Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
knee injury advice... 14:34 - Jul 13 with 1933 viewsMoonyDale

Quick question for anyone who has had knee injuries out there, did my right knee about a week ago, inside just to the left of my right knee.
Unable to bare weight on it and severe stabbing pains when moving it, can't get into the docs for another sodding week and don't think it's serious enough for an A&E visit, no swelling to speak of and no bruising but unable to walk without pain even with a stick.

Any ideas what to do for the next week? Strapping or compression bandages?
Thought of cutting the leg off but seems a tad extreme.......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

knee injury advice... on 15:13 - Jul 13 with 1882 viewsR17ALE

I did something similar a few weeks ago and managed to hobble into the physiotherapists on bury Road opposite the old Dog and Partridge, now called the Bamford Arms. I was seen to straightaway and was much better within an hour. Might be wise to phone for an appointment. 01706 522277. Think it cost me £40.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

knee injury advice... on 15:28 - Jul 13 with 1846 viewsnordenblue

Sounds like cruciate/ligament where you describe,you can as a first port of call ring the NHS 111 non emergency number as they then advise where/what to do next,they can also pre "book" you in at A&E if they see necessary so no waiting around for hours on end too.

Having used the service a few times mainly for my young daughter recently I have to say the care/information has been first class,hope it helps a bit MD.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2016 15:32]
knee injury advice... on 15:37 - Jul 13 with 1822 viewsfrequency

i had the same problem a few years back and mine was the cruciate ligament had to have my cartlidge out key hole surgery went in at 2 0 clock and bandaged up and walking out at 4 0 clock,hope this helps

Hate city

knee injury advice... on 15:45 - Jul 13 with 1801 viewsMoonyDale

knee injury advice... on 15:37 - Jul 13 by frequency

i had the same problem a few years back and mine was the cruciate ligament had to have my cartlidge out key hole surgery went in at 2 0 clock and bandaged up and walking out at 4 0 clock,hope this helps

Cheers all for the advice, will ring NHS and see if I can pre book an appointment

knee injury advice... on 15:56 - Jul 13 with 1779 viewsTalkingSutty

Have you tried Cabbage Leaves? Pick one with dark leaves, something like a savoy. Rip off 4 of the outside leaves and par-boil them for about 7 minutes. Don't discard the rest of the cabbage, it's nice baked in the oven with lashings of pepper and best butter then married up with bacon ribs.

Drain the cabbage leaves and allow to rest. After approximately 20 minutes carefully wrap the leaves around the area of pain and then hold in place with a large Crepe bandage, fix in place with tape or a large safety pin. A word of warning don't wrap the bandage too tight and keep a eye on the circulation of your leg. Give that a go first, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Good luck anyway.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2016 16:29]
knee injury advice... on 16:02 - Jul 13 with 1767 viewsdingdangblue

knee injury advice... on 15:56 - Jul 13 by TalkingSutty

Have you tried Cabbage Leaves? Pick one with dark leaves, something like a savoy. Rip off 4 of the outside leaves and par-boil them for about 7 minutes. Don't discard the rest of the cabbage, it's nice baked in the oven with lashings of pepper and best butter then married up with bacon ribs.

Drain the cabbage leaves and allow to rest. After approximately 20 minutes carefully wrap the leaves around the area of pain and then hold in place with a large Crepe bandage, fix in place with tape or a large safety pin. A word of warning don't wrap the bandage too tight and keep a eye on the circulation of your leg. Give that a go first, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Good luck anyway.

Ronaldo is currently sat at home trying this.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

knee injury advice... on 16:02 - Jul 13 with 1764 viewsMoonyDale

Good luck anyway.

TS a few years ago you'd have been called a witch and burned at the stake on Pendle hill.......

knee injury advice... on 16:28 - Jul 13 with 1729 viewsTalkingSutty

knee injury advice... on 16:02 - Jul 13 by MoonyDale

TS a few years ago you'd have been called a witch and burned at the stake on Pendle hill.......

Good Luck mate, glad you saw the funny side.
Login to get fewer ads

knee injury advice... on 16:31 - Jul 13 with 1716 viewsNafelad

Good luck anyway.

Think this idea is just a load of carbbage!

Topcat

knee injury advice... on 16:53 - Jul 13 with 1680 viewsMoonyDale

knee injury advice... on 16:28 - Jul 13 by TalkingSutty

Good Luck mate, glad you saw the funny side.

Cheers TS, talking of the funny side that's exactly what the pain feels like. It's just like whacking your funny bone where you have to laugh the pain is so bad......Took Nordenblues advice and called 111, they said rest, ice, compression and elevation. If no better in 48 hours then off to a&e......Fingers crossed it's ok for the next friendly...
[Post edited 13 Jul 2016 16:53]

knee injury advice... on 16:56 - Jul 13 with 1664 viewsYouTubeDale

If you've run out of cabbage a wet lettuce will do.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

knee injury advice... on 17:03 - Jul 13 with 1657 viewsnordenblue

knee injury advice... on 16:53 - Jul 13 by MoonyDale

Cheers TS, talking of the funny side that's exactly what the pain feels like. It's just like whacking your funny bone where you have to laugh the pain is so bad......Took Nordenblues advice and called 111, they said rest, ice, compression and elevation. If no better in 48 hours then off to a&e......Fingers crossed it's ok for the next friendly...

Glad it's of use, sadly I've recently had lots to do with our frequently downtrodden NHS system due to my Mrs having various scans,MRI,MRA's for pretty heavy stuff and the treatment we've received has been nothing short of amazing from the bottom right to neuro surgeons/consultants,it's these times when you really are in the brown stuff you realise just how good the facility actually is,they are all worth every penny and much more.
knee injury advice... on 17:17 - Jul 13 with 1627 viewsYorkshire_Dale

knee injury advice... on 16:56 - Jul 13 by YouTubeDale

If you've run out of cabbage a wet lettuce will do.

Jeremy Corbyn?
knee injury advice... on 17:28 - Jul 13 with 1611 viewsTalkingSutty

knee injury advice... on 16:53 - Jul 13 by MoonyDale

So basically you've timed all this to correspond with the start of the Open Golf and the Test Match from Lords?
knee injury advice... on 17:31 - Jul 13 with 1606 viewsTalkingSutty

knee injury advice... on 17:03 - Jul 13 by nordenblue

Glad it's of use, sadly I've recently had lots to do with our frequently downtrodden NHS system due to my Mrs having various scans,MRI,MRA's for pretty heavy stuff and the treatment we've received has been nothing short of amazing from the bottom right to neuro surgeons/consultants,it's these times when you really are in the brown stuff you realise just how good the facility actually is,they are all worth every penny and much more.

Great Post. The NHS is still the jewel in our Crown.
knee injury advice... on 17:37 - Jul 13 with 1593 viewsMoonyDale

knee injury advice... on 17:28 - Jul 13 by TalkingSutty

So basically you've timed all this to correspond with the start of the Open Golf and the Test Match from Lords?

Shhhhhh, if the missus suspects I'll be needing two legs repairing...

knee injury advice... on 17:41 - Jul 13 with 1586 viewsMoonyDale

knee injury advice... on 17:03 - Jul 13 by nordenblue

Completely agree, if not for the NHS I definitely would not be here today. Fingers crossed everything goes ok for your other half, worrying times for sure but if anyone can sort it the Marvel's that work for the health service can.......

knee injury advice... on 18:01 - Jul 13 with 1555 viewsShun

If you can't weight bear I'd deem it worthy of an A&E visit. I see on a regular basis the things people go to A&E with, from colds to mild grazes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024