Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please can we have some passion? 08:55 - Mar 7 with 10197 viewsTalkingSutty

Time to play the broken record, put it on continual play for two weeks. Local derbies used to be the ones you really anticipated but under Keith Hill they often turn into miserable, often passionless affairs. Listening to his interviews prior to the games and then watching the majority of our displays forms the base of my opinion, he just doesn't do local derbies.

Last seasons game at Boundary Park is still raw in the memory, Andy Ritchie's views, both before and after the game on commentary showed his dismay at how we didn't seem up for the game (listening to Hills pre- match interview) despite it being a local derby, I agreed with him. As a supporters that game was pretty embarrassing, a terrible performance in a game that had us on the edge of the Play Offs.

Oldham are probably the worst team I have seen this season at Spotland and apart from Alessanders open goal miss we didn't really lay a glove on them. Showing them too much respect when they were there for the taking. God knows why?

Wigan and Bury at home this season,again the manager took the passion out of the fixtures and seemed hesitant to see the importance of the fixture to the supporters,he treated the games as just another fixture and we ended up with two insipid displays lacking in any attacking intent. Very easy games for both Wigan and Bury. In fact that's how Hilly approaches local derbies which results in the opposition seemingly being more up for the game and we play on the back foot as the opposition take the game by the scruff of the neck.

I would hope that now we are more or less safe Hilly could approach the Bury and Oldham games with a degree of enthusiasm and not ones where he is playing against two of his mates. Let's face it the table doesn't lie, bury are no better than us and are in fact pretty crap away from home, attack them and they collapse. We are currently in good form aren't we?

Oldham are fighting for their lives so let's learn from our recent game against Shrewsbury and start the game in the right fashion. No playing these two fixtures down, we are well capable of six points and let's hope we don't have to listen to any drivel about the fans looking at bury with envious eyes etc. If we lose, we lose,but it would nice to know we gave both games a bloody good go.

I don't know if Hilly plays the games down because he feels a bit of pressure competing against Flicker/local bragging rights,whatever the reason it's very rare we produce a good performance so he needs to change his approach. Being up for a local derby and knowing the team will be hell bent on securing the bragging rights should be a given, not even up for discussion... but it isn't. There's no need to play with caution now, let's get stuck into them.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2016 16:30]
Please can we have some passion? on 15:49 - Mar 8 with 1285 viewsnordenblue

Please can we have some passion? on 15:19 - Mar 8 by 100notout

So it is a fact then and not just speculation? You didn't respond to my earlier question yet you give the impression that you know these things.

(For the record I'm not bothered either way - as I think TS said earlier if that's what we need to do to afford our most successful manager ever then sounds a fair do to me.)

Unless I heard it directly from the person I'd generally not class it as gospel,however the person who informed me gains nothing from telling tales and everything else he's mentioned previously has turned out to be spot on so he does seem very accurate.
Please can we have some passion? on 15:51 - Mar 8 with 1283 viewsdingdangblue

Please can we have some passion? on 15:49 - Mar 8 by nordenblue

Unless I heard it directly from the person I'd generally not class it as gospel,however the person who informed me gains nothing from telling tales and everything else he's mentioned previously has turned out to be spot on so he does seem very accurate.

I hope Hilly does get a cut - he's worth every penny.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Please can we have some passion? on 13:42 - Mar 9 with 1055 viewsaleanddale

Please can we have some passion? on 15:51 - Mar 8 by dingdangblue

I hope Hilly does get a cut - he's worth every penny.

Agreed!!

72 hours thereabouts until we all trudge to Spotland!!

Passion on show please as TS requests with the victor bursting through the 50+ points mark and local bragging rights until August at least!!

This is important to us fans!!! Come on the Dale!!!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024