Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lewis Alessandra 13:06 - Mar 8 with 7632 viewshull_dale19

Joined York City on a month's loan
Lewis Alessandra on 13:15 - Mar 8 with 5178 viewspioneer

Good luck to him. I hope it works out for him - he must be bored as hell here not getting a look in.
Lewis Alessandra on 13:22 - Mar 8 with 5143 viewscon_dale

Hope he bags a few goals to show us what we've missed sitting him on bench all the time
Lewis Alessandra on 13:40 - Mar 8 with 5076 viewsTalkingSutty

Good luck Lewis. He was the standout signing of the summer and would have been on good wages, will the supporters get a explanation why we hardly saw him?

York are doomed so it's not a great move for him but I am sure he will soon get his career back on track. It's a relief that he's finally sorted himself out with another club.
Lewis Alessandra on 13:58 - Mar 8 with 5024 viewssandylaner1

Lewis Alessandra on 13:22 - Mar 8 by con_dale

Hope he bags a few goals to show us what we've missed sitting him on bench all the time

this

good luck lewis
Lewis Alessandra on 14:01 - Mar 8 with 5004 viewsD_Alien

It's just a month's loan, not for the rest of the season although I suppose it could easily end up being that.

On the other hand, getting plenty of game time (plus showing willing by accepting the loan out) might have him back here during April match fit.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Lewis Alessandra on 14:04 - Mar 8 with 4992 viewsTalkingSutty

Lewis Alessandra on 14:01 - Mar 8 by D_Alien

It's just a month's loan, not for the rest of the season although I suppose it could easily end up being that.

On the other hand, getting plenty of game time (plus showing willing by accepting the loan out) might have him back here during April match fit.

Just in time for the play offs......#expectations.
Lewis Alessandra on 14:10 - Mar 8 with 4956 viewsDomDale

Good luck to him. Hope he bangs em in and comes back full of confidence.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Lewis Alessandra on 15:05 - Mar 8 with 4842 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Absolutely bizarre!

What has gone on with this guy...........high profile signing in the summer then goes missing?

Just hope he get's a few goals at York and comes back firing for the run in

Still bizarre!
Login to get fewer ads

Lewis Alessandra on 15:13 - Mar 8 with 4819 viewsdingdangblue

Lewis Alessandra on 15:05 - Mar 8 by Yorkshire_Dale

Absolutely bizarre!

What has gone on with this guy...........high profile signing in the summer then goes missing?

Just hope he get's a few goals at York and comes back firing for the run in

Still bizarre!

I wouldn't say bizarre. These things happen, for whatever reason Hill has seen something he doesn't like or maybe its a clash of personalities. Look at Diego Costa at Chelsea - downed tools when Mourhino was there this season - as soon as he left he starts playing and scoring again. Like I said these things happen - it might never come out what has gone on.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Lewis Alessandra on 17:38 - Mar 8 with 4569 viewsSuddenLad

Lewis Alessandra on 15:13 - Mar 8 by dingdangblue

I wouldn't say bizarre. These things happen, for whatever reason Hill has seen something he doesn't like or maybe its a clash of personalities. Look at Diego Costa at Chelsea - downed tools when Mourhino was there this season - as soon as he left he starts playing and scoring again. Like I said these things happen - it might never come out what has gone on.

It may even be that nothing has 'gone on' and that Alessandra simply didn't offer, or didn't adjust to what KH was asking. There are any number of reasons. Application, fitness, attitude.

Who knows ? He may get a chance to resurrect his career at York. Good luck to him, but clearly he didn't fit the bill here. The reasons don't really matter.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Lewis Alessandra on 17:47 - Mar 8 with 4536 viewsTalkingSutty

Lewis Alessandra on 17:38 - Mar 8 by SuddenLad

It may even be that nothing has 'gone on' and that Alessandra simply didn't offer, or didn't adjust to what KH was asking. There are any number of reasons. Application, fitness, attitude.

Who knows ? He may get a chance to resurrect his career at York. Good luck to him, but clearly he didn't fit the bill here. The reasons don't really matter.

Asking the question is perfectly reasonable though. Alessandra wouldn't have been paid peanuts, he turned down other clubs to sign for Rochdale. Probably one of out top earners I would have thought and to sign him and not play him is a luxury we can't afford.

He looked as fit as a fiddle the times he actually did get in the pitch. Fans contribute a lot of money to the Football Club and Alessander was the marque signing, some sort of explanation would be nice. If the same thing happened at other Clubs you can bet the fans would want to know what's going on.
Lewis Alessandra on 17:55 - Mar 8 with 4498 viewsSuddenLad

Lewis Alessandra on 17:47 - Mar 8 by TalkingSutty

Asking the question is perfectly reasonable though. Alessandra wouldn't have been paid peanuts, he turned down other clubs to sign for Rochdale. Probably one of out top earners I would have thought and to sign him and not play him is a luxury we can't afford.

He looked as fit as a fiddle the times he actually did get in the pitch. Fans contribute a lot of money to the Football Club and Alessander was the marque signing, some sort of explanation would be nice. If the same thing happened at other Clubs you can bet the fans would want to know what's going on.

I agree that asking the question is perfectly legitimate, but I'm just saying that there may be no 'story' to uncover. Wrong club, wrong time.

Alessandra was looking to move back to this area from Plymouth, because his family are based at Heywood. That makes sense, but perhaps the decison was made in haste and that the reality of the situation is that he wasn't suited to Rochdale or Keith Hill's ethos.

On the other hand, there's no reason why the club should have to explain anything.

Anyway, we'll need to free up his wage to sign Rickie Lambert on loan.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Lewis Alessandra on 18:02 - Mar 8 with 4484 views442Dale

I can understand the whole "he didn't fit in" etc yet there were numerous times he'd reappear on the bench and not be used. Why bother with that, anyone can go on the bench and fill a slot - our squad is more than big enough. Similarly his appearance v Millwall; he came on and looked quite sharp. If he didn't fit in why prolong it?

There are probably answers and maybe the manager will fill us in this week.

Actually an edit, why arent simple questions like the following put to Hill on a regular basis:

"what was being leaving Josh Lillis out?"
"how come Lewis Alessandra hasn't featured much?"
[Post edited 8 Mar 2016 18:05]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Lewis Alessandra on 18:04 - Mar 8 with 4475 viewsisitme

Allegedly he is one of the highest earners at the club and was a much sought after signing so something must be amiss for him not to be playing? Maybe he is not doing what he is being asked in training, or Hilly thinks that he doesn't offer what he thought he would have?

I suppose not every signing can be a success. He usually gets more hits than misses.
Lewis Alessandra on 18:09 - Mar 8 with 4460 viewsTalkingSutty

Lewis Alessandra on 17:55 - Mar 8 by SuddenLad

I agree that asking the question is perfectly legitimate, but I'm just saying that there may be no 'story' to uncover. Wrong club, wrong time.

Alessandra was looking to move back to this area from Plymouth, because his family are based at Heywood. That makes sense, but perhaps the decison was made in haste and that the reality of the situation is that he wasn't suited to Rochdale or Keith Hill's ethos.

On the other hand, there's no reason why the club should have to explain anything.

Anyway, we'll need to free up his wage to sign Rickie Lambert on loan.

An expensive mistake to make by Hilly then. I could understand your theory if he had played the first 10 games, offered very little and was subsequently dropped. At no stage of the season as he been given a run in the team.

Anyway, like you say, the fans don't require a explanation,we are here to keep schtum and don't question those in authority whilst still handing over our cash. It's a situation that's festered since the start of the season and nothing to do with his ability on the pitch, it can't be.

#TeamRochdale.
Lewis Alessandra on 18:13 - Mar 8 with 4436 viewsColDale

Lewis Alessandra on 18:02 - Mar 8 by 442Dale

I can understand the whole "he didn't fit in" etc yet there were numerous times he'd reappear on the bench and not be used. Why bother with that, anyone can go on the bench and fill a slot - our squad is more than big enough. Similarly his appearance v Millwall; he came on and looked quite sharp. If he didn't fit in why prolong it?

There are probably answers and maybe the manager will fill us in this week.

Actually an edit, why arent simple questions like the following put to Hill on a regular basis:

"what was being leaving Josh Lillis out?"
"how come Lewis Alessandra hasn't featured much?"
[Post edited 8 Mar 2016 18:05]

The problem with questions like that is either the answers are bland media responses or they have the potential to stir things up. Flicker has been asked about Chris Eagles recently, and what appears to be an honest answer from him has only led to further issues. Quite understandably, Eagles hasn't been too chuffed about having his professionalism called into question, and has let it be known to the press that he's been frozen out after questioning the training which has led to injuries he's suffered. It's a no win situation, where the lesser of two evils is probably keeping fans somewhat in the dark.
Lewis Alessandra on 18:23 - Mar 8 with 4407 viewsTalkingSutty

Lewis Alessandra on 18:13 - Mar 8 by ColDale

The problem with questions like that is either the answers are bland media responses or they have the potential to stir things up. Flicker has been asked about Chris Eagles recently, and what appears to be an honest answer from him has only led to further issues. Quite understandably, Eagles hasn't been too chuffed about having his professionalism called into question, and has let it be known to the press that he's been frozen out after questioning the training which has led to injuries he's suffered. It's a no win situation, where the lesser of two evils is probably keeping fans somewhat in the dark.

Fair enough,it's got to be a off the pitch issue and not related to his performances.If it is a clash of personalities or a big fall out its a pity grown adults can't sit down and sort out the problem. I don't buy into the theory that Hilly signed him but then once he arrived he didn't fancy him for whatever reason.

Anyway your last sentence is probably correct, pity we couldn't have sorted out the problem last Autumn and maybe free up a decent wage to assist us this season.
Lewis Alessandra on 18:36 - Mar 8 with 4379 views442Dale

Lewis Alessandra on 18:13 - Mar 8 by ColDale

I meant asking him months ago. Same as Lillis. Why aren't such simple queries ever made when they're relevant?

The minute Flitcroft said "Chris Eagles has come here for absolutely no money whatsoever" he was deserving of anything that has happened since.

Lewis Alessandra on 18:37 - Mar 8 with 4365 views442Dale

Lewis Alessandra on 18:23 - Mar 8 by TalkingSutty

Fair enough,it's got to be a off the pitch issue and not related to his performances.If it is a clash of personalities or a big fall out its a pity grown adults can't sit down and sort out the problem. I don't buy into the theory that Hilly signed him but then once he arrived he didn't fancy him for whatever reason.

Anyway your last sentence is probably correct, pity we couldn't have sorted out the problem last Autumn and maybe free up a decent wage to assist us this season.

re. Your Autumn bit: Exactly, and why has he been in the squad since ahead of other players if there is any issue?
[Post edited 8 Mar 2016 18:38]

Lewis Alessandra on 18:42 - Mar 8 with 4347 viewsColDale

Lewis Alessandra on 18:23 - Mar 8 by TalkingSutty

I'd like to think it was something as simple that he hasn't impressed enough in training to warrant a run in the team. Hilly has fallen out with players many times before but they are never usually cut adrift completely, and often find themselves back in the starting eleven just when you think they'd never play for the club again. That's never happened to LA who right from the offset seems to have been unable to get past the bench.

Hilly clearly liked him enough last Summer to stick him on the decent wage that he's on. But in the long term, he's one of a number that we may need to reduce. My gut feeling is that we will reduce the number of first team players in the Summer to try and improve the quality. We know we won't be putting the finances of the club at risk, but taking Saturday as an example, we had Lancashire, Kennedy, Andrew, RNL, Tanser, Allessandra Cannon and Syers - all potential first team players but not involved in the matchday squad.

I know Calvin's injured, but that's a lot of money being spent that isn't impacting on the Saturday afternoon. If we want to improve as a team, we need the key funds being spent on those on the pitch.Its possible that it might be a few years before we will have a strike force as good as Holt and Hendo (assuming Holty can be persuaded to stay on), so it might be next season or a few more years consolidation.
Lewis Alessandra on 18:58 - Mar 8 with 4294 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

This seems a similar situation to Jon Shaw. Probably no major falling out, just Hilly had a change of heart.

One of the first pre-season interviews Hilly said that Lewis had found it tough.

This may have given Donal his chance, which he has taken pretty much.

If there has been a falling out, both parties have handled it very professionally.

Good luck Lewis.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Lewis Alessandra on 19:01 - Mar 8 with 4277 viewsTalkingSutty

Lewis Alessandra on 18:42 - Mar 8 by ColDale

I'd like to think it was something as simple that he hasn't impressed enough in training to warrant a run in the team. Hilly has fallen out with players many times before but they are never usually cut adrift completely, and often find themselves back in the starting eleven just when you think they'd never play for the club again. That's never happened to LA who right from the offset seems to have been unable to get past the bench.

Hilly clearly liked him enough last Summer to stick him on the decent wage that he's on. But in the long term, he's one of a number that we may need to reduce. My gut feeling is that we will reduce the number of first team players in the Summer to try and improve the quality. We know we won't be putting the finances of the club at risk, but taking Saturday as an example, we had Lancashire, Kennedy, Andrew, RNL, Tanser, Allessandra Cannon and Syers - all potential first team players but not involved in the matchday squad.

I know Calvin's injured, but that's a lot of money being spent that isn't impacting on the Saturday afternoon. If we want to improve as a team, we need the key funds being spent on those on the pitch.Its possible that it might be a few years before we will have a strike force as good as Holt and Hendo (assuming Holty can be persuaded to stay on), so it might be next season or a few more years consolidation.

Yes, the squad is biggish on numbers but quite a lot of them are not doing enough to put pressure on Hilly to include them in the starting eleven, that's a scenario which I am sure he will be looking to change.

Bits and pieces players who are either not quite good enough or struggling with fitness and injury issues. Players who Hilly was hoping would show improvement but have failed to do so. That's the reason why i am a bit reluctant to have a go at Michael Rose,he's coming to the end of his career but at least he's kept himself fit and does a job for Hilly, others are just picking up a wage.

There are maybe eight or nine players who I would like to see stay at the Club, the rest of them don't seem to show any progression. Trim the squad down and improve the quality if possible.
Lewis Alessandra on 19:09 - Mar 8 with 4242 viewsrobtheb

Saw Lewis in the loo up in the main stand during half time, I think it was the re-arranged Crewe game. Someone was asking him why he was not catching the team, he just shrugged his shoulders and said "no idea"......obviously been told not to comment.
Lewis Alessandra on 19:26 - Mar 8 with 4192 viewsD_Dale

Lewis Alessandra on 13:40 - Mar 8 by TalkingSutty

Good luck Lewis. He was the standout signing of the summer and would have been on good wages, will the supporters get a explanation why we hardly saw him?

York are doomed so it's not a great move for him but I am sure he will soon get his career back on track. It's a relief that he's finally sorted himself out with another club.

I hope you are wrong about York being doomed. It was often a good place to visit when Dale played there.

As for Alessandra, I'm not sure those posters who think some conspiracy or disagreement must exist are right.

Last summer Hill was hoping to find a new Matt Done. Soon after Done went, he was suggesting loanee Fabien Brandy would make a replacement, and when that didn't work Alessandra might have seemed a good option. In the 2014-15 season he'd scored a respectable 11 league goals for Plymouth, as well as wanting to move into the area for family reasons.

But those 11 goals represented a third of the league goals he'd scored in 8 seasons (33 goals in 171 starts and 64 appearances as a sub). Hill probably hoped that Alessandra would maintain, and perhaps improve on, his recent goalscoring. Seeing more of him in training and early matches maybe suggested otherwise. With his last start, against Oldham on 24 October, he had scored one goal in 7 appearances, his career average.

So what could either of them do? Hill couldn't select him when the player wasn't providing what he'd hoped for, and Alessandra couldn't suddenly come up with the goods. No point in Hill apologising for making the signing, which would also amount to rubbishing the player. Having him on the subs' bench, plus the 20 minute appearance against Millwall, perhaps indicated that there was no Eagles-type squeezing out.

Of course, there might be a juicier explanation.
Lewis Alessandra on 19:27 - Mar 8 with 4179 viewsTalkingSutty

Lewis Alessandra on 19:09 - Mar 8 by robtheb

Saw Lewis in the loo up in the main stand during half time, I think it was the re-arranged Crewe game. Someone was asking him why he was not catching the team, he just shrugged his shoulders and said "no idea"......obviously been told not to comment.

It's the money that's been wasted on his wages that's the issue. If it's because of a loss of form or injury then fair enough that happens in football,but it obviously isn't.

Whatever the reason,it's been money down the drain. We have been short of a decent forward all season and that wage could have picked us up a few more points. Pity Hilly couldn't have moved him on before Xmas if he had no intentions of playing him. He probably tried but Alessandra didn't want to move.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024