Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk to Sheffield Wednesday 18:04 - Sep 6 with 1889 viewsloftboy

I thought they were after the Cowley brothers.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2019 18:11]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Monk to Sheffield Wednesday on 18:25 - Sep 6 with 1825 viewsTacticalR

Monk is becoming the gigging manager who keeps things ticking over for a year and then moves on. Perfectly suited to the Championship where nobody lasts long.

Air hostess clique

Monk to Sheffield Wednesday on 20:19 - Sep 6 with 1623 viewsWatford_Ranger

Cowley’s are on a good thing at Lincoln. Get them up and better jobs than the Sheff Wed high expectations low potential car crash will come along.
Monk to Sheffield Wednesday on 20:55 - Sep 6 with 1575 viewsLblock

Amazed Monk has got another gig so quickly with a whiff of scandal about him

Hope they crash and burn together

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Monk to Sheffield Wednesday on 21:00 - Sep 6 with 1569 viewsEsox_Lucius

Monk to Sheffield Wednesday on 20:55 - Sep 6 by Lblock

Amazed Monk has got another gig so quickly with a whiff of scandal about him

Hope they crash and burn together

The Owls get a free James Featherstone thrown in with the deal... well I say free... Ah hell, who am I to judge how others make a living out of trading in footballers.

The grass is always greener.

Monk to Sheffield Wednesday on 11:43 - Sep 7 with 1225 viewshoopsmark

Monk to Sheffield Wednesday on 21:00 - Sep 6 by Esox_Lucius

The Owls get a free James Featherstone thrown in with the deal... well I say free... Ah hell, who am I to judge how others make a living out of trading in footballers.

I've been making a good return on that Football Index......
Monk to Sheffield Wednesday on 13:11 - Sep 7 with 1148 viewsNorthernr

Got to love football, and the EFL in particular.

You've a manager here who, outwardly, looks very good, but seems to take on weird jobs you'd think were beneath his ability and record and then not stay in them very long. Both his previous clubs have now gone public with the reason for this, which is he likes to sign players represented by his own agent. According to Middlesbrough this has resulted in them signing a player they didn't really want to sign (Cyrus Christie) for a wage higher than they wanted to pay, because Monk turned down the player they actually wanted and then advised the agent Boro had more wage to pay than they were offering. Both them and Birmingham are taking legal action, and Monk is taking legal action back.

Now, quite apart from why on earth would Sheff Wed want to take him on with all that going on, I find it staggering that not only are the EFL not doing anything about any of this, but they're going to quite happily let him take on another job in their competition.

I mean apart from printing the fixture list out and drawing the cup competitions - neither of which they're very good at - exactly what is the fcking point in them if it's not for intervening in things like this?
Monk to Sheffield Wednesday on 13:18 - Sep 7 with 1138 viewsRog

Monk to Sheffield Wednesday on 13:11 - Sep 7 by Northernr

You've a manager here who, outwardly, looks very good, but seems to take on weird jobs you'd think were beneath his ability and record and then not stay in them very long. Both his previous clubs have now gone public with the reason for this, which is he likes to sign players represented by his own agent. According to Middlesbrough this has resulted in them signing a player they didn't really want to sign (Cyrus Christie) for a wage higher than they wanted to pay, because Monk turned down the player they actually wanted and then advised the agent Boro had more wage to pay than they were offering. Both them and Birmingham are taking legal action, and Monk is taking legal action back.

Now, quite apart from why on earth would Sheff Wed want to take him on with all that going on, I find it staggering that not only are the EFL not doing anything about any of this, but they're going to quite happily let him take on another job in their competition.

I mean apart from printing the fixture list out and drawing the cup competitions - neither of which they're very good at - exactly what is the fcking point in them if it's not for intervening in things like this?

Thought he did the same at Leeds, so it's 3 times not 2? Allegedly I guess ;-)
[Post edited 7 Sep 2019 13:19]
Monk to Sheffield Wednesday on 13:27 - Sep 7 with 1130 viewsEsox_Lucius

Tom Bower must have enough material from the last few years to bring out Broken Dreams 2: When Football Died.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Monk to Sheffield Wednesday on 15:04 - Sep 7 with 1047 viewsjonno

It's been blatantly obvious for many years now that there is an enormous amount of corruption in the game, and the higher level you go the more money is involved and hence more corruption. Yet nothing is ever done about it.
Monk to Sheffield Wednesday on 15:08 - Sep 7 with 1037 viewsisawqpratwcity

Monk to Sheffield Wednesday on 15:04 - Sep 7 by jonno

It's been blatantly obvious for many years now that there is an enormous amount of corruption in the game, and the higher level you go the more money is involved and hence more corruption. Yet nothing is ever done about it.

Cui bono?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Monk to Sheffield Wednesday on 20:19 - Sep 7 with 872 viewsBoston

If only Gavin Peacock or Alan Comfort had gone to Watford, all the fun I could have had with a Vicar to Vicarage Rd.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024