Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tweaking the 'FG's' big fat juicy nipples 09:08 - Dec 23 with 2506 viewsJimmyRustler

Christmas 2013 - Last play-off spot was occupied by none other than Rovrum.

We know what happened to them...

Christmas 2014 - If not for LOTR extra Mathieson we would have consolidated this spot on Saturday but we still sit in 6th.

Could this be our year?

I would usually dismiss it without any second thought but when I look at the table and the teams around us vying for those last couple of spots, I find myself saying, 'Well we're better than them...and them...and them by a mile.'

The question is, can we prove it in the second half of the season?

On another interesting note, Bristol City were rock bottom this time last year and Orient were top! Shows what a year and some fairly sizeable investment can do.
Tweaking the 'FG's' big fat juicy nipples on 09:24 - Dec 23 with 2463 viewsdingdangblue

Just hope Logan's loss isn't too disruptive - it shouldn't be as Josh is a very reliable keeper - just Conrad was something else! A win at Scunthorpe on Boxing Day would be great for Lillis , confidence wise , after such a long lay off.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Tweaking the 'FG's' big fat juicy nipples on 09:40 - Dec 23 with 2429 viewsDiddyDave

Tweaking the 'FG's' big fat juicy nipples on 09:24 - Dec 23 by dingdangblue

Just hope Logan's loss isn't too disruptive - it shouldn't be as Josh is a very reliable keeper - just Conrad was something else! A win at Scunthorpe on Boxing Day would be great for Lillis , confidence wise , after such a long lay off.

I watched Scunny`s replay at Worcester the other day,what a crap game that was. They won on penalties,13-12,I think it ended up. If Dale can`t beat that lot there`s summat wrong,though I see they got a 1-1 draw at Bradford last Saturday. Still,they seem to have it over Dale at the moment,just hope this season`s not the same and Dale can end the game with eleven players on the park.
Tweaking the 'FG's' big fat juicy nipples on 10:25 - Dec 23 with 2352 viewsTVOS1907

Tweaking the 'FG's' big fat juicy nipples on 09:40 - Dec 23 by DiddyDave

I watched Scunny`s replay at Worcester the other day,what a crap game that was. They won on penalties,13-12,I think it ended up. If Dale can`t beat that lot there`s summat wrong,though I see they got a 1-1 draw at Bradford last Saturday. Still,they seem to have it over Dale at the moment,just hope this season`s not the same and Dale can end the game with eleven players on the park.

Scunthorpe have gone nine games without defeat so it's foolhardy to dismiss them on the basis of an FA Cup tie against a non-league team.

We struggled against Aldershot for 75 minutes.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Tweaking the 'FG's' big fat juicy nipples on 10:48 - Dec 23 with 2325 viewsRosun

Tweaking the 'FG's' big fat juicy nipples on 09:24 - Dec 23 by dingdangblue

Me too DDb.
I've just got that horrible feeling that Josh's injury that he picked up at Chesterfield away is gnawing away at the back of his mind.
There was an incident at the Pearl St end before their equaliser where he gathered the ball and then let it slip under his body as if he had one eye out for an opposition forward rushing in. Ominous given what happened after 96 minutes, a real sense of deja vu.
Can't help but think that it wouldn't have happened to Conrad and I hate myself for saying that but I think I'm going to be saying that a few times before the end of the season.
Tweaking the 'FG's' big fat juicy nipples on 11:22 - Dec 23 with 2284 viewsD_Alien

Tweaking the 'FG's' big fat juicy nipples on 10:48 - Dec 23 by Rosun

Me too DDb.
I've just got that horrible feeling that Josh's injury that he picked up at Chesterfield away is gnawing away at the back of his mind.
There was an incident at the Pearl St end before their equaliser where he gathered the ball and then let it slip under his body as if he had one eye out for an opposition forward rushing in. Ominous given what happened after 96 minutes, a real sense of deja vu.
Can't help but think that it wouldn't have happened to Conrad and I hate myself for saying that but I think I'm going to be saying that a few times before the end of the season.

It's almost inevitable that people will compare any goals conceded by Lillis with "Conrad might've stopped that one"

But there's really no point, because it's completely unknowable.

All we can do is support Lillis to perform to the best of HIS ability.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tweaking the 'FG's' big fat juicy nipples on 11:35 - Dec 23 with 2260 viewsSuddenLad

Tweaking the 'FG's' big fat juicy nipples on 11:22 - Dec 23 by D_Alien

It's almost inevitable that people will compare any goals conceded by Lillis with "Conrad might've stopped that one"

But there's really no point, because it's completely unknowable.

All we can do is support Lillis to perform to the best of HIS ability.

He should be motivated by playing first team football again and for his first match to be against his former club, should give him that extra incentive.

Josh Lillis is a decent keeper, let's not forget that.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Tweaking the 'FG's' big fat juicy nipples on 11:42 - Dec 23 with 2245 viewsJimmyRustler

Tweaking the 'FG's' big fat juicy nipples on 11:35 - Dec 23 by SuddenLad

He should be motivated by playing first team football again and for his first match to be against his former club, should give him that extra incentive.

Josh Lillis is a decent keeper, let's not forget that.

Lillis made a smart save to stop Jonah's free kick and then from the following corner flapped at the cross and made a hash of it. That just about sums him up in a nutshell for me. He's a great shot stopper but isn't commanding enough to ever be anything more than a decent keeper. I think we can possibly do better. We've definitely been spoilt with Logan, no question about that.
Tweaking the 'FG's' big fat juicy nipples on 12:54 - Dec 23 with 2165 viewsDomDale

My personal prediction is that the top 5 will remain as is. The 6th spot will be up for grabs with the likes of us, oldham, notts , peterboro and possibly bradford battling for it.
We've played all of them at home (where lets be honest on the most part, we've been a bit rubbish/unlucky compared to away). We've gathered 1 point from the games against the teams mentioned above Not to say we won't do the business away and better our results but I think the play offs is going to be a tough ask and we'll fall just short as we did a few years ago. I'd love to be proven wrong though as another trip to wembley would be fantastic.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Login to get fewer ads

Tweaking the 'FG's' big fat juicy nipples on 13:43 - Dec 23 with 2107 viewsBartRowou

Tweaking the 'FG's' big fat juicy nipples on 12:54 - Dec 23 by DomDale

My personal prediction is that the top 5 will remain as is. The 6th spot will be up for grabs with the likes of us, oldham, notts , peterboro and possibly bradford battling for it.
We've played all of them at home (where lets be honest on the most part, we've been a bit rubbish/unlucky compared to away). We've gathered 1 point from the games against the teams mentioned above Not to say we won't do the business away and better our results but I think the play offs is going to be a tough ask and we'll fall just short as we did a few years ago. I'd love to be proven wrong though as another trip to wembley would be fantastic.

Oldham will be fighting for 6th bottom. That win against us has destroyed their season.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Tweaking the 'FG's' big fat juicy nipples on 15:01 - Dec 23 with 2028 viewsdingdangblue

Tweaking the 'FG's' big fat juicy nipples on 11:42 - Dec 23 by JimmyRustler

Lillis made a smart save to stop Jonah's free kick and then from the following corner flapped at the cross and made a hash of it. That just about sums him up in a nutshell for me. He's a great shot stopper but isn't commanding enough to ever be anything more than a decent keeper. I think we can possibly do better. We've definitely been spoilt with Logan, no question about that.

To be fair to Josh - Logans best asset was also his shot stopping. Maybe his 'bulk' restricted him - but he didn't really come for many crosses as I remember - goals conceded against Barnsley and Northampton from crosses saw him rooted to his line. He was a man mountain though and you would wonder if the Notts player would have challenged him in the 95th min for fear of his own health!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Tweaking the 'FG's' big fat juicy nipples on 20:47 - Dec 23 with 1864 viewsTalkingSutty

Tweaking the 'FG's' big fat juicy nipples on 15:01 - Dec 23 by dingdangblue

To be fair to Josh - Logans best asset was also his shot stopping. Maybe his 'bulk' restricted him - but he didn't really come for many crosses as I remember - goals conceded against Barnsley and Northampton from crosses saw him rooted to his line. He was a man mountain though and you would wonder if the Notts player would have challenged him in the 95th min for fear of his own health!

Agree, he was a big bugger. Anyway, let's remember that just prior to his injury Lillis was in the form of his life and very consistent,we can rest easy with Josh in the net he's a steady keeper.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024