Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFR Sky Tv 11:23 - Apr 15 with 3253 viewsjimmysbaldhead

Sky have just sent an email announcing their bi-monthly (It seems) price increase. They have lost Champions League and will be losing some cricket in the near future so I will need to get BT sport moving forward anyway.

My question then is what do my fellow Daleys have? Any recommendations, are Virgin any better?
NFR Sky Tv on 11:33 - Apr 15 with 3212 viewsFrog

I've got Sky but very rarely watch anything and will cancel it after the Ryder Cup. Only subscribed because the deal was sports, films, line rental, calls and fibre broadband for £55 which I thought was good. Work also pays £25 towards it.

Had BT and that was OK. I always swap after a year to the cheapest deal.
NFR Sky Tv on 12:11 - Apr 15 with 3154 viewsfunkkk

My advice would be to cancel with sky and wait until you are offered 50% off (or download the sky service app where the offer becomes available after a few days). I think you still get free bt sport with bt internet so might be worth switching that, or better still get the log in details of someone already on bt 👍🏼
NFR Sky Tv on 12:13 - Apr 15 with 3152 viewsTalkingSutty

NFR Sky Tv on 11:33 - Apr 15 by Frog

I've got Sky but very rarely watch anything and will cancel it after the Ryder Cup. Only subscribed because the deal was sports, films, line rental, calls and fibre broadband for £55 which I thought was good. Work also pays £25 towards it.

Had BT and that was OK. I always swap after a year to the cheapest deal.

Sky and BT. Got to have Sky to watch all the Cricket ( That's my main reason). I also watch quite a bit of the football. Wife utilises the Sky Catch up service all the time to watch her dramas, so it's beneficial for her also.

BT because I like to watch the National League games, some of the Premiership games and also Champions League and because of having BT Broadband my subscriptions are cheap. Not sure how much because my wife sorts that out but I think it's a fiver a month.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 12:16]
NFR Sky Tv on 12:18 - Apr 15 with 3132 viewsjimmysbaldhead

NFR Sky Tv on 12:13 - Apr 15 by TalkingSutty

Sky and BT. Got to have Sky to watch all the Cricket ( That's my main reason). I also watch quite a bit of the football. Wife utilises the Sky Catch up service all the time to watch her dramas, so it's beneficial for her also.

BT because I like to watch the National League games, some of the Premiership games and also Champions League and because of having BT Broadband my subscriptions are cheap. Not sure how much because my wife sorts that out but I think it's a fiver a month.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 12:16]

The way I've worked it out if I swap to Virgin I can get all the Sky sports and BT sport for cheaper than Sky do it.
NFR Sky Tv on 12:21 - Apr 15 with 3118 viewsTalkingSutty

NFR Sky Tv on 12:18 - Apr 15 by jimmysbaldhead

The way I've worked it out if I swap to Virgin I can get all the Sky sports and BT sport for cheaper than Sky do it.

That's with Virgin Broadband ?
NFR Sky Tv on 12:48 - Apr 15 with 3037 viewsjimmysbaldhead

NFR Sky Tv on 12:21 - Apr 15 by TalkingSutty

That's with Virgin Broadband ?

No just TV. Don't have broadband through Sky so wouldn't take it with Virgin.
NFR Sky Tv on 12:53 - Apr 15 with 3026 viewsboromat

I have Freesat but then pay for Netflix and Now TV(Entertainment). I also get BT Sports app with my broadband and you can cast to the TV using chromecast. If I want to watch something on Sky Sports I either go watch it with my dad who has it, go to the pub, or watch it on sky go using my dads login (however watching sky sports on a tablet isn't great so normally I don't bother). I also have the option of getting sky sports day pass on Now TV but it's not cheap. Suppose it's all down to your budget and how much TV you watch.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

NFR Sky Tv on 14:19 - Apr 15 with 2901 viewsArthurDaley

The Sky package I was on along with broad band and phone ( calls Extra ) was £80 a month, I phoned them up yesterday and told them I couldn't afford it any more, and was leaving. Said son was moving out and he paid towards Sky, ( he is moving out but didn't pay towards Sky).
Give me a minute said the operator, he came back and said I could keep everything I have now for £63 a month. So I am on another 12 months contract.

A large VAT Dave

Login to get fewer ads

NFR Sky Tv on 16:53 - Apr 15 with 2728 viewselectricblue

We cancelled sky tv in January as its just not value for money..
We did get sky fibre though and i wished we went with another provider as its cheaper and faster than sky...

And we are not tempted to go back either.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024