Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best transfer window ever and a man in charge who fits the QPR way 20:54 - Aug 25 with 757 viewsnumptydumpty

I watched quite a bit of pre season online and was impressed by the style and the performances of a few of our players

And a solid victory with a heck of a lot of swagger has been on the cards

Have to say this seems as to one of the most promising squads , management and coaching set ups that we have had for some time.

The choice of Warburton finally seems to be the guy we would most appreciate managing our playing staff.

I thought in pre season interviews he came across as clam, intelligent , sensible and also forward looking. Bit of a dad character for the very young and not so young perhaps..

There is always a need for attractive football as its an entertainment industry. Would I prefer us to scrape into the play offs winning dull one nil - shut up shop football - or would I wish for an average of twenty shots a game and an abundance of sharp, pacy, fit athletes who can do the unexpected.

Its clear the blend of experience and young players who have been undergoing their football educations is finally coming to bear fruit.

Selection issues aside - but seriously intelligent and well thought out changes of set up and excellent use of substitutes has been something this club has lacked for many a year.

Only worries going forwards I would have personally are lack of depth in central defence in particular

I think perhaps Hall and Barbet alone together is proving to be quite fragile but the back three worked well but beyond the three that ended the match we would be relying on defensive central midfielders adapting or very young players coming in.

Also Lumley had looked shaky to me - did not come out to crosses etc and we do need clean sheets - none this year so far I believe..

But midfield , out wide and up front - there are lots excellent options and life is good.

However was my view this at half time- well not quite no - but we are certainly beginning to learn from many major cock ups from the not too distant past - well I sincerely hope this run of form can keep continuing forging ahead ...

WATCH THIS SPACE !!!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024