Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of season do - £65!! 17:59 - Mar 19 with 45303 viewsChaffRAFC

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/march/event-gala-dinner--awards-night/

Utterly ludicrous in my book. Bollocks to a meal and all that stuff.

Very good chance this will be the end of season do after a relegation from League One!

Genuinely hope nobody goes in the hope that the club finally take a step back and look at the decisions they make!

And they wonder why I think "Team Rochdale" is dead.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

End of season do - £65!! on 18:00 - Mar 19 with 13097 viewsrochdaleriddler

And it's 49 years not 50!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

End of season do - £65!! on 18:01 - Mar 19 with 13092 viewsfunkkk

Someone's got to pay Jeff's appearance fee.
End of season do - £65!! on 18:12 - Mar 19 with 13023 viewsBartRowou

I'd be shocked if Bury pulled a stunt like this.
Laughable.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

End of season do - £65!! on 18:15 - Mar 19 with 12978 viewsjudd

No kids allowed.

I sincerely hope this is the fook up of all fook ups.

The end of season awards night has been a huge success for years in an affordable and good natured manner. Why change?

Who is behind this nonsense?

Poll: What is it to be then?

End of season do - £65!! on 18:16 - Mar 19 with 12983 viewsChaffRAFC

The more I think about it the more annoyed I'm getting.

The end of season do has always been a great night where fans can go up and meet the players and get autographs and have pictures taken with players and chant players names when they go up for the awards.

"Team Rochdale" has passed away folks. £65 for champagne and prawn f*****g sandwiches for an event that has been and should be free to all the fans.

A massive V sign to the working class Dale supporter.

50 years since the first promotion? Somebody needs go re-check the calendar as well!

End of season do - £65!! on 18:20 - Mar 19 with 12930 views442Dale

If they want a dinner, fine, have one. Just don't impact on what is a Rochdale tradition with OUR awards night. It's an evening where the fan in the stands gets the chance to recognise and show their appreciation to players within an environment where everyone is together. Kids can get autographs and fans(if that's their inclination) can get photos with players who can themselves wander about having a drink and show their appreciation for the support they receive. If you can justify paying £65, you can attend an awards night, but your kids won't be going.

This is the final nail in that Team Rochdale coffin, and that they're attaching a promotion that happened 49 years ago to it pretty much sums up how out of touch some people are.

Can the Trust confirm whether they were consulted on this and what their stance is? Please can their reply appear on their website. If necessary I'll ask again at the Trust desk tomorrow, but here should be enough.

Really, it's quite, quite spectacular.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

End of season do - £65!! on 18:28 - Mar 19 with 12866 viewsjudd

Let's get it boycotted

End of season do - £65!! on 18:30 - Mar 19 with 12848 views442Dale

End of season do - £65!! on 18:28 - Mar 19 by judd

Let's get it boycotted

It's safe to say that many won't go on principle. Something some at the club should have learnt after the "price freeze/free* kids season tickets".

Actually, have we read this wrong? Maybe it's only three quid with a £62 admin fee.

Login to get fewer ads

End of season do - £65!! on 18:32 - Mar 19 with 12831 viewsjudd

End of season do - £65!! on 18:30 - Mar 19 by 442Dale

It's safe to say that many won't go on principle. Something some at the club should have learnt after the "price freeze/free* kids season tickets".

Actually, have we read this wrong? Maybe it's only three quid with a £62 admin fee.

It's been a bad enough day after the news about Ant out of Ant and Dec.

End of season do - £65!! on 18:36 - Mar 19 with 12801 viewsdingdangblue

End of season do - £65!! on 18:12 - Mar 19 by BartRowou

I'd be shocked if Bury pulled a stunt like this.
Laughable.

They did/do!!!

And we quite rightly slagged them off!!

Utterly ridiculous decision. Really hope it's cancelled due to lack of interest.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

End of season do - £65!! on 18:48 - Mar 19 with 12708 viewsE_Bearshaw

There are members of staff/directors at the club who are most likely still a little embarrassed about openly arguing in front of Dale fans after a few too many drinks at last seasons event. Least now they can do it in an empty room.
End of season do - £65!! on 18:49 - Mar 19 with 12690 viewsDorislove

End of season do - £65!! on 18:28 - Mar 19 by judd

Let's get it boycotted

i think somebody has eaten the corporate bible from Old Trafford ,they need to Sh-t it out pretty quick.
End of season do - £65!! on 18:52 - Mar 19 with 12642 views442Dale

Why didn't we have a Swimming Gala dinner for Molyneux 2003 and Selhurst Park 1990?

End of season do - £65!! on 18:54 - Mar 19 with 12620 viewsjudd

End of season do - £65!! on 18:49 - Mar 19 by Dorislove

i think somebody has eaten the corporate bible from Old Trafford ,they need to Sh-t it out pretty quick.

I'd like to see any corporate bible that celebrates the 49th anniversary of a.promotion at the end of a season when we may have been relegated and celebrating Wembley as if we somehow qualified for a cup final.

End of season do - £65!! on 18:55 - Mar 19 with 12614 viewsjudd

End of season do - £65!! on 18:52 - Mar 19 by 442Dale

Why didn't we have a Swimming Gala dinner for Molyneux 2003 and Selhurst Park 1990?

We will 49 years after the event.

End of season do - £65!! on 18:59 - Mar 19 with 12599 viewsColDale

End of season do - £65!! on 18:20 - Mar 19 by 442Dale

If they want a dinner, fine, have one. Just don't impact on what is a Rochdale tradition with OUR awards night. It's an evening where the fan in the stands gets the chance to recognise and show their appreciation to players within an environment where everyone is together. Kids can get autographs and fans(if that's their inclination) can get photos with players who can themselves wander about having a drink and show their appreciation for the support they receive. If you can justify paying £65, you can attend an awards night, but your kids won't be going.

This is the final nail in that Team Rochdale coffin, and that they're attaching a promotion that happened 49 years ago to it pretty much sums up how out of touch some people are.

Can the Trust confirm whether they were consulted on this and what their stance is? Please can their reply appear on their website. If necessary I'll ask again at the Trust desk tomorrow, but here should be enough.

Really, it's quite, quite spectacular.

It was mentioned at a meeting earlier this year, and it was brought up by myself at the last meeting with the director. it hadn't been confirmed at that point, and as such was subject to an embargo that we respected. However, I'd like to think that I made my feelings very clear on the night regarding this event referencing price, the 50 years thing, celebrating promotion at a time when we could be relegated, what the traditional evening means to supporters and the damage that will be done to Team Rochdale.In fairness to the club, they did mention about putting on a Kids Day which they said would address the concerns about the young Dale supporters missing out, though at the moment there's no announcement regarding this. I told them I personally would be priced out, and I don't think I've missed one since before Joe Hinnigan walked in unaware of the goings on.
End of season do - £65!! on 19:00 - Mar 19 with 12589 viewsChaffRAFC

As big an achievement as our FA Cup run was, Wembley is simply a home ground for our opponents. We did brilliantly to take Spurs to a replay and earn a trip to Wembley but Jesus wept, it was simply an away fixture. Would we have been celebrating the DW Stadium 2018 had we took Wigan to a replay instead?

End of season do - £65!! on 19:03 - Mar 19 with 12568 viewsblackdogblue

2 words, fukcing disgrace....

No respect for the young fans, if they want a signed shirt, buy one off e bay like they tried recently to get rid of excess stock!!!!

I sincerely hope we get relagated now... might bring a change to Russ Green & his cronies who have no respect for us

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

End of season do - £65!! on 19:05 - Mar 19 with 12538 views442Dale

End of season do - £65!! on 18:59 - Mar 19 by ColDale

It was mentioned at a meeting earlier this year, and it was brought up by myself at the last meeting with the director. it hadn't been confirmed at that point, and as such was subject to an embargo that we respected. However, I'd like to think that I made my feelings very clear on the night regarding this event referencing price, the 50 years thing, celebrating promotion at a time when we could be relegated, what the traditional evening means to supporters and the damage that will be done to Team Rochdale.In fairness to the club, they did mention about putting on a Kids Day which they said would address the concerns about the young Dale supporters missing out, though at the moment there's no announcement regarding this. I told them I personally would be priced out, and I don't think I've missed one since before Joe Hinnigan walked in unaware of the goings on.

Thanks for the response. We look forward to the Trust's official stance via their website now those concerns you rightly raised appear not to have been listened to and the subsequent comments and similar concerns raised by Trust members and supporters.

End of season do - £65!! on 19:06 - Mar 19 with 12517 views442Dale

End of season do - £65!! on 18:54 - Mar 19 by judd

I'd like to see any corporate bible that celebrates the 49th anniversary of a.promotion at the end of a season when we may have been relegated and celebrating Wembley as if we somehow qualified for a cup final.

While also celebrating the 110th anniversary of a club formed in 1907. Cant have it both ways...

End of season do - £65!! on 19:07 - Mar 19 with 12526 viewsDorislove

End of season do - £65!! on 19:00 - Mar 19 by ChaffRAFC

As big an achievement as our FA Cup run was, Wembley is simply a home ground for our opponents. We did brilliantly to take Spurs to a replay and earn a trip to Wembley but Jesus wept, it was simply an away fixture. Would we have been celebrating the DW Stadium 2018 had we took Wigan to a replay instead?

Some people at the club must think we are thick or gullible,maybe some are .Even if it was a fiver its not the same as the young fans and older fans interacting with the players and staff.Its just plain wrong.
End of season do - £65!! on 19:08 - Mar 19 with 12512 viewsmacro

Disgraceful by the club
End of season do - £65!! on 19:13 - Mar 19 with 12465 viewsChaffRAFC

Just looked down the list of awards, there doesn't seem to be anything mentioned about our award winning programme, The Voice Of Spotland.

Surely the club would have thought to make a gesture for Mark and his award winning programme that he doesn't get paid for doing?

#TeamRochdaleIsDead

End of season do - £65!! on 19:14 - Mar 19 with 12426 views442Dale

End of season do - £65!! on 19:13 - Mar 19 by ChaffRAFC

Just looked down the list of awards, there doesn't seem to be anything mentioned about our award winning programme, The Voice Of Spotland.

Surely the club would have thought to make a gesture for Mark and his award winning programme that he doesn't get paid for doing?

#TeamRochdaleIsDead

Would he have to pay £65 to turn up and pick it up like EVERYONE else who goes?

End of season do - £65!! on 19:17 - Mar 19 with 12408 viewsDorislove

End of season do - £65!! on 19:13 - Mar 19 by ChaffRAFC

#TeamRochdaleIsDead

Its been replaced with"How much can we fleece the faithful this month for "Award ,i dont include myself in the faithful part by the way .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024