Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matej Delac and Dale playing equivalents 18:52 - Nov 9 with 4795 viewsRAFCBLUE

Not a household name, but Chelsea's longest serving player admits he could leave club after seven years without a single game.

The 25-year-old signed for the Stamford Bridge club in 2010 from Croatian side Inter Zapresic, but work permit issues have meant he could not make his Chelsea debut.

Having undertaken 10 loan spells since signing, Soccerbase has him playing 28 competitive fixtures for only 3 sides.

His wages apparently have been £1m per year - so £7m for not much activity! Nice work if you can get it.

It got me thinking - who are your Dale equivalents?

The three in my mind are Warren Goodhind, Graham Lancashire (always injured!) and Darren Ryan but all of them did more than Matej Delac.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2017 18:53]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Matej Delac and Dale playing equivalents on 21:24 - Nov 11 with 1401 viewsnordenblue

Matej Delac and Dale playing equivalents on 14:35 - Nov 11 by TVOS1907

Tuesday 3rd March 1970.

"It was hands" says the headline in the Observer.

Referee was D Pugh (Chester), who I believe was a regular Football League official of the time.

Was he reffing at the correct level then making error like that??!!
Matej Delac and Dale playing equivalents on 05:26 - Nov 12 with 1311 viewsdavidab2202

Can I throw the name Marc Tweddle(?) as one of the better signings made by Dale.From memory was he not a player who was supposedly the main tsrget signing of that pre season and was rarely if ever seen before returning to Scotland
Matej Delac and Dale playing equivalents on 08:13 - Nov 12 with 1287 viewsnordenblue

Matej Delac and Dale playing equivalents on 05:26 - Nov 12 by davidab2202

Can I throw the name Marc Tweddle(?) as one of the better signings made by Dale.From memory was he not a player who was supposedly the main tsrget signing of that pre season and was rarely if ever seen before returning to Scotland

Twaddle......
Matej Delac and Dale playing equivalents on 12:30 - Nov 12 with 1227 viewsfitzochris

Matej Delac and Dale playing equivalents on 05:26 - Nov 12 by davidab2202

Twaddle was signed as a centre back - something he had never been and never will be.

Last seen three years ago back on the wing for Scottish non-league side Irvine Meadow.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Matej Delac and Dale playing equivalents on 12:58 - Nov 12 with 1212 viewsscarrow

Simon Davies was another heralded signing who failed to deliver

Poll: Final position

Matej Delac and Dale playing equivalents on 20:58 - Nov 12 with 1150 viewssoulboy

Matej Delac and Dale playing equivalents on 14:25 - Nov 11 by D_Alien

Cheers TVOS

I was at that 1-0 defeat at Barnsley - if it's the same one where Clarke played. It was a midweek evening kickoff and I bunked off school at lunchtime to catch the coach, using my dinner money as the fare! It was a foggy night and visibility being poor, the ref didn't see their goal being blatantly punched into the net, at the end were we were stood

Needless to say, I was in trouble the next day

I was there also and it was foggy but the ref should have seen the punch, think the 'scorer' was someone called Murphy. I remember Paul Clark playing a few games for us, none of which were anything above average.
Matej Delac and Dale playing equivalents on 21:44 - Nov 12 with 1125 viewsD_Alien

Matej Delac and Dale playing equivalents on 20:58 - Nov 12 by soulboy

I was there also and it was foggy but the ref should have seen the punch, think the 'scorer' was someone called Murphy. I remember Paul Clark playing a few games for us, none of which were anything above average.

Aye, you're probably right. It was the only excuse we could think of at the time for him missing the punch

The scorer was a big lump of a centre forward, as far as I can remember. Don't remember Clarke, but it's possible if our regular centrebacks were playing he wouldn't have been first to the ball

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Matej Delac and Dale playing equivalents on 22:00 - Nov 12 with 1118 viewsTVOS1907

Matej Delac and Dale playing equivalents on 20:58 - Nov 12 by soulboy

Goalscorer was Johnny Evans (not the one playing for Northern Ireland tonight).

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Matej Delac and Dale playing equivalents on 07:52 - Nov 13 with 1069 viewsEllDale

Thanks for clarifying the Eric Probert situation. I had it in my mind that he had signed because I could swear that I once saw him on a team photo around the same time that the likes of Denis Wann and Alan Weir signed for Dale. Bit like Sean McConville I suppose!
It would have made sense because Doug Collins signed a few with Burnley connections, players like Eddie Cliff and Colin Waldron.
The latter was one of the first footballing centre halves that I ever saw by the way. He tried to slide balls through midfield rather than playing hoofball which was the prevalent method at the time.
For some reason I was watching games from the Willbutts around this time and the fans in there weren't overly appreciative!
Matej Delac and Dale playing equivalents on 11:02 - Nov 13 with 1025 viewssoulboy

Matej Delac and Dale playing equivalents on 22:00 - Nov 12 by TVOS1907

Goalscorer was Johnny Evans (not the one playing for Northern Ireland tonight).

I'll have to take your word on that as I rarely watch international football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024