Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kabongo Tshimanga 15:52 - Nov 25 with 3808 viewsDando

Not based on much, but does anyone remember seeing this guy play against us for Borehamwood pre season? He looked very dangerous, and has so far scored 11 goals this season in the national league . At aged 22, I wonder if could be a decent player to look at on the cheap - although I know strikers aren't our priority at the moment

Like I say, barely seen anything of him, but he really stood out and seems to be backing it up so far with a good goal scoring tally
Kabongo Tshimanga on 18:26 - Nov 25 with 3677 viewssmegma

We seem to be hoping that Lewis Walker turns into a footballer anytime soon
Kabongo Tshimanga on 10:58 - Nov 26 with 3470 viewsDando

Kabongo Tshimanga on 18:26 - Nov 25 by smegma

We seem to be hoping that Lewis Walker turns into a footballer anytime soon

Guessing you would have seen quite a lot of Walker, so a much better judge. But from what I saw last year, looked nowhere near ready? :O
Kabongo Tshimanga on 11:01 - Nov 26 with 3465 viewsDorse

I'd like to think Walker has a future as he seems to have a lot of the right attributes but I think the club is betting the farm on Oteh.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Kabongo Tshimanga on 12:41 - Nov 26 with 3407 viewssmegma

Kabongo Tshimanga on 10:58 - Nov 26 by Dando

Guessing you would have seen quite a lot of Walker, so a much better judge. But from what I saw last year, looked nowhere near ready? :O

I believe the club signed the wrong Walker brother by mistake.

Cue the music
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 12:41]
Kabongo Tshimanga on 13:50 - Nov 26 with 3319 viewsridethewave

I very much doubt his ability to score 11 goals in the National League is at all indicative of his ability to score any at all in the Championship, particularly as you can hardly call him a youth at 22. If he was capable of playing at this level I'd imagine he'd be doing it by now, or at least somewhere in the football league.
Kabongo Tshimanga on 14:00 - Nov 26 with 3294 viewsEsox_Lucius

Kabongo Tshimanga on 13:50 - Nov 26 by ridethewave

I very much doubt his ability to score 11 goals in the National League is at all indicative of his ability to score any at all in the Championship, particularly as you can hardly call him a youth at 22. If he was capable of playing at this level I'd imagine he'd be doing it by now, or at least somewhere in the football league.

Like Jamie Vardy... or Les Ferdinand.

The grass is always greener.

Kabongo Tshimanga on 14:08 - Nov 26 with 3276 viewsridethewave

Kabongo Tshimanga on 14:00 - Nov 26 by Esox_Lucius

Like Jamie Vardy... or Les Ferdinand.

Sure, two extreme examples in an otherwise crowded pit of mediocre-at-best footballers.

Not writing this chap off, but I personally doubt he's good enough for this level. If he signs for us and proves me wrong then great!
Kabongo Tshimanga on 14:19 - Nov 26 with 3246 viewsrsonist

Macauley Bonne scored 23 at the age of 23 in the National League for Orient last season. Currently has 5 in 11 for Charlton at a cost of 200k.
Login to get fewer ads

Kabongo Tshimanga on 14:22 - Nov 26 with 3238 viewsDando

No harm having a look in trial though is there, when our budget is so low these days?
Kabongo Tshimanga on 14:32 - Nov 26 with 3213 viewsCamberleyR

Kabongo Tshimanga on 14:08 - Nov 26 by ridethewave

Sure, two extreme examples in an otherwise crowded pit of mediocre-at-best footballers.

Not writing this chap off, but I personally doubt he's good enough for this level. If he signs for us and proves me wrong then great!

Charlie Austin
Jason Roberts
Nathan Ellington
Barry Hayles
Kevin Phillips
Ian Wright
Cyrille Regis

Charlie Austin was playing in the Wessex League Premier Division (level 9 of the pyramid) when he was 20 and didn't play at Championship level until he was 22.

Sometimes a punt from non league works out as it did with us long term with Les and sometimes they don't. Would he have been a success in this era? He didn't really establish himself in our first team until his fourth season with us (90-91) and probably wouldn't get the patience now.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 14:37]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Kabongo Tshimanga on 14:33 - Nov 26 with 3207 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Is this the lad that was going to Forest then broke his leg?

He’s meant to be quite handy.

Our defence that day was getting undone by all and sundry so hard to work out if he’s any good from that game.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 14:41]
Kabongo Tshimanga on 15:27 - Nov 26 with 3132 viewsDando

Kabongo Tshimanga on 14:33 - Nov 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

Is this the lad that was going to Forest then broke his leg?

He’s meant to be quite handy.

Our defence that day was getting undone by all and sundry so hard to work out if he’s any good from that game.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 14:41]

No idea, just remember him from the friendly and thought that he looked extremely dangerous and that he would do well in the league. 11 so far, is pretty good for a team mid table
Kabongo Tshimanga on 16:11 - Nov 26 with 3076 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Kabongo Tshimanga on 15:27 - Nov 26 by Dando

No idea, just remember him from the friendly and thought that he looked extremely dangerous and that he would do well in the league. 11 so far, is pretty good for a team mid table

Bullshit click bait suggests Huddersfield after him:

https://soccersouls.com/why-huddersfield-town-should-avoid-a-move-for-kabongo-ts
Kabongo Tshimanga on 16:17 - Nov 26 with 3065 viewsstevec

It appears he couldn't hit a barn door till he turned 20 but seems to have turned a corner.

Sounds a bit like our Les.
Kabongo Tshimanga on 20:00 - Nov 26 with 2973 viewsGroveR

His name suggests a midget villain James Bond would beat in a fight and stuff into a suitcase.
Kabongo Tshimanga on 20:15 - Nov 26 with 2963 viewsted_hendrix

He has an Uncle called Umbongo Tshimanga who hands out the half time drinks.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Kabongo Tshimanga on 13:43 - Jan 30 with 2619 viewsDando

In need of a striker now, take a punt on this bloke. Looks v good to me. What do I know?
Kabongo Tshimanga on 08:50 - Jan 31 with 2195 viewsrunningman75

Not a striker but I always liked Stuart Wardley, not the most refined player but gave his all in the hoops.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024