Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another one just gets back to Leicester 23:14 - Mar 18 with 2597 viewsleicesterdale

Third time seen the Dale play this season, and I have to say wow! what a team performance!
I know Northampton were poor, but as KH pointed out last week, teams facing relegation can be desperate and hard to beat, yet not for one minute did the Dale allow the opposition the remotest of chances of getting anything from the game.
Highlights of the game were the fact that we looked skillfull, worked extremely hard, and even when Lund was sent off, we never looked in any trouble. In fact, when we were 3 up, Hendo had a great chance for number 4 (just shot wide of the post), and then Vincenti (I think) hit the post after brilliant work by Hendo again.
Standout performances were by Lund (until he got sent off- didn't see why, he just seemed to be celebrating his goal?), Hendo's skill on the ball was just sublime, and that kid Allen was unplayable tonight- I would be amazed if he doesn't end up in the Premiership in a few years time. But then again, Cav was a constant battler in front of the defence, never stopped running and chasing, the central defenders were rock solid with every header, Raff was cool, calm and collected at the back, and the runs from Done had their defence in panic much of the evening. Oh, and Bunney was brilliant, fighting for possession, clever flicks and a superbly taken goal when we were 10 men down ( the ball through to him was inch, no millimeter, perfect, ? Hendo). And by the way, Vincenti took Lund's role in central midfield extremely well when Lund was sent off.
Oh, and Lillis- he could have brought the Times crossword to work on for the evening for all the work the defence left him to do.
People of Rochdale- you/we have a great team to support, and on this showing...., no, I daren't say it, the FGs are certainly watching....
Up the Dale from Leicester.
Another one just gets back to Leicester on 23:33 - Mar 18 with 2496 viewsmacro

Agree, it was a virtually perfect performance. Northampton limited to hoofball they were the poorest side I've seen this season by quite a way
Another one just gets back to Leicester on 23:58 - Mar 18 with 2396 viewsOxDale

The sky highlights do not do justice to how comprehensive that win was
Sat at home in Oxfordshire with a large glass of red wine
Heaven
[Post edited 18 Mar 2014 23:59]
Another one just gets back to Leicester on 00:07 - Mar 19 with 2345 viewswimborne_dale

Just got back to Coventry.

Definitely a case of sit back and hit them on the break. And it worked.

T O P O F T H E L E E E E E E E E E E E E E E G !!!!!!!!!!!

Edgar Allan's Crow

Another one just gets back to Leicester on 01:09 - Mar 19 with 2262 viewsboromat

With eleven men we didn't even have to get out of 1st gear. Even with ten men we let them have the ball and countered brilliantly, if anything we were more dangerous with only ten men. Northampton are one of the few teams recently who have turned up to play against us and have a go, we were far to good for them. It was in contrast to when the came to spotland earlier in the season, in that game they were very organised and hard to beat.

Great win, so glad I went well worth it! Some great songs from the dale as well.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Another one just gets back to Leicester on 07:38 - Mar 19 with 2035 viewsTalkingSutty

Another one just gets back to Leicester on 01:09 - Mar 19 by boromat

With eleven men we didn't even have to get out of 1st gear. Even with ten men we let them have the ball and countered brilliantly, if anything we were more dangerous with only ten men. Northampton are one of the few teams recently who have turned up to play against us and have a go, we were far to good for them. It was in contrast to when the came to spotland earlier in the season, in that game they were very organised and hard to beat.

Great win, so glad I went well worth it! Some great songs from the dale as well.

This was a mismatch from start to finish, its not very often you go to an away fixture and at no time feel any anxiety regarding the outcome of the match. It was a sublime performance and one worthy of taking us to the top of the league.

Its very difficult to pick out individuals because it wasn't far off the perfect away performance but I will mention an unsung hero in Eastham at the back he was solid as a rock and if I moved on to Allan, Done , Henderson i would be eulogising all day.

The energy levels last night also stood out for me because sometimes when you are striving to achieve things the expectancy can sap the life out of the performance, the players where running around like spring lambs like night !!

This post has been edited by an administrator
Another one just gets back to Leicester on 08:49 - Mar 19 with 1870 viewsaleanddale

Good to hear that TS.

It really is a joy seeing how fit Hilly has this team.

Done - Hendo - Vincenti and Allen.

Imagine tracking those 4 for 90 minutes you would know you had been in a game waking up this morning!!!!!
Another one just gets back to Leicester on 08:55 - Mar 19 with 1843 viewspaulscho

Get Scotty back for the last six games ,just give us that extra Va va voom ....
Top of the league and havin a laff

livinginadalewonderland

Another one just gets back to Leicester on 13:00 - Mar 19 with 1608 viewsParkinsGimp

Sounds like a good one.
Didnt expect such a convincing result last night but this just shows we can do it and we have the belief.
In previous campaigns games like this have bitten us but not last night.
Well done great result , lets keep on top let them chase us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024