Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wimbledon fans opinions of the game 18:11 - Feb 8 with 4569 viewsrobbowood

Rochdale are a top side in the division. We matched them for more than a half. We were unlucky not to get a goal. The disappointing thing is how we just gave up after their first

A well organised team who closed us down in possession, passed it well, broke at speed and had a league best goal scorer beat us as most bookies predicted. We did not do any of these things and so going in at half time without a goal meant we would get slaughtered second half

Personally I thought we were matching them which given they're high up in the table, was fine. Lucky couple of ricochets by the looks of it for the first goal, francomb fouled on the second, third was just atrocious defending but a great finish

Well that was utterly appalling. Clueless, spineless, gutless performance. Rochdale thoroughly deserved their win. Hogan's finishing was sublime. They showed passion, skill, and a real determination to win by playing some decent football. All credit to them. We were completely the opposite. No wit, no passion, no skill, no real desire. It was shocking to watch. Not a single player had a decent game. Fact is we had no midfield to speak of. We were just absent in the middle of the field, and every time we had the ball there it was nicked off us by harrying, in your face Rochdale midfielders.

Rochdale may be in the top few but they were absolutely woeful till they scored, then quite good after that, amazing how significant the sitter Wyke and Hylton contrived to mess up
Wimbledon fans opinions of the game on 13:39 - Feb 9 with 4021 viewsaleanddale

always interesting seeing the opposing fans view.

Looking at the highlights 2 of the 3 goals came from us nicking the ball back in midfield.
Wimbledon fans opinions of the game on 14:10 - Feb 9 with 3950 viewsmacro

Two goals were very direct as well, good running and anticipation by hogan
Wimbledon fans opinions of the game on 23:58 - Feb 9 with 3579 viewswmgunit

Didn't think Wimbledon were a particularly good footballing side, but they managed to neutralise us first half. They threatened with a few balls into the box. More a blunt instrument attack rather than anything intricate. It caused problems for us though. Our first goal was a bit lucky. Then we stepped it up and showed our class with the next two.

Deserved and hard fought win, but it could have gone the same way as the Dag game had they taken some of their chances (despite us clearly being the better footballing team).
[Post edited 10 Feb 2014 0:01]
Wimbledon fans opinions of the game on 00:11 - Feb 10 with 3559 viewssandylaner1

superb slide tackle and break up play from lund for the second goal

to think at the start of the season he could not only match JK's role in the team/ be better than him nevermind end up playing along side him, god damn

up the dale
Wimbledon fans opinions of the game on 06:29 - Feb 10 with 3504 viewsAtThePeake

Going in at HT at 0-0 I thought the game was destined for a draw. Both side only really had one attempt of note and the bobbly pitch made it difficult for us to get the ball down and play. Both sides were pressing really hard and neither team really managed to get a good spell on the ball.

My last two games before this one had been Hartlepool and Plymouth - and this game was quite similar in that without actually playing anywhere near as well as we can, we won 3-0. Can't argue with that.

Not seen us concede in goal in my four games in 2013.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2014 11:33]

Tangled up in blue.

Wimbledon fans opinions of the game on 06:35 - Feb 10 with 3496 viewssweetcorn

Wimbledon fans opinions of the game on 06:29 - Feb 10 by AtThePeake

Going in at HT at 0-0 I thought the game was destined for a draw. Both side only really had one attempt of note and the bobbly pitch made it difficult for us to get the ball down and play. Both sides were pressing really hard and neither team really managed to get a good spell on the ball.

My last two games before this one had been Hartlepool and Plymouth - and this game was quite similar in that without actually playing anywhere near as well as we can, we won 3-0. Can't argue with that.

Psssst. It's 2014.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Wimbledon fans opinions of the game on 07:47 - Feb 10 with 3425 viewsaleanddale

Wimbledon fans opinions of the game on 06:29 - Feb 10 by AtThePeake

You need to get to more games ATP!!!!
Wimbledon fans opinions of the game on 11:32 - Feb 10 with 3284 viewsAtThePeake

Wimbledon fans opinions of the game on 06:35 - Feb 10 by sweetcorn

Psssst. It's 2014.

Balls.

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Wimbledon fans opinions of the game on 13:34 - Feb 10 with 3083 viewsCockneyDale

While I wouldn't say woeful, I agree with the last Wimbledon commenter, that we didn't offer much in the first half. Conditions, pitch clearly not helping, but we didn't get hogan on the ball facing the goal and struggled to get passing around a strong and big Wimbledon midfield. It was only once we'd snatched the goal and Wimbledon pressed that we created space to pass. 3-0 was harsh on Wimbledon, but I'm not complaining: sometimes you gotta win ugly! Not that there was anything ugly about Hendersons pass for the second or hogans third!
Wimbledon fans opinions of the game on 15:16 - Feb 10 with 2989 viewsaleanddale

Another 10 Ugly 3-0 wins will do me this season.

especially away.

Clean sheet and 3 points puts a different perspective on Mondays!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024