Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Country season ticket 14:48 - Apr 24 with 2312 viewsgazdale33

Can anybody explain what this actually is please
Country season ticket on 14:51 - Apr 24 with 2301 viewsSuddenLad

10 match season tickets for supporters whose home/permanent address is more than 50 miles away from Spotland.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Country season ticket on 14:57 - Apr 24 with 2286 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Country season ticket on 14:51 - Apr 24 by SuddenLad

10 match season tickets for supporters whose home/permanent address is more than 50 miles away from Spotland.

Why put a mileage restriction on it?.............just sell them to ANYONE who wants one.
Country season ticket on 15:05 - Apr 24 with 2261 viewsSuddenLad

Country season ticket on 14:57 - Apr 24 by Yorkshire_Dale

Why put a mileage restriction on it?.............just sell them to ANYONE who wants one.

I enquired aout that a few years ago. I won't bore you with the curt response I got, but I don't envisage it happening any time soon.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Country season ticket on 15:07 - Apr 24 with 2246 viewsR17ALE

Country season ticket on 14:57 - Apr 24 by Yorkshire_Dale

That defeats the object of them YD.

If anyone can buy one then they become a ten ticket block book. This means all fans can buy one and if by, Christmas we're having a shit season then they won't renew or buy a half season ticket.

The Country S/T was introduced to give exiles the opportunity to enjoy S/T benefits whilst encouraging them to maybe visit ten times per year rather than say, 6 times.

But I would reduce the mileage to 40 and use road miles and not as the crow flies which bizarrely the office did one season, depriving one bloke in Sheffield the chance to buy one! It's not just this season we've been maddeningly poor!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Country season ticket on 15:08 - Apr 24 with 2247 views442Dale

Country season ticket on 15:05 - Apr 24 by SuddenLad

I enquired aout that a few years ago. I won't bore you with the curt response I got, but I don't envisage it happening any time soon.

Please bore us with it, SL.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Country season ticket on 20:04 - Apr 24 with 2024 viewsoff2div1

Should change it to 35 it feels like 50 on that M62
Country season ticket on 21:58 - Apr 24 with 1943 viewspnc4eva1

It's a ten game ticket that works out with a game free. I had one this season after years of having a season ticket. Ha ING moved from the area it seemed like a good deal. I won't be getting another as the early bird took a bit of the sting off the other costs.

With fuel and food (I could bring sandwiches) it has worked out at nearly £50 a game.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Country season ticket on 22:14 - Apr 24 with 1912 viewsrafc1984

Country season ticket on 15:07 - Apr 24 by R17ALE

That defeats the object of them YD.

If anyone can buy one then they become a ten ticket block book. This means all fans can buy one and if by, Christmas we're having a shit season then they won't renew or buy a half season ticket.

The Country S/T was introduced to give exiles the opportunity to enjoy S/T benefits whilst encouraging them to maybe visit ten times per year rather than say, 6 times.

But I would reduce the mileage to 40 and use road miles and not as the crow flies which bizarrely the office did one season, depriving one bloke in Sheffield the chance to buy one! It's not just this season we've been maddeningly poor!

That'll be me. And as I've mentioned on the other thread, now that it's such poor value, I won't be renewing. And for the record, you don't get any of the (£100 saving) vouchers that full s/t holders get.
Login to get fewer ads

Country season ticket on 22:21 - Apr 24 with 1901 viewsR17ALE

Country season ticket on 22:14 - Apr 24 by rafc1984

That'll be me. And as I've mentioned on the other thread, now that it's such poor value, I won't be renewing. And for the record, you don't get any of the (£100 saving) vouchers that full s/t holders get.

I thought it was you, but didn't 'name' you as I wasn't sure. But I do recall the tale as one of "I walked into the club wanting to give them 100 quid and they turned me down. I left with the 100 quid I wanted to give to the club still in my pocket!"

Because technically you didn't live quite far enough away.

What's wrong with us?

Although 1984, if you were any sort of a fan you'd have moved house to timbuktoo just to qualify!!
[Post edited 24 Apr 2016 22:23]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Country season ticket on 22:54 - Apr 24 with 1850 viewsrafc1984

Country season ticket on 22:21 - Apr 24 by R17ALE

I thought it was you, but didn't 'name' you as I wasn't sure. But I do recall the tale as one of "I walked into the club wanting to give them 100 quid and they turned me down. I left with the 100 quid I wanted to give to the club still in my pocket!"

Because technically you didn't live quite far enough away.

What's wrong with us?

Although 1984, if you were any sort of a fan you'd have moved house to timbuktoo just to qualify!!
[Post edited 24 Apr 2016 22:23]

The club has for the past few seasons allowed me to renew, but yes that particular season I turned up with 140 quid in my pocket for my country ticket (which I'd held for 4 seasons) and Gina was Googleing my postcode. Computer says no was the bizarre answer.
Country season ticket on 03:26 - Apr 25 with 1764 viewsTalkingSutty

Country season ticket on 22:54 - Apr 24 by rafc1984

The club has for the past few seasons allowed me to renew, but yes that particular season I turned up with 140 quid in my pocket for my country ticket (which I'd held for 4 seasons) and Gina was Googleing my postcode. Computer says no was the bizarre answer.

She probably gleaned some sort of personal satisfaction from doing that also. Look at the size of our crowds, why do we treat supporters like that? Commonsense obviously isn't on the agenda.

I would have been tempted to jump in my car and never return again, obviously not before imparting some well intentioned advice regarding a suitable location to store the Computer. Certain situations demand a bit of plain speaking and that was worthy of one. You missed a trick there 1984
[Post edited 25 Apr 2016 3:29]
Country season ticket on 05:35 - Apr 25 with 1748 viewsnordenblue

Country season ticket on 03:26 - Apr 25 by TalkingSutty

She probably gleaned some sort of personal satisfaction from doing that also. Look at the size of our crowds, why do we treat supporters like that? Commonsense obviously isn't on the agenda.

I would have been tempted to jump in my car and never return again, obviously not before imparting some well intentioned advice regarding a suitable location to store the Computer. Certain situations demand a bit of plain speaking and that was worthy of one. You missed a trick there 1984

He could be taught a thing or two about missing a trick by most people at the club tbf...
Country season ticket on 07:38 - Apr 25 with 1686 viewsrafc1984

Country season ticket on 03:26 - Apr 25 by TalkingSutty

Oh I told them what I thought, but they're not bothered. The following season they sent me my renewal letter, so I filled it out sent it back and got my country ticket, and every season since there's been no problem, probably due to not having any verbal communication with the office.
Country season ticket on 10:47 - Apr 25 with 1598 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Country season ticket on 22:54 - Apr 24 by rafc1984

Only at San Spotty!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024