Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pre Season Is Done So... Peterborough Line Up! 09:23 - Jul 31 with 4221 views1907

Josh

Raff
Mcgahey
Canavan
Jim

Camps
Allen
Lund

Donal
Henderson
Mendez

Subs:
Diba
Cannon
Andrew
Odelusi
RNL
Tanser
Vincenti
Pre Season Is Done So... Peterborough Line Up! on 09:27 - Jul 31 with 4214 viewsAtThePeake

Agreed, although I would try and find a place for Rathbone on the bench. Possibly ahead of RNL.

Tangled up in blue.

Pre Season Is Done So... Peterborough Line Up! on 09:31 - Jul 31 with 4192 views1907

Pre Season Is Done So... Peterborough Line Up! on 09:27 - Jul 31 by AtThePeake

Agreed, although I would try and find a place for Rathbone on the bench. Possibly ahead of RNL.

Good shout. Only just realised I've left Bunney and Morley out of my squad as well without realising. To say a lot of us feel we have a weak squad, when you try and narrow down your 18 it's pretty tricky!
Pre Season Is Done So... Peterborough Line Up! on 09:38 - Jul 31 with 4167 viewsbolton_dale

I'd agree but not sure if Lund will be fit?

I'd go...

Lillis

Rafferty
McGahey
Canavan
McNulty

Allen
Camps
McDermott

Mendez Laing
Andrew
Henderson

Then 7 from the rest!
Pre Season Is Done So... Peterborough Line Up! on 09:51 - Jul 31 with 4131 views442Dale

Pre Season Is Done So... Peterborough Line Up! on 09:38 - Jul 31 by bolton_dale

I'd go...

Lillis

Rafferty
McGahey
Canavan
McNulty

Allen
Camps
McDermott

Mendez Laing
Andrew
Henderson

Then 7 from the rest!

I'd go with that too. Donal gets more involved centrally, give him freedom to create. Plus he gets involved defensively more there.

Andrew deserves to start based on his performances.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Pre Season Is Done So... Peterborough Line Up! on 09:56 - Jul 31 with 4100 viewsmacro

Assuming - Lund, Vincenti both out

Lillis
McNulty
Rafferty
McGahey
Canavan
Cannon
Allen
McDermott
Mendez-Laing
Henderson
Andrew

bench
Keeper -diba/collis/deing
Tanser
Camps
Bunney
Odelusi
Morley
Rathbone
Pre Season Is Done So... Peterborough Line Up! on 12:03 - Jul 31 with 3917 viewsTalkingSutty

Pre Season Is Done So... Peterborough Line Up! on 09:38 - Jul 31 by bolton_dale

I'd go...

Lillis

Rafferty
McGahey
Canavan
McNulty

Allen
Camps
McDermott

Mendez Laing
Andrew
Henderson

Then 7 from the rest!

That would be more or less be my team. Watching some of the squad players yesterday really makes you realise what a talented bunch of players we currently have at the Club. If Hill can manage to recruit 2 or 3 quality individuals and the younger players continue their improvement then anything could happen. It's probably the most talented squad of players I've ever seen at Rochdale and that's without Hilly putting the final pieces of the jigsaw together.

Defence is key, get that right and we're laughing. A natural born goalscorer is always nice and we are short of a ratter in the Chris Dagnall mould but look at the forward thinking players we already have at our disposal.....Hendo, NML, Bunney, The Pearl, Odejani, Donal, Vincenti, Camps and maybe RNL. They are all capable of scoring goals, I also think Canavan could be good for 5 or 6.

Nothing to fear in this league and I agree with Whiteys post from last night, play on the front foot and take the game to the opposition. Playing at a slow, cagey tempo never gets us anywhere and stunts our game. Really looking forward to the new season and have high hopes, I wouldn't turn my nose up at 5th from bottom though obviously. Fifty points is the first target.

[Post edited 31 Jul 2016 12:17]
Pre Season Is Done So... Peterborough Line Up! on 14:55 - Jul 31 with 3699 viewsLuke8686

Really excited about the start of the season, was fearing we'd lose one or two more players during the summer than we have done. Keeping hold of our midfield players could prove key, and as long as they stay fit and form is consistent then there's no reason why we can't finish in the top six come May.

Defensively I think that we will be stronger than last season with Ollie gone, just hope McGahey and Canavan can form a decent partnership to cover for the loss of Eastham.
Pre Season Is Done So... Peterborough Line Up! on 16:26 - Jul 31 with 3557 viewsflyerdale

Pre Season Is Done So... Peterborough Line Up! on 14:55 - Jul 31 by Luke8686

Really excited about the start of the season, was fearing we'd lose one or two more players during the summer than we have done. Keeping hold of our midfield players could prove key, and as long as they stay fit and form is consistent then there's no reason why we can't finish in the top six come May.

Defensively I think that we will be stronger than last season with Ollie gone, just hope McGahey and Canavan can form a decent partnership to cover for the loss of Eastham.

Shhhhh transfer window is still open yet.
Login to get fewer ads

Pre Season Is Done So... Peterborough Line Up! on 17:07 - Jul 31 with 3490 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Pre Season Is Done So... Peterborough Line Up! on 16:26 - Jul 31 by flyerdale

Shhhhh transfer window is still open yet.

Jamie Allen needs to get that Contract Extension signed soon as!
Pre Season Is Done So... Peterborough Line Up! on 17:24 - Jul 31 with 3449 viewsflyerdale

Pre Season Is Done So... Peterborough Line Up! on 17:07 - Jul 31 by Yorkshire_Dale

Jamie Allen needs to get that Contract Extension signed soon as!

Agree but will he sign one?
Pre Season Is Done So... Peterborough Line Up! on 18:24 - Jul 31 with 3355 viewsisitme

There is one on the table, which according to Hilly is as far as the club can go.
Pre Season Is Done So... Peterborough Line Up! on 19:01 - Jul 31 with 3270 viewsTipperaryDale

The back four and keeper pick themselves - don't think we've had such an obvious defence for a while now. In midfield for me it's Allen and Camps, assuming Lund isn't available. Front four of Andrew, Hendo, McDermott and NML - they can switch about wherever suits. A strong side - that front line should scare most of the division, and if they can stay fit we should score hatfuls.
Pre Season Is Done So... Peterborough Line Up! on 23:09 - Jul 31 with 3030 viewsDannyG_RAFC

Josh
raff
mcgahey
caravan
big jim
Allen
camps donal
NML Andrew Hendo

dieng
Tanser
River
Cannon
Morley
Odelusi
bunny
Pre Season Is Done So... Peterborough Line Up! on 18:07 - Aug 1 with 2717 viewsTomRAFC

If we are without Lund then I would go with the below. Then again that is almost absurdly attacking. Maybe slot Cannon in the midfielder somewhere? We need that one player who is going to get more than just a few goals this season. I can see NML maybe having a Matt Done style season pushing forward a lot more and scoring a fair few.

Lillis

Rafferty
McGahey
Canavan
McNulty

Allen
Camps
McDermott

Mendez Laing
Andrew
Henderson

Dieng