Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit 19:16 - Sep 12 with 6342 viewswidgibob

http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/2g76qb/paddy_mccourt/

Miguel, Miguel de Souza, his name's peculiar,Miguel de Souza...........HIYA MATE HIYA MATE HIYA MATE.

Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 22:52 - Sep 12 with 6082 views442Dale

Said it before, so will again: in my lifetime I've only seen four players beat a man with so much ease that you're not sure how they did it - Maradona, Gazza, Messi and Paddy.

Those who've seen McCourt won't realise how lucky they are. But he'd do less than sod all apart from that.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 22:54 - Sep 12 with 6080 viewsWhiteyBFC

Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 22:52 - Sep 12 by 442Dale

Said it before, so will again: in my lifetime I've only seen four players beat a man with so much ease that you're not sure how they did it - Maradona, Gazza, Messi and Paddy.

Those who've seen McCourt won't realise how lucky they are. But he'd do less than sod all apart from that.

Privilege to say I saw him a dozen times.

Wasn't all gravy, but it was a privilege for when it was.

Genius. Throwback. Cult hero. Useless, lazy barsteward too.
Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 23:01 - Sep 12 with 6051 views442Dale

Having read more of the link posted originally, it's worth mentioning just how brilliant Lee Trundle was too. They're raving about him in that link, but he was always that good even during his Chorley days when a few of us would go and watch them midweek.

Similar to, but more talented than Rickie Lambert, just without the work ethic. Barrow thought he wasn't up to much, despite being told otherwise.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2014 9:11]

Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 23:25 - Sep 12 with 6011 viewscumbria_dale

came on as sub second half and won us the game
Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 23:25 - Sep 12 with 6010 viewsWhiteyBFC

Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 23:01 - Sep 12 by 442Dale

Having read more of the link posted originally, it's worth mentioning just how brilliant Lee Trundle was too. They're raving about him in that link, but he was always that good even during his Chorley days when a few of us would go and watch them midweek.

Similar to, but more talented than Rickie Lambert, just without the work ethic. Barrow thought he wasn't up to much, despite being told otherwise.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2014 9:11]

Playoff final 2006, he was unplayable against us. Swansea probably deserved to win. But Trundle forgot his shooting boots. Everything else he did was mesmeric, everything but putting us away. And Akinfenwa missing in the shootout was quality, What a day, what a day. What ever became of Swansea?
Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 00:03 - Sep 13 with 5945 viewsD_Alien

Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 22:52 - Sep 12 by 442Dale

I've said it before, but his fellow countryman, George Best. Paddy is second only to him when it comes to the ease with which he could beat a man.

Yes, more easily than Maradona or Messi; but of course, Paddy isn't anywhere near as complete a player as any of them.

[Post edited 13 Sep 2014 0:06]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 08:22 - Sep 13 with 5801 viewssweetcorn

Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 00:03 - Sep 13 by D_Alien

I've said it before, but his fellow countryman, George Best. Paddy is second only to him when it comes to the ease with which he could beat a man.

Yes, more easily than Maradona or Messi; but of course, Paddy isn't anywhere near as complete a player as any of them.

[Post edited 13 Sep 2014 0:06]

https://cdn1.lockerdome.com/uploads/5605269612798482_40eb0af35c7edb6a153742bbced

[Post edited 13 Sep 2014 8:23]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 08:30 - Sep 13 with 5790 viewsRotherhamDale

Better than Maradona or Messi? Please tell me that was tongue in cheek...

Not sure I understand this Paddy love, he dribbles past 5 men every 6 weeks. What's the point if he can't be arsed to track back? Maybe he'd be good in a 6 a side team on a Thursday night.

Possession with progression.

Login to get fewer ads

Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 08:43 - Sep 13 with 5769 viewssweetcorn

Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 08:30 - Sep 13 by RotherhamDale

Not sure I understand this Paddy love, he dribbles past 5 men every 6 weeks. What's the point if he can't be arsed to track back? Maybe he'd be good in a 6 a side team on a Thursday night.

I think he said, better at beating a man than maradona and messi, rather than being better than them.

That being said, I still don't agree, messi is the best dribbler to ever grace the game, Maradona was pretty tasty too mind.

Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 08:50 - Sep 13 with 5760 views442Dale

Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 08:30 - Sep 13 by RotherhamDale

Why does it have to be tongue in cheek? At that particular aspect of the game he really was world class. In fact it's not even that; at going past players he's at the genius level, just like the others mentioned.

It doesn't mean the deficiencies in his game should be ignored, they have meant his career has been nothing but average at best. However, we should count ourselves as lucky to have seen Paddy when he's produced those moments of brilliance, because years from now he'll still be being talked about. For me, that's what football is all about.

Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 09:31 - Sep 13 with 5704 viewsChaffRAFC

Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 08:50 - Sep 13 by 442Dale

Why does it have to be tongue in cheek? At that particular aspect of the game he really was world class. In fact it's not even that; at going past players he's at the genius level, just like the others mentioned.

It doesn't mean the deficiencies in his game should be ignored, they have meant his career has been nothing but average at best. However, we should count ourselves as lucky to have seen Paddy when he's produced those moments of brilliance, because years from now he'll still be being talked about. For me, that's what football is all about.

Great post, totally agree.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 10:44 - Sep 13 with 5628 viewsD_Alien

Yep, I'm being serious. Anyone who saw George Best will get the point. Paddy just glides past players like they're not there - more effortlessly than either Maradona or Messi, whose low centres of gravity make it look just that bit less simple.

I did add that Paddy is nowhere near the overall standard of the others, for those who didn't get it first time round.

Like 442Dale, I consider it a privilege to have witnessed it live.

Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 11:11 - Sep 13 with 5575 viewssweetcorn

Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 10:44 - Sep 13 by D_Alien

Yep, I'm being serious. Anyone who saw George Best will get the point. Paddy just glides past players like they're not there - more effortlessly than either Maradona or Messi, whose low centres of gravity make it look just that bit less simple.

I did add that Paddy is nowhere near the overall standard of the others, for those who didn't get it first time round.

Like 442Dale, I consider it a privilege to have witnessed it live.

Can't possibly agree with that. Paddy McCourt is going past at best SPL and championship players, with all respect, messi can rip the best defenders in the worlds to shreads. Put messi up against some oath from the SPL and the results would be disastrous.

Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 11:16 - Sep 13 with 5566 viewsdingdangblue

Preferred Will Buckley myself, as good at beating a man but with far more end product and workrate. Amazing we had 2 geniuses on our books.

[Post edited 13 Sep 2014 11:32]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 11:36 - Sep 13 with 5538 views442Dale

Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 11:16 - Sep 13 by dingdangblue

Preferred Will Buckley myself, as good at beating a man but with far more end product and workrate. Amazing we had 2 geniuses on our books.

[Post edited 13 Sep 2014 11:32]

Buckley's game was more about sheer pace when beating a man, as the clips illustrate. McCourt was different to pretty much anyone in the modern game, he'd be past two with the slightest movement. That it's almost impossible to explain how he does it is an illustration of how special at a talent it is.

Not having the standard of defender argument because I've seen Paddy lose the ball to those same defenders. It's that when he did go past players, whatever the standard, he was doing it in a way very few ever could.

Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 19:37 - Sep 13 with 5345 viewsChaffRAFC

442Dale has it right, Buckley and Messi who have been mentioned both use sheer pace to get past people with but McCourt is different in that he doesn't have that much pace, his getting past people was all in the technique of wrong footing opposition players. I've never seen anyone glide past past players by dropping a shoulder or a slight jink one way or another like Paddy does.

An absolute joy to watch.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 16:34 - Sep 15 with 5024 viewsbuckbyname

Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 11:11 - Sep 13 by sweetcorn

Can't possibly agree with that. Paddy McCourt is going past at best SPL and championship players, with all respect, messi can rip the best defenders in the worlds to shreads. Put messi up against some oath from the SPL and the results would be disastrous.

"some oath from the SPL and the results would be disastrous."

You would swear by that would you?
Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 16:37 - Sep 15 with 5018 viewsbuckbyname

Better than.................?? who cares he was/is wondrous to watch, worth paying the entrance fee for the odd ten seconds in any game.
Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 21:27 - Sep 24 with 4774 views442Dale

Paddy has set up all three for Brighton tonight according to reports.

Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 21:33 - Sep 24 with 4751 viewsD_Alien

Paddy Mccourt getting some loving on reddit on 21:27 - Sep 24 by 442Dale

Paddy has set up all three for Brighton tonight according to reports.

Seen him jinking along the byline to set up Mackail-Smith for the third on SSN

Taken off a few minutes later.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024