Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Being pro-active. 06:29 - Jun 3 with 8298 viewsTalkingSutty

The Club are pinning their hopes on Season Ticket sales by targeting the school children so whether we agree with their policies or not what plans are in place to reach out to those people? Does anybody have any ideas that could give the Club a push with the sales?

Maybe the Club could target each area such as Littleborough, Shawclough, Norden etc by taking out the mini bus and parking it up in a prominent area and distributing the tickets from the van by taking a member of staff, drag Desmond Dragon along also. Maybe get permission from local supermarkets to use a parking spot. Advertise the fact you will be there on the day and give away some freebies etc.

A fun day needs organising also to get the kids up to the Club, access all area of the Stadium and pick your free seat for the season. Advertise it extensively as each child under 11 gets a FREE season ticket.

Why not send a Free under 11 season ticket to EACH Goldbond member to distribute to somebody they know ( their own child/ grandchild/ neighbour etc) as a thank you for their loyal custom. That could be maybe 12000 tickets in one stroke. To activate the ST and show intention the recipient needs to contact the Club with a e- mail address. Why does the ST have to be in the form of a book, why can't it just be a cheap laminated card that they show at the turnstiles, the ten quid cost can be abolished then. Obviously distributing 12000 tickets might only result in 10% being utilised , it's a quick way of getting the tickets out there though.

In short, sticking up a few posters isn't going to work, the Club need to get out and be pro- active. Ditch the ten quid fee and give them away at Tesco and Asda with every 50 quid spend if need be. Two Thirds of the ground is empty at most games, so let's get the seats filled.

The ten quid admin fee is a big stumbling block because it then involves administration issues. That means it's difficult to just hand over FREE Season Tickets on the spot in different locations. Like I said.a cheap laminated pass would have done the job. I think the best case scenario anyway is attracting maybe around 1000 extra youngsters to the games so they wouldn't necessarily need their own seat.

The Clubs plan could work but it needs to be taken out to its target audience , you can't expect under 11 kids to make their own way up to the Stadium and start flashing tenners around.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2016 6:37]
Being pro-active. on 07:03 - Jun 3 with 5468 viewsroccydaleian

Do you really think the parents/carers etc of the under 11 kids are going to fork out between 15 and 22 quid to watch a game?
Being pro-active. on 07:06 - Jun 3 with 5465 viewsTalkingSutty

Being pro-active. on 07:03 - Jun 3 by roccydaleian

Do you really think the parents/carers etc of the under 11 kids are going to fork out between 15 and 22 quid to watch a game?

If they've got a couple of kids in tow it's not a bad deal. It could work but it needs to be marketed right. Are you up at Hare Hill tonight for the 20/20?
Being pro-active. on 07:20 - Jun 3 with 5446 viewsroccydaleian

Being pro-active. on 07:06 - Jun 3 by TalkingSutty

If they've got a couple of kids in tow it's not a bad deal. It could work but it needs to be marketed right. Are you up at Hare Hill tonight for the 20/20?

Mm, we'll see, but I've got a feeling that any new faces we'll see at Spotland next season will be of kids whose parents or mates who already go. Yes I'm up at the cricket tonight.
Being pro-active. on 07:23 - Jun 3 with 5439 viewsTVOS1907

Being pro-active. on 07:20 - Jun 3 by roccydaleian

Mm, we'll see, but I've got a feeling that any new faces we'll see at Spotland next season will be of kids whose parents or mates who already go. Yes I'm up at the cricket tonight.

He's probably there now!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Being pro-active. on 07:29 - Jun 3 with 5432 viewsTVOS1907

Being pro-active. on 07:20 - Jun 3 by roccydaleian

I know someone whose kids STILL haven't brought home any season ticket information from their school.

I'm not sure how this partnership is working, but I would have thought they should have had something by now - and certainly before this week's half term break - so their parent(s) could take advantage of the SPP if they so wished.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2016 7:32]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Being pro-active. on 07:58 - Jun 3 with 5387 viewsTalkingSutty

Being pro-active. on 07:29 - Jun 3 by TVOS1907

I know someone whose kids STILL haven't brought home any season ticket information from their school.

I'm not sure how this partnership is working, but I would have thought they should have had something by now - and certainly before this week's half term break - so their parent(s) could take advantage of the SPP if they so wished.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2016 7:32]

Good point about the half term holidays and SPP. That boats sailed now though. Maybe they might use the period leading up the the School Sunmer Holidays to push the offer and make the school kids aware.
Being pro-active. on 12:30 - Jun 3 with 5162 viewsdeeplishblue

Don't think that you would be allowed to hand out 12,000 free season tickets, what happen if they all turn up? I know this won't happen but for safety reasons you can't do this.

I think that the club has done the correct thing (sorry if this is not a popular opinion) Give out extremely cheap season tickets (50p per game for the kids) but make them make a small committment by paying the tenner.

Not sure how this is being marketed as I do not have kids at school or in local youth groups. Perhaps there could be some more work done on this - not sure.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Being pro-active. on 13:17 - Jun 3 with 5069 viewsupthedale

Being pro-active. on 12:30 - Jun 3 by deeplishblue

Don't think that you would be allowed to hand out 12,000 free season tickets, what happen if they all turn up? I know this won't happen but for safety reasons you can't do this.

I think that the club has done the correct thing (sorry if this is not a popular opinion) Give out extremely cheap season tickets (50p per game for the kids) but make them make a small committment by paying the tenner.

Not sure how this is being marketed as I do not have kids at school or in local youth groups. Perhaps there could be some more work done on this - not sure.

I don't think people necessarily disagreed with the actual £10 - more the marketing it at "free" and then having a £10 admin charge.

I'd imagine this was especially annoying for those fans who got one (actually) free last year and their child still fell into the bracket but have to pay £10.

I agree with you though that perhaps the £10 is better as at least it shows a bit of intent for the child to attend. Just think the club went the wrong way with every single aspect of the season ticket promotion - saying it was an exciting announcement etc.
Login to get fewer ads

Being pro-active. on 13:45 - Jun 3 with 5005 viewsTalkingSutty

Being pro-active. on 13:17 - Jun 3 by upthedale

I don't think people necessarily disagreed with the actual £10 - more the marketing it at "free" and then having a £10 admin charge.

I'd imagine this was especially annoying for those fans who got one (actually) free last year and their child still fell into the bracket but have to pay £10.

I agree with you though that perhaps the £10 is better as at least it shows a bit of intent for the child to attend. Just think the club went the wrong way with every single aspect of the season ticket promotion - saying it was an exciting announcement etc.

Maybe say that this is part of a three year plan which is aimed at doubling the amount of ST holders. During that period all pricing scales will be subjected to an attractive pricing policy in an attempt to attract bigger attendances.

It makes a lot of sense to comcentrate the effort over a longer period than just one close season and will offset a sudden loss on revenue.
Being pro-active. on 13:59 - Jun 3 with 4973 viewsrafc1984

My dad went up this week to renew his S/T and enquired about 2 additional under 11 tickets for his youngest grandchildren, got told that he needed to provide birth certificates in both cases in order to get them.
Another inconvenience that will put people off IMO
Being pro-active. on 14:04 - Jun 3 with 4961 viewsPorlicks

I've always felt that getting to the ground was a hinderance.

If I couldn't walk there or didn't have an available car, I'd probably feel it was too much effort. I imagine the supporters who live within walking distance far outweigh those on the other side of town.

Who are YOU with?

Being pro-active. on 16:33 - Jun 3 with 4823 viewsD_Alien

Being pro-active. on 14:04 - Jun 3 by Porlicks

I've always felt that getting to the ground was a hinderance.

If I couldn't walk there or didn't have an available car, I'd probably feel it was too much effort. I imagine the supporters who live within walking distance far outweigh those on the other side of town.

Surely those who live within walking distance will weigh less, due to the walking they do?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Being pro-active. on 20:18 - Jun 3 with 4688 viewsdingdangblue

Being pro-active. on 13:59 - Jun 3 by rafc1984

My dad went up this week to renew his S/T and enquired about 2 additional under 11 tickets for his youngest grandchildren, got told that he needed to provide birth certificates in both cases in order to get them.
Another inconvenience that will put people off IMO

Not at all - surely that's normal procedure when there are age price reductions. What's to stop anyone just going down and paying a tenner for their 12/13 year old? I took my kids passports down even though I was just renewing - no hassle.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Being pro-active. on 02:41 - Jun 5 with 4457 viewsrafc1984

Being pro-active. on 20:18 - Jun 3 by dingdangblue

Not at all - surely that's normal procedure when there are age price reductions. What's to stop anyone just going down and paying a tenner for their 12/13 year old? I took my kids passports down even though I was just renewing - no hassle.

Point is, we didn't know! We live out of town, long way out of town
Being pro-active. on 08:53 - Jun 5 with 4376 viewsroccydaleian

Being pro-active. on 02:41 - Jun 5 by rafc1984

Point is, we didn't know! We live out of town, long way out of town

Sorry rafc1984, the club has rightly had plenty of stick about the upcoming season's ST fiasco, but you can't blame this on them. On everything I've seen about ST concessions it clearly stipulates you need to bring some I.D.
Being pro-active. on 09:08 - Jun 5 with 4362 viewsroccydaleian

Being pro-active. on 13:45 - Jun 3 by TalkingSutty

Maybe say that this is part of a three year plan which is aimed at doubling the amount of ST holders. During that period all pricing scales will be subjected to an attractive pricing policy in an attempt to attract bigger attendances.

It makes a lot of sense to comcentrate the effort over a longer period than just one close season and will offset a sudden loss on revenue.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if their's a law or age limit where children must be accompanied by an adult inside the ground?
Being pro-active. on 09:24 - Jun 5 with 4341 viewsMoonyDale

Being pro-active. on 09:08 - Jun 5 by roccydaleian

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if their's a law or age limit where children must be accompanied by an adult inside the ground?

Not sure if this applies across the board but at Newcastle it's 13 years old......Would be interesting to find out what our age restrictions are...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Being pro-active. on 09:31 - Jun 5 with 4333 viewsroccydaleian

Being pro-active. on 09:24 - Jun 5 by MoonyDale

Not sure if this applies across the board but at Newcastle it's 13 years old......Would be interesting to find out what our age restrictions are...

11, maybe? #cynical
Being pro-active. on 10:05 - Jun 5 with 4295 views442Dale

They'll have plans in place to monitor it, simalarly things like making sure all the kids ST seats have a spare seat next to them for their parent/grandparent to accompany them; it'll be all sorted. Also if there's an all ticket game where ST holders get priority, a holder of an u11 ST will presumably get the opportunity to get a ticket for the adult at the same time - thus increasing the value of their season ticket and boosting attendance at those games.

It's a real positive to the kids tickets that these accompanying benefits can be capitalised on.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Being pro-active. on 11:14 - Jun 5 with 4240 viewsD_Alien

Being pro-active. on 09:24 - Jun 5 by MoonyDale

If that'd been in place at Dale back in the day, they'd have several hundred less committed fans now!

When mums/dads arrive at the Pearl St turnstiles with their young 'uns, they sometimes put them through the junior one with the right cash and it appears there are no questions asked. Maybe it's just assumed they're with their parents/guardians?
[Post edited 5 Jun 2016 11:15]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Being pro-active. on 11:59 - Jun 5 with 4206 viewsnordenblue

Being pro-active. on 11:14 - Jun 5 by D_Alien

If that'd been in place at Dale back in the day, they'd have several hundred less committed fans now!

When mums/dads arrive at the Pearl St turnstiles with their young 'uns, they sometimes put them through the junior one with the right cash and it appears there are no questions asked. Maybe it's just assumed they're with their parents/guardians?

Not sure if its been mentioned previously but they should also offer a heavily reduced adult season ticket if bought with a "free"(£10) child one,
Being pro-active. on 12:32 - Jun 5 with 4180 viewsDaley_Lama

Being pro-active. on 11:59 - Jun 5 by nordenblue

Not sure if its been mentioned previously but they should also offer a heavily reduced adult season ticket if bought with a "free"(£10) child one,

Everybody would simply do that, with random kid to get a reduced ST

Poll: DF in or out

Being pro-active. on 12:33 - Jun 5 with 4180 viewsTalkingSutty

Being pro-active. on 11:14 - Jun 5 by D_Alien

Never heard of children under a certain age having to be accompanied by an adult, never seen a sign over turnstiles etc at any ground or Turnstile operators having to check.
Being pro-active. on 12:45 - Jun 5 with 4175 viewsnordenblue

Being pro-active. on 12:32 - Jun 5 by Daley_Lama

Everybody would simply do that, with random kid to get a reduced ST

There needs to be some decent incentive for the paying adult too who's taking the "free" child when attending together,you're also getting 2 people into the habit of attending every home game too.

It's still costing the paying adult the best part of 20 quid, it's hardly the bargain of the century
Being pro-active. on 14:53 - Jun 5 with 4103 viewsMoonyDale

Being pro-active. on 12:33 - Jun 5 by TalkingSutty

Never heard of children under a certain age having to be accompanied by an adult, never seen a sign over turnstiles etc at any ground or Turnstile operators having to check.

Taken from their terms and conditions of entry....It's actually 12 years old not 13 as I stated. I blame the hangover.....

17.1.5 The minimum age to attend a Match at the Ground for unaccompanied juniors is 12 years. For the avoidance of doubt, the final decision on admission to the Ground belongs to the Box Office Manager.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024