Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Rafferty 15:05 - Mar 5 with 3795 viewslurker

With all this talk of Peter Cavanagh and his effect on our recent form, it occurred to me that young Joe seemed to return to the side at the beginning of our decent run as well.

Took a look at the results in his appearances and we have only lost one game of the last 13 he has been involved in - and that was against Scunthorpe away. In fact, in his 21 league appearances for us this season we have won 12 and lost only 4 games, with an average points per game of 1.95 - promotion form!

Scouse Power!!
Joe Rafferty on 15:18 - Mar 5 with 3764 viewsColDale

was the same last year. He came in at Exeter at half time when his Dale career looked all but over, but his return to the side coincided with a run of wins. His record under Hilly must be as good as anyone's.
Joe Rafferty on 15:28 - Mar 5 with 3740 views442Dale

People rightly think about the players who've gone on to bigger and better things when conversation turns to players Hill has developed, but the ones who don't also improve significantly - Rafferty being a great example.

His positional sense and use of the ball wasn't good enough when he first arrived, but there was always a potentially good defender who needed some work. The quality coaching he's obviously received in the last year is illustrated out on the pitch.

Stick Cavanagh in that category too, he's developed his role in the side and tactically he's the best midfielder we've ever had.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2014 15:53]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Joe Rafferty on 15:30 - Mar 5 with 3728 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Thought Raff did very well last Saturday.

As ever,a slight negative,when he did get forward on quite a few occasions his final ball wa s left wanting..........but still he's learning.

Well done Rafflad.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2014 15:31]
Joe Rafferty on 17:37 - Mar 5 with 3506 viewsisitme

I would agree that he has improved markedly this season and has beaten out Bennett to make the right back spot his own. He does still have a tendency to jump in at times and give away stupid free kicks but thankfully, these have become less frequent.
Joe Rafferty on 22:50 - Mar 5 with 3259 viewsTalkingSutty

Both are doing very well but i think our upturn in fortune has coincided with Tutte leaving the club. Never came across as a team player to me, always the victim and carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders. Lets face it joining bURY is hardly bettering yourself.
Joe Rafferty on 03:00 - Mar 6 with 3156 viewsChaffRAFC

Joe Rafferty on 15:28 - Mar 5 by 442Dale

People rightly think about the players who've gone on to bigger and better things when conversation turns to players Hill has developed, but the ones who don't also improve significantly - Rafferty being a great example.

His positional sense and use of the ball wasn't good enough when he first arrived, but there was always a potentially good defender who needed some work. The quality coaching he's obviously received in the last year is illustrated out on the pitch.

Stick Cavanagh in that category too, he's developed his role in the side and tactically he's the best midfielder we've ever had.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2014 15:53]

This might have had something to do with the fact that he played at centre back in Liverpool's youth team from what I told. Coleman signed him as a right back, Hill took that and has developed it further and we now have a superb prospect who could easily go onto bigger and better things if he carries on.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Joe Rafferty on 08:07 - Mar 6 with 3101 viewsmacro

I for one am more confident when raff plays right back than Bennett. He also seems to have cut down the silly yellows
Joe Rafferty on 11:11 - Mar 6 with 2999 viewsParkinsGimp

Raff is consistently improving as is Bennett it is good to see young players getting better shows a promising future. Not so sure I would pin my hopes of Cavanagh being the major influence some seem to think. Maybe he allows others around him to be more expressive.
Believe me we could rue the day, and if we need penetration to break down a team that wont come from cavanagh. But it is a team game so cant all be superstars its a blend and I will still reserve judgement on him , also make sure he or his friends are nowhere near a bookies ;-)
Login to get fewer ads

Joe Rafferty on 11:19 - Mar 6 with 2992 viewskirbys

Joe has flourished as an attacking force this season and under the influence of a strategy that demands two wide players he has taken up the challenge and thrives on it. If you add the growing influence of Matt Done who is also so ready to scamper into the attack the result is a serious problem for opposing clubs along both flanks.
It's brilliant isn't it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024