Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ticket pricing 15:24 - Mar 9 with 3010 viewsnordenblue

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fans-react-n
Looks like finally things are moving in the right direction
Ticket pricing on 15:35 - Mar 9 with 2984 viewsrobbowood

But this could make it worse for clubs to attract supporters in thelower divisions
Ticket pricing on 15:42 - Mar 9 with 2968 viewsChaffRAFC

Ticket pricing on 15:35 - Mar 9 by robbowood

But this could make it worse for clubs to attract supporters in thelower divisions

That was my initial thought too. That said, it's for away fans only isn't it? That shouldn't affect us that much given that most Premiership away match goers would have been going anyway and will face a struggle for what is a very limited amount of tickets compared to their fanbases.

If they do the same for home fans then it would definitely have a big effect on lower league clubs. Why go and watch League One Rochdale take on Colchester United when you can go and watch Manchester United take on Tottenham Hotspur for just a tenner more?

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Ticket pricing on 15:57 - Mar 9 with 2948 viewsnordenblue

Ticket pricing on 15:35 - Mar 9 by robbowood

They should cap their prices too for away fans,I'd say a fair price is 30 for prem away fans dropping by 5 pound per division is about right, ending up 15 quid for away fans in league 2
[Post edited 9 Mar 2016 16:00]
Ticket pricing on 16:06 - Mar 9 with 2935 viewsnordenblue

Ticket pricing on 15:42 - Mar 9 by ChaffRAFC

That was my initial thought too. That said, it's for away fans only isn't it? That shouldn't affect us that much given that most Premiership away match goers would have been going anyway and will face a struggle for what is a very limited amount of tickets compared to their fanbases.

If they do the same for home fans then it would definitely have a big effect on lower league clubs. Why go and watch League One Rochdale take on Colchester United when you can go and watch Manchester United take on Tottenham Hotspur for just a tenner more?

Very true,the entrance price when all said and done should reflect the standard of football that's on show,it should be a damn sight cheaper to watch league 1 football than the prem.
I understand the higher up you go the sponsorship deals can help offset a reduced entrance though,but sadly people will always pick the better quality if 2 products are available at a similar price
[Post edited 9 Mar 2016 16:07]
Ticket pricing on 16:25 - Mar 9 with 2898 viewsjustanillusion

The football league need to look at doing something similar, the ' twenty plenty' campaign will hopefully gather momentum from here on
Ticket pricing on 16:47 - Mar 9 with 2854 views442Dale

Ticket pricing on 16:25 - Mar 9 by justanillusion

The football league need to look at doing something similar, the ' twenty plenty' campaign will hopefully gather momentum from here on

It'll be extremely disappointing if our matchday prices aren't back at the £20 max figure again next season. Couple a reduction with a revolutionary ST offer for the club and the benefits in terms of goodwill and media coverage will make up for making adjustments to the budget elsewhere.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ticket pricing on 16:52 - Mar 9 with 2838 viewsD_Alien

Ticket pricing on 16:06 - Mar 9 by nordenblue

Very true,the entrance price when all said and done should reflect the standard of football that's on show,it should be a damn sight cheaper to watch league 1 football than the prem.
I understand the higher up you go the sponsorship deals can help offset a reduced entrance though,but sadly people will always pick the better quality if 2 products are available at a similar price
[Post edited 9 Mar 2016 16:07]

Some people might, those who have no particular allegiance to their local club; but are there any Dale supporters (apart from Chaff*) who'd go and watch Man U instead of following the Dale? There may well be some willing to switch allegiance - feel free to speak up, those if you who'd be tempted, just in the interests of research! In fact, I might start a poll on this one, so people can answer anonymously.

* Only kidding

[Post edited 9 Mar 2016 16:59]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ticket pricing on 16:59 - Mar 9 with 2812 viewsboffley

Ticket pricing on 16:52 - Mar 9 by D_Alien

Some people might, those who have no particular allegiance to their local club; but are there any Dale supporters (apart from Chaff*) who'd go and watch Man U instead of following the Dale? There may well be some willing to switch allegiance - feel free to speak up, those if you who'd be tempted, just in the interests of research! In fact, I might start a poll on this one, so people can answer anonymously.

* Only kidding

* only kidding who? Us or Chaff?
Login to get fewer ads

Ticket pricing on 17:00 - Mar 9 with 2806 viewsD_Alien

Ticket pricing on 16:59 - Mar 9 by boffley

* only kidding who? Us or Chaff?

Chaff

Ticket pricing on 17:02 - Mar 9 with 2791 viewsboffley

Ticket pricing on 17:00 - Mar 9 by D_Alien

Chaff

Ta ----fair enough. He needs "winding up" sometimes!
Ticket pricing on 17:11 - Mar 9 with 2769 viewsnordenblue

Ticket pricing on 16:52 - Mar 9 by D_Alien

* Only kidding

It's not just about the existing supporters changing teams DA there's many hundreds who attend as and when suits,if there's a choice to go and watch a premier league game or Rochdale v Colchester it's not a tough one to call.
I've been to watch City many times and United when there was a chance to instead watch Rochdale for similar money
Ticket pricing on 18:15 - Mar 9 with 2711 viewsD_Alien

Ticket pricing on 17:11 - Mar 9 by nordenblue

It's not just about the existing supporters changing teams DA there's many hundreds who attend as and when suits,if there's a choice to go and watch a premier league game or Rochdale v Colchester it's not a tough one to call.
I've been to watch City many times and United when there was a chance to instead watch Rochdale for similar money

Yep, I realise that and by "existing supporters" I'd be including those who don't attend regularly, for whatever reason.

What I'm trying to ascertain here - and with the poll, unscientific though it might be - is what would it take, costwise, to tempt anyone to go to watch a premier league game instead of Dale. That might help inform clubs like Dale in their future pricing structures.

It'd be better if the club itself conducted some kind of research.

Ticket pricing on 18:28 - Mar 9 with 2685 views442Dale

As mentioned elsewhere, the importance of getting ticket prices right next season cannot be underestimated. We have reached a crossroads as far as attendances are concerned and carrying on as we are is not the road to take.

It was good to hear Frances mention in her interview that they are looking at season tickets and it's to be hoped she is being given the opportunity to lead on this. Especially as it's a role which includes the following in the job description: "You would implement strategically planned campaigns and would be required to initiate new ideas to generate revenues and increase the fan base." http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/job-vacancy-2186047

Not sure how we can seriously look at increasing the fan base now without doing something different on the pricing front.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ticket pricing on 19:23 - Mar 9 with 2615 viewsTalkingSutty

Ticket pricing on 18:15 - Mar 9 by D_Alien

Yep, I realise that and by "existing supporters" I'd be including those who don't attend regularly, for whatever reason.

What I'm trying to ascertain here - and with the poll, unscientific though it might be - is what would it take, costwise, to tempt anyone to go to watch a premier league game instead of Dale. That might help inform clubs like Dale in their future pricing structures.

It'd be better if the club itself conducted some kind of research.

It's the Matchday experience that would tempt me, that buzz you get when you start approaching the ground. The feeling that you are attending an event and the fans are all inclusive and valued. Being relieved of your money in a pleasant manner and not being treated as a hinderence.

Been to the Etihad many times, mainly on European nights and I can see the attraction, if I was interested in who actually won the game it would be even better. That's the problem, you can't just switch off from a team you've supported all your life, you can't ever capture that feeling when they score a goal.

Having said that, I'm going to go to some of City's European home games next season to break things up a bit. I don't know why but this season I have been bored stiff at quite a lot of our games.
Ticket pricing on 19:30 - Mar 9 with 2610 viewsTalkingSutty

Ticket pricing on 18:28 - Mar 9 by 442Dale

As mentioned elsewhere, the importance of getting ticket prices right next season cannot be underestimated. We have reached a crossroads as far as attendances are concerned and carrying on as we are is not the road to take.

It was good to hear Frances mention in her interview that they are looking at season tickets and it's to be hoped she is being given the opportunity to lead on this. Especially as it's a role which includes the following in the job description: "You would implement strategically planned campaigns and would be required to initiate new ideas to generate revenues and increase the fan base." http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/job-vacancy-2186047

Not sure how we can seriously look at increasing the fan base now without doing something different on the pricing front.

Good post. If it is a case of drastic reductions on Season Tickets then the advertising/ promotion needs to start now. If Frances was left to use her expertise i would feel a bit more confident of the outcome but I don't think she will be. Let's wait and see, something radical needs to happen though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024