Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC website pre match report Sheff U v Preston NE cup tie replay 21:09 - Feb 3 with 4435 viewsrobtheb

BBC are saying SU new signings Jason Holt, Kieron Freeman, John Brayford and Paul Coutts are all ineligible for tonight's cup tie [no mention of Matty]

Just hope Matty spends more time on the pitch than on the bench for league matches.

32 in their current squad.
BBC website pre match report Sheff U v Preston NE cup tie replay on 21:17 - Feb 3 with 4379 viewsD_Alien

3 goals in 10 minutes have put Preston in control

1-3

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

BBC website pre match report Sheff U v Preston NE cup tie replay on 21:18 - Feb 3 with 4372 viewsmidlandsdale

Shame!
BBC website pre match report Sheff U v Preston NE cup tie replay on 08:59 - Feb 4 with 4041 viewssweetcorn

Why do you care how many minutes he gets now? I thank him for his time at the club, but couldnt care less how his career developed from here, unless he once again finds himself at rochdale.

He's just another opposition player now.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

BBC website pre match report Sheff U v Preston NE cup tie replay on 16:14 - Feb 4 with 3881 viewsDale_Mike

BBC website pre match report Sheff U v Preston NE cup tie replay on 08:59 - Feb 4 by sweetcorn

Why do you care how many minutes he gets now? I thank him for his time at the club, but couldnt care less how his career developed from here, unless he once again finds himself at rochdale.

He's just another opposition player now.

If the deal has the usual 'add on' fees for appearances, goals, promotions, transfers etc etc then the more minutes he plays would be to our financial benefit.

I hope his career develops really well, he gets sold on for millions, then we get our usual cut.
BBC website pre match report Sheff U v Preston NE cup tie replay on 16:34 - Feb 4 with 3862 viewspioneer

BBC website pre match report Sheff U v Preston NE cup tie replay on 16:14 - Feb 4 by Dale_Mike

If the deal has the usual 'add on' fees for appearances, goals, promotions, transfers etc etc then the more minutes he plays would be to our financial benefit.

I hope his career develops really well, he gets sold on for millions, then we get our usual cut.

But that is a problem with all these add on elements - we end up having as much interest in other clubs progress as we do in our own.

So we now want Sheff U to do well and we want him to do well for Sheff U? No I don't - I hope he plays poorly and Sheff U go in the dumps - they are a rival and hence so is he. It was his choice to move and while he did it no doubt because he thought he would be bettering himself I hope he was wrong.

He has been before.
BBC website pre match report Sheff U v Preston NE cup tie replay on 17:24 - Feb 4 with 3826 viewsDale_Mike

BBC website pre match report Sheff U v Preston NE cup tie replay on 16:34 - Feb 4 by pioneer

But that is a problem with all these add on elements - we end up having as much interest in other clubs progress as we do in our own.

So we now want Sheff U to do well and we want him to do well for Sheff U? No I don't - I hope he plays poorly and Sheff U go in the dumps - they are a rival and hence so is he. It was his choice to move and while he did it no doubt because he thought he would be bettering himself I hope he was wrong.

He has been before.

That’s fair enough. Short term I have mixed emotions about the deal, mainly due to Sheff Utd being just one point above us in the table making them direct rivals until the end of the season at least. Would have been much happier to see him go to the Championship or a team a bit further up and out of sight.

However I think that hoping he fails in his career is a bit short sighted. It is what is, he is now a Sheffield United player, something we can’t now change. If his future success contributes to our continued prosperity in the long term then I am all for it.
BBC website pre match report Sheff U v Preston NE cup tie replay on 20:14 - Feb 4 with 3731 viewspioneer

BBC website pre match report Sheff U v Preston NE cup tie replay on 17:24 - Feb 4 by Dale_Mike

That’s fair enough. Short term I have mixed emotions about the deal, mainly due to Sheff Utd being just one point above us in the table making them direct rivals until the end of the season at least. Would have been much happier to see him go to the Championship or a team a bit further up and out of sight.

However I think that hoping he fails in his career is a bit short sighted. It is what is, he is now a Sheffield United player, something we can’t now change. If his future success contributes to our continued prosperity in the long term then I am all for it.

I dont think we disagree - its what you mean by his future success and our continued prosperity - I wish him well in the rest of his career where that doesn't adversely affect the well being of Rochdale FC.

But suppose we were to play Sheff U last game of the season and they need three points for promotion (the game in a couple of weeks could for example be postponed). We have a deal that involves a significant add on if Sheff U are promoted. We would be in a direct conflict between the financial add on and the (playing) success of RAFC.

Who would you be cheering for?
BBC website pre match report Sheff U v Preston NE cup tie replay on 20:33 - Feb 4 with 3703 viewsrobtheb

My original post was meant to indicate what we as a club would get out of Matty playing. You don't improve, gain experience or get seen sat on the bench..........just a numb backside.

Hope he plays regular, hopefully won't do us any harm.
Login to get fewer ads

BBC website pre match report Sheff U v Preston NE cup tie replay on 22:40 - Feb 4 with 3632 viewsmikehunt

I see Agent Done worked his magic last night - without even playing. Keep it up Matty lad. An own goal or two when you play us will do nicely, too.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

BBC website pre match report Sheff U v Preston NE cup tie replay on 14:52 - Feb 5 with 3520 viewsDale_Mike

BBC website pre match report Sheff U v Preston NE cup tie replay on 20:14 - Feb 4 by pioneer

I dont think we disagree - its what you mean by his future success and our continued prosperity - I wish him well in the rest of his career where that doesn't adversely affect the well being of Rochdale FC.

But suppose we were to play Sheff U last game of the season and they need three points for promotion (the game in a couple of weeks could for example be postponed). We have a deal that involves a significant add on if Sheff U are promoted. We would be in a direct conflict between the financial add on and the (playing) success of RAFC.

Who would you be cheering for?

His future success — banging in loads of goals and getting sold on for millions.

Our continued prosperity — we are 7th in league 1, if the season finished now that would be our highest ever finish I think. This deal could help us to sustain this in long term and keep improving.

Who would I be cheering for? That’s a really good question. That hypothetical situation is win / win for me. If that one off game was genuinely a dead rubber for Dale, if the windfall from a Sheffield United victory meant that we would have a club with stronger foundations & a better chance of success the following season, I would honestly not be unhappy if we lost. (Would not be cheering for them though! Play to win & definitely no funny business with throwing the game etc).

Digressing a bit I am sure there was a fairly recent interview with one of the players (possibly Lancashire / Andrew) which went something like this. Said player loved playing for dale, players come here because of the manager, the pay isn’t the best on offer but they know if they have the right attitude and apply themselves there is a good chance they will improve resulting in even better financial opportunities in the future.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024