Quintins Avenue
after only about a year by local NIMBYs
who could not stand these dreadful football fellows bringing down the whole tone of their pristine leafy area. Now there's Gove of Barlby Road bringing...
[Post edited 13 Dec 2017 5:08]

Not you? Well, some-one did. I remember in particular the access road to the block of flats/offices and thinking how incongruous it was that that was a railway line. It was a time when we were doing a lot of threads on abandoned tube stations and underground London rivers. Nice stuff!

I also remember some-one identifying St Quintin Avenue when I queried the location of Rangers' home on Latimer Road, as nominated on Wiki.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queens_Park_Rangers_F.C.#Stadia

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024