Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch not good 06:12 - Feb 19 with 10073 viewsDalenet

According to Spurs first goal scorer Lucas Moura in an interview on their website

We cant win can we. I guess it explains why they didn't!!!!
Pitch not good on 10:34 - Feb 23 with 1495 viewsSuddenLad

Pitch not good on 10:30 - Feb 23 by StudiousDale

Done a bit research regarding undersoil heating, and a couple of figures I found for installation are £700k quoted by the Peterboro chairman and £500k quoted by the old reliable Daily Mail.

Say the true cost is £1m, do we not feel this would be worth it given our history with postponements?

From a financial point of view it may not quite cover itself over a 10 year period, but the benefits to the team of knowing they have a greater control over whether the home games are on and the subsequent lack of a need to fit rearranged games in and have the Sat-Tues-Sat scenarios we are now seeing.

Does anyone know if the club have done a cost-analysis of this in the past?

If the club are having to dig right down this Summer and relay the pitch, now should be the time this is being considered.

Considering that we have a Chairman who instals heating systems, you'd think he would know who might be able to best do the job.

That said, I don't think the cost justifies the work being done.............

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Pitch not good on 19:07 - Feb 23 with 1386 viewsNordenBoysLoveGravy

Pitch not good on 10:30 - Feb 23 by StudiousDale

Done a bit research regarding undersoil heating, and a couple of figures I found for installation are £700k quoted by the Peterboro chairman and £500k quoted by the old reliable Daily Mail.

Say the true cost is £1m, do we not feel this would be worth it given our history with postponements?

From a financial point of view it may not quite cover itself over a 10 year period, but the benefits to the team of knowing they have a greater control over whether the home games are on and the subsequent lack of a need to fit rearranged games in and have the Sat-Tues-Sat scenarios we are now seeing.

Does anyone know if the club have done a cost-analysis of this in the past?

If the club are having to dig right down this Summer and relay the pitch, now should be the time this is being considered.

Nowhere near either of those costs to install a heating system, and given they aren’t ‘digging right down’ this summer, any pipe work if they did decide to install such a system (and they won’t) would need to be ‘ploughed in’ which isn’t a difficult process. A system with a stand alone gas fired boiler would cost between £700 to £1000 a day to run after installation and given I’d suspect the Rochdale climate would demand 60-90 days use a year then its easy to see why it isn’t, and won’t be, under consideration.
Pitch not good on 19:23 - Feb 23 with 1338 viewsColDale

Darlo had under soil heating at the Reynolds Arena but I think never used it due to the costs of running it
Pitch not good on 19:48 - Feb 23 with 1308 viewsNordenBoysLoveGravy

Pitch not good on 19:23 - Feb 23 by ColDale

Darlo had under soil heating at the Reynolds Arena but I think never used it due to the costs of running it

Pipework under the pitch was installed, the boiler and associated controllers were never put in.
Pitch not good on 20:59 - Feb 23 with 1240 views49thseason

Pitch not good on 19:48 - Feb 23 by NordenBoysLoveGravy

Pipework under the pitch was installed, the boiler and associated controllers were never put in.

I wonder if anyone has thought of fitting a geothermal system? Basically, they would need to drill a series of boreholes (maybe 4-6) around 200 feet deep and install pipes that are warmed by the Earth's natural heat (a constant 55 degrees at around 6 feet down) and then recirculate this under the pitch, once installed there would be no need for a boiler and therefore no ongoing costs.A solar panel set-up would probably provide the power for much of the pumping but might need a big battery like the Tesla wall connector for long periods of use given the time of year it would be most needed although days like the last two or three would be ideal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024