Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meeting with the directors 18:52 - Sep 9 with 13618 viewsColDale

This Thursday
http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2016/09/meeting-with-the-directors/

If you're using the contact form, it's Spotland not COA for the Stadium Q to beat off the bots
Meeting with the directors on 18:11 - Sep 11 with 6081 views442Dale

As usual, happy to collate questions to send in. Post them here or PM.

Or join the Trust via their site and do it yourself!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Meeting with the directors on 08:03 - Sep 12 with 5781 viewsColDale

There may be an issue with the contact form. Please use the email rather than the CF.
Meeting with the directors on 10:48 - Sep 17 with 5310 viewsNinco

So are we going to be told what was discussed and what their responses were?
Meeting with the directors on 11:07 - Sep 17 with 5276 views442Dale

The reports of the meetings usually appear on the Trust site within a few days. To be fair, they'll take some writing up so it'll be a case of when there's time outside of normal lives/jobs etc!

These questions were all sent in, some from myself based on what many have discussed on here, some sent to me:

1. Back in March when the club responded to questions from the Trust, the following question was asked:
Are prices for food and drink in the away stand the same as elsewhere in the ground?
The reply was "The club will look into this."
Could the club confirm the outcome of looking into this issue?

2. Do the directors acknowledge mistakes were made when promoting this year's season tickets? Also, are they aware of the work that needs to be done to rebuild the bond between the club and loyal supporters who felt affected by both the pricing and the club's explanations?

3. What steps are the club going to take to increase crowds, given the last two league games at Spotland have seen less than 2000 home fans?

4. Do the club feel their season ticket initiative for this season has been successful and is there a breakdown of sales in each age category?

5. Has the manager's budget been significantly affected by the drop in home attendances?

6. As per a story last year on the Trust site ('Board answers to members' questions', dated: 3/12/15) the following was stated by the club regarding sales of junior season tickets:
"200 Under seven's (free)
350 Junior season ticket holders."
With these figures in mind, could the club now confirm the amount of free* under 11 season tickets that have been sold and state how they feel this promotion went? Specifically, do they believe including an administration fee was a good idea?

7. Why do the club and the manager find it difficult to accept refereeing decisions, particularly over sendings off?

8. Last year's kit competition was a big success. Are the club planning to run it this year?

Meeting with the directors on 11:17 - Sep 17 with 5257 viewsNinco

Meeting with the directors on 11:07 - Sep 17 by 442Dale

The reports of the meetings usually appear on the Trust site within a few days. To be fair, they'll take some writing up so it'll be a case of when there's time outside of normal lives/jobs etc!

These questions were all sent in, some from myself based on what many have discussed on here, some sent to me:

1. Back in March when the club responded to questions from the Trust, the following question was asked:
Are prices for food and drink in the away stand the same as elsewhere in the ground?
The reply was "The club will look into this."
Could the club confirm the outcome of looking into this issue?

2. Do the directors acknowledge mistakes were made when promoting this year's season tickets? Also, are they aware of the work that needs to be done to rebuild the bond between the club and loyal supporters who felt affected by both the pricing and the club's explanations?

3. What steps are the club going to take to increase crowds, given the last two league games at Spotland have seen less than 2000 home fans?

4. Do the club feel their season ticket initiative for this season has been successful and is there a breakdown of sales in each age category?

5. Has the manager's budget been significantly affected by the drop in home attendances?

6. As per a story last year on the Trust site ('Board answers to members' questions', dated: 3/12/15) the following was stated by the club regarding sales of junior season tickets:
"200 Under seven's (free)
350 Junior season ticket holders."
With these figures in mind, could the club now confirm the amount of free* under 11 season tickets that have been sold and state how they feel this promotion went? Specifically, do they believe including an administration fee was a good idea?

7. Why do the club and the manager find it difficult to accept refereeing decisions, particularly over sendings off?

8. Last year's kit competition was a big success. Are the club planning to run it this year?

I don't see my questions on there, so either the online form was not working or they must have ran out of time.
Meeting with the directors on 11:22 - Sep 17 with 5239 views442Dale

Meeting with the directors on 11:17 - Sep 17 by Ninco

I don't see my questions on there, so either the online form was not working or they must have ran out of time.

Sorry, I meant those are the ones I sent in. I'm sure there were others.

What ones did you send?

Edit: the Trust did say the online form wasn't working - did you email them too?
[Post edited 17 Sep 2016 11:23]

Meeting with the directors on 11:48 - Sep 17 with 5191 viewsNinco

Meeting with the directors on 11:22 - Sep 17 by 442Dale

Sorry, I meant those are the ones I sent in. I'm sure there were others.

What ones did you send?

Edit: the Trust did say the online form wasn't working - did you email them too?
[Post edited 17 Sep 2016 11:23]

Mine were about the general cleanliness of the ground. I know that they have started to spend the renaming money on doing up the hospitality areas, but meanwhile the fans have to hold their breath every time they use the main stand toilets as the smell is so bad, (even when the turnstiles have just opened). There is always urine all over the floor and a permanent water leak. Although there is a sink, there is no means of drying your hands so most people don't bother washing them, then touch the door handle with the same hand they have just held their nudger with.

I went on to say that the outside appearance of the ground, especially near the turnstiles looks scruffy and doesn't set a good example to those visiting the ground for the first time.

I'm sure that there will be people who think it's nitpicking and they will say that performances on the pitch are more important than the appearance of the ground, but I think you only have to look at the attendances to see that we need new supporters and whilst they are trying on street advertising, if I went to a football ground for the first time and it felt dirty, it would certainly influence my decision to go again.
Meeting with the directors on 11:51 - Sep 17 with 5182 views442Dale

Meeting with the directors on 11:48 - Sep 17 by Ninco

Mine were about the general cleanliness of the ground. I know that they have started to spend the renaming money on doing up the hospitality areas, but meanwhile the fans have to hold their breath every time they use the main stand toilets as the smell is so bad, (even when the turnstiles have just opened). There is always urine all over the floor and a permanent water leak. Although there is a sink, there is no means of drying your hands so most people don't bother washing them, then touch the door handle with the same hand they have just held their nudger with.

I went on to say that the outside appearance of the ground, especially near the turnstiles looks scruffy and doesn't set a good example to those visiting the ground for the first time.

I'm sure that there will be people who think it's nitpicking and they will say that performances on the pitch are more important than the appearance of the ground, but I think you only have to look at the attendances to see that we need new supporters and whilst they are trying on street advertising, if I went to a football ground for the first time and it felt dirty, it would certainly influence my decision to go again.

Don't think you're nit-picking at all, it needs addressing and amazed it hasn't been. The toilets in the Sandy have a smell that's impossible to place, ignoring it is impossible.

Well, you'd think so.

Login to get fewer ads

Meeting with the directors on 12:05 - Sep 17 with 5160 viewsColDale

Meeting with the directors on 11:17 - Sep 17 by Ninco

We noticed after a couple of days that the online form wasn't working after one member informed us he'd sent questions in, so we announced that questions would have to be emailed in. No questions relating to this were asked.

All questions emailed in were asked and will be online as soon as they can be. Wasn't me taking the minutes this time so can't suggest when that will be but shouldn't be too long.
Meeting with the directors on 12:24 - Sep 17 with 5114 viewsNinco

Meeting with the directors on 12:05 - Sep 17 by ColDale

We noticed after a couple of days that the online form wasn't working after one member informed us he'd sent questions in, so we announced that questions would have to be emailed in. No questions relating to this were asked.

All questions emailed in were asked and will be online as soon as they can be. Wasn't me taking the minutes this time so can't suggest when that will be but shouldn't be too long.

I'm sure there will be directors, or at least someone from the club who reads this forum, so even if it wasn't asked, I expect it will be seen and I expect other people will have raised it via the club. It doesn't even need to be a great expense. Just a lick of paint, tub of bleach and it will make a big difference.
Meeting with the directors on 12:27 - Sep 17 with 5107 views442Dale

On the subject of the kids' season tickets it's good to see they're still being taken up despite the poor handling of the offer.

Presumably they issue free* match tickets for kids who turn up for the match after noon now and let the adult with them fill in a free** ST application form to leave in the office to be processed?

* no admin fee.
** £10 admin fee.

Meeting with the directors on 12:34 - Sep 17 with 5089 viewsTVOS1907

Meeting with the directors on 12:27 - Sep 17 by 442Dale

On the subject of the kids' season tickets it's good to see they're still being taken up despite the poor handling of the offer.

Presumably they issue free* match tickets for kids who turn up for the match after noon now and let the adult with them fill in a free** ST application form to leave in the office to be processed?

* no admin fee.
** £10 admin fee.

Presumably this means the free* season tickets have been claimed on other matchday mornings as well or is today the first such occurrence?

It might be elaborated on when the answers to the Trust's questions appear online.

* including £10

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Meeting with the directors on 19:06 - Sep 19 with 4765 viewsColDale

http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2016/09/directors-meeting-feedback/

We should have the numbers for the season tickets in the next few days. RG was happy for us to have that info, so watch this space!
Meeting with the directors on 19:27 - Sep 19 with 4703 viewsTVOS1907

Meeting with the directors on 19:06 - Sep 19 by ColDale

We should have the numbers for the season tickets in the next few days. RG was happy for us to have that info, so watch this space!

That reads like an interview with a politician who is determined he's not going to answer what he's been asked.

Meeting with the directors on 19:31 - Sep 19 with 4680 views442Dale

Thanks for that.

The chairman's statements on GMR say a lot about how the club feel on the season ticket situation. Amongst the request for figures, there was also fans asking for opinions on things like the admin fee, presumably that will come with the figures? If not, at least we heard what the man at the top thought tonight.

The answer around the food prices in the away stand is extremely disappointing. I trust the Trust expressed similar thoughts on behalf of their fellow football fans.

It's great to hear about the new ideas coming from the new Chief Exec.

Meeting with the directors on 19:38 - Sep 19 with 4653 viewsRAFCBLUE

"Prices in each stand are set to balance the value for money to the customer and also to maximise revenue for the football club. To this end prices may not be the same in each area of the ground."

Bizarre answer.

Are we saying here that we:

1) Charge away fans more than home fans?
2) Charging home fans different prices in different sections of the same ground?
3) Both?

If 2), that's got to drive more alienation into a fanbase if the cost of a refreshment is more in the main stand or Pearl Street than the Sandy Lane.

And an easy one to prove for fans in various parts of the same ground!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Meeting with the directors on 19:44 - Sep 19 with 4622 views442Dale

Meeting with the directors on 19:38 - Sep 19 by RAFCBLUE

"Prices in each stand are set to balance the value for money to the customer and also to maximise revenue for the football club. To this end prices may not be the same in each area of the ground."

Bizarre answer.

2) Charging home fans different prices in different sections of the same ground?
3) Both?

If 2), that's got to drive more alienation into a fanbase if the cost of a refreshment is more in the main stand or Pearl Street than the Sandy Lane.

It's also one that they should have tried avoiding to be clever (like when they responded to the Trust a few months ago re. Season tickets), and just said "we'll sort it and ensure all fans pay the same for the same refreshments"

When they were looking into it, who were they looking into it with to clarify the situation and why did it lead to such an answer now?

Meeting with the directors on 19:48 - Sep 19 with 4603 viewsTVOS1907

Meeting with the directors on 19:44 - Sep 19 by 442Dale

It's also one that they should have tried avoiding to be clever (like when they responded to the Trust a few months ago re. Season tickets), and just said "we'll sort it and ensure all fans pay the same for the same refreshments"

When they were looking into it, who were they looking into it with to clarify the situation and why did it lead to such an answer now?

I don't get the answer about the shirts.

It seems simple to me - when new stock arrives, especially when people have been asking about specific items like a new shirt, put a story on the o/s and all the other channels, encouraging fans to either visit the shop in person or look at the online shop.

Or am I missing something?
[Post edited 19 Sep 2016 19:50]

Meeting with the directors on 19:51 - Sep 19 with 4585 views442Dale

Meeting with the directors on 19:48 - Sep 19 by TVOS1907

I don't get the answer about the shirts.

It seems simple to me - when new stock arrives, especially when people have been asking about specific items like a new shirt, put a story on the o/s and all the other channels, encouraging fans to either visit the shop in person or look at the online shop.

Or am I missing something?
[Post edited 19 Sep 2016 19:50]

No. You're not.

It's not hard to say "yes, you're right. We need to improve. Thanks for raising it"

Again, see the chairman tonight.

Meeting with the directors on 20:25 - Sep 19 with 4502 viewspioneer

Meeting with the directors on 19:38 - Sep 19 by RAFCBLUE

Bizarre answer.

3) Both?

Its disgraceful . . . . .the "and to maximise revenue bit" means in English segregation gives us an opportunity to screw away fans.

We wouldn't like it is it happened at other clubs (and it might be happening). I thought it was against football league regulations.

Suppose you went in Tescos and there were separate prices for which football team you supported, or where you came from.

What we have found out is while there might be some business acumen among the club leadership there are no principles other than making money.
Meeting with the directors on 20:30 - Sep 19 with 4476 views442Dale

Which is why it needs confirming that the Trust expressed their opposition to this and what the response was.

Honestly didn't think it's the sort of thing we'd ever go down the route of at Dale.

Meeting with the directors on 21:07 - Sep 19 with 4393 viewsRAFCBLUE

Meeting with the directors on 20:25 - Sep 19 by pioneer

Its disgraceful . . . . .the "and to maximise revenue bit" means in English segregation gives us an opportunity to screw away fans.

We wouldn't like it is it happened at other clubs (and it might be happening). I thought it was against football league regulations.

Suppose you went in Tescos and there were separate prices for which football team you supported, or where you came from.

What we have found out is while there might be some business acumen among the club leadership there are no principles other than making money.

Making money I have no problem with. RAFC is a commercial enterprise - good luck to them.

Making good away followings pay more than home fans for a pie, bovril or packet of crisps whilst they are in effect a captive audience is also good

But I have a worry.

And that worry is that the RAFC pricing either historically or currently means that home fans in different stands pay more than others for the same thing.

The club have had form here with a similar issue, with the beer pricing in the Radcliffe a season or so ago - same ale; different bar in the same establishment meant a different price.

It's not a likely topic of conversation ever between fans after a game about how much someone in another stand paid for a pie, but the answer to that question prompts speculation. And I bet no one has ever twigged that they might even consider doing it - such is the spirit of "Team Rochdale"

I think the fact that people are now viewing the answers to open questions, asked openly for open responses with such scepticism shows you all you need to know about the relationships in "Team Rochdale" right now.

You can spin a message all you like but you can't spin how people feel about something.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Meeting with the directors on 21:23 - Sep 19 with 4357 views442Dale

<<"Making good away followings pay more than home fans for a pie, bovril or packet of crisps whilst they are in effect a captive audience is also good">>

While there are a lot of good points in your post, I can't agree with that. It's not good that any club sees fit to charge supporters different amounts for the same product. We are all the same. We'd go mad if it happened to us.

Meeting with the directors on 21:35 - Sep 19 with 4319 viewsnordenblue

Meeting with the directors on 21:23 - Sep 19 by 442Dale

<<"Making good away followings pay more than home fans for a pie, bovril or packet of crisps whilst they are in effect a captive audience is also good">>

While there are a lot of good points in your post, I can't agree with that. It's not good that any club sees fit to charge supporters different amounts for the same product. We are all the same. We'd go mad if it happened to us.

Totally agree 442,whilst on the subject of pricing I walked into the Radcliffe from the Sandy at weekend and had the pleasure of buying a pint of Guinness and a bottle of Peroni for the tidy sum of £8.10,we actually commented asking have we suddenly moved to London?
Meeting with the directors on 21:42 - Sep 19 with 4299 viewsRAFCBLUE

Meeting with the directors on 21:23 - Sep 19 by 442Dale

I can see your perspective. I've been on the receiving end of it as an away fan.

I don't agree with it but I can see the commercialisation of a captive audience can be good for the revenue maximisation principle in the earlier words of our director(s).

It's been going on for years though. I remember in the 1990/91 season when we played Burnley there were people outside the away end with tins of paint changing the prices for that last game; a bumper crowd gives bumper captive audiences. Our trip to Wembley was an example.

But it's interesting that no one has answered my question yet

Do RAFC charge the same prices for refreshments in the Sandy Lane, Main Stand and Pearl Street?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024