Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Focken Hoof Ball + Questions 21:58 - Mar 20 with 7590 viewsJimmyRustler

What has happened to this team? Why are we just playing hopeful long balls hoping something sticks to Humphrey's 56 inch chest?

Who gave Henderson MOTM? Weren't the sponsors Vision Direct?

How has Camps turned into our worst player in ths space of half a season?

Why hasn't Dobre been played more? Seriously, he did more than anyone else AGAIN and was only on the pitch for 15 mins or so

Why can't Wiseman stop running once he's started? Is he on speed?

Why has Delaney turned into a footballer with the reaction time of a three toed sloth?

Where can I sign up to the In-man Con-Man pyramid scheme?

Who the furk told Hendo to run around in circles around the penalty area like a bluebottle with clipped wings?

Why £65?

Why are the hotdog fingers always harder than my morning glory?

Where have the sauce dispensers gone?

What's the best and cheapest hotel in Grimsby?

Focken Hoof Ball + Questions on 17:00 - Mar 21 with 1828 viewsnordenblue

Focken Hoof Ball + Questions on 16:06 - Mar 21 by DaleiLama

I disagree up to a point. Recruiting the right people is more important than spending a lot of money on the wrong ones. We (allegedly) paid £100k (fee not wages) for JW. Players we have paid less for or got on frees have been better.

I think what this campaign has taught us is that whilst KH hasn't hit on everyone he has recruited historically, his success rate has been outstanding. We have to hope going forward that he gets back to this. If we carry on playing like we did last night, there ought to be quite a few new faces around next season, regardless of which league we end up in.

Absolutely spot on, but I'd say the majority of this season's problems are firmly down to the manager,with over complicated formations whilst playing many players out of position, smothered with a nauseous amount of arrogance in an unwillingness to correct some blatant problems.

Regardless of our current position I still don't view this squad as terribly poor, I just think on many occasions they've been very poorly led as a result confusion, his decision making at critical times during a match has left a lot to be desired,when we've had a chance to really grab the game..
Focken Hoof Ball + Questions on 17:06 - Mar 21 with 1791 viewsMoonyDale

Focken Hoof Ball + Questions on 17:00 - Mar 21 by nordenblue

Absolutely spot on, but I'd say the majority of this season's problems are firmly down to the manager,with over complicated formations whilst playing many players out of position, smothered with a nauseous amount of arrogance in an unwillingness to correct some blatant problems.

Regardless of our current position I still don't view this squad as terribly poor, I just think on many occasions they've been very poorly led as a result confusion, his decision making at critical times during a match has left a lot to be desired,when we've had a chance to really grab the game..

NB now you know as well as I do that it's the fault of everyone else putting negative pressure onto the players, it's coming from every angle apparently...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Focken Hoof Ball + Questions on 17:13 - Mar 21 with 1774 viewsDaleiLama

I think where we're at (23rd) can certainly be attributed to a lot of that, but for a virtually unchanged side vs Fleetwood, the first half on Saturday versus the first half last night were chalk and cheese. I know the opponent plays their game too and Fleetwood did press more, where Wimbledon let us play more, but did Spurs press us in the first half at Wembley? We still scored and hit the post that night. I can't explain it, but I do wonder if a sports psychologist might be an investment worth considering at this stage. A lot of those kids out there looked utterly lost last night and devoid of ideas. Chipping it up in the air vaguely forward somewhere isn't going to win us lots of fans or games. I agree we aren't poor (ironically against better sides in the cup. I also agree with Keith last night. We were (piss) poor then.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Focken Hoof Ball + Questions on 18:16 - Mar 21 with 1719 viewssweetcorn

Hill is partly to blame, but the team have to take responsibility, you cant argue he played anyone out of position last night (maybe done, but he’s played there for a lot of games, for us and sheffield united) and the performance was still woeful..

This team is mediocre at best and was carried by lund, allen and NML, without them players havent looked even a quarter as good as previous seasons.

Regardless of league next year, we need a overhaul, too much deadwood in the side.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Focken Hoof Ball + Questions on 20:55 - Mar 21 with 1622 viewsShun

I'm with you on this one, nb. This is not a poor squad, certainly not the second worst in the league. Equally last season, when we spent the vast majority of the season around the playoffs, it probably wasn't a playoff standard squad either. Those huge variations are down to the manager more than the players - things like tactics, formation, motivation etc.

As much of a terrible league campaign as this has been the one thing you can't say is that the players aren't trying. Of the first XI last night only Done, Delaney, Knott and Humphrys weren't here last season, and only three of them are regulars. This is largely a similar squad to our previous ones that proved so successful. Yes, we lost Lund, Allen and NML in the summer and although they're all stars at this level they were all three, for one reason or another, far from ever-presents.

This squad is so far removed from the previous relegation squad where you struggled to find any quality beyond, at a push, Adams and Jones. This is not the 23rd best squad in the league but we are where are on merit. That's down to Hill.
Focken Hoof Ball + Questions on 21:04 - Mar 21 with 1601 viewsfitzochris

Focken Hoof Ball + Questions on 20:55 - Mar 21 by Shun

I'm with you on this one, nb. This is not a poor squad, certainly not the second worst in the league. Equally last season, when we spent the vast majority of the season around the playoffs, it probably wasn't a playoff standard squad either. Those huge variations are down to the manager more than the players - things like tactics, formation, motivation etc.

As much of a terrible league campaign as this has been the one thing you can't say is that the players aren't trying. Of the first XI last night only Done, Delaney, Knott and Humphrys weren't here last season, and only three of them are regulars. This is largely a similar squad to our previous ones that proved so successful. Yes, we lost Lund, Allen and NML in the summer and although they're all stars at this level they were all three, for one reason or another, far from ever-presents.

This squad is so far removed from the previous relegation squad where you struggled to find any quality beyond, at a push, Adams and Jones. This is not the 23rd best squad in the league but we are where are on merit. That's down to Hill.

Hill’s had a complete mare this season. He knows it, too, but won’t admit it, hence his outlandish behaviour and comments at times.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Focken Hoof Ball + Questions on 21:11 - Mar 21 with 1581 viewsjudd

Focken Hoof Ball + Questions on 21:04 - Mar 21 by fitzochris

Hill’s had a complete mare this season. He knows it, too, but won’t admit it, hence his outlandish behaviour and comments at times.

We should move our home games to Wembley and have Jeff Stelling doing the announcements

Poll: What is it to be then?

Focken Hoof Ball + Questions on 21:19 - Mar 21 with 1557 views442Dale

Focken Hoof Ball + Questions on 21:04 - Mar 21 by fitzochris

Sometimes, admitting mistakes and saying “yeah, I/we could do better” makes bad situations that little bit easier to deal with. Especially when there’s a loyal supporter base who are fully behind their football club and more than willing to do all they can to move focus on improving.

It would almost always have a positive effect.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Focken Hoof Ball + Questions on 23:54 - Mar 21 with 1417 viewsrochdale_ranger

Focken Hoof Ball + Questions on 21:19 - Mar 21 by 442Dale

Sometimes, admitting mistakes and saying “yeah, I/we could do better” makes bad situations that little bit easier to deal with. Especially when there’s a loyal supporter base who are fully behind their football club and more than willing to do all they can to move focus on improving.

It would almost always have a positive effect.

His interview yesterday night was fair to be honest. He said it was a bad performance and we need to bounce. Was better then “I’m not worried or embarrassed about relegation as I know how much revenue I bring to the club” I think at the moment as fans we just want to know that someone at the club gives a fook.
Focken Hoof Ball + Questions on 07:57 - Mar 22 with 1330 viewsEllDale

What worries me about the prospect of relegation is that people are presuming that we should automatically keep most of the current squad.
I suspect that toung players like McGahey, Cannon and Camps for example might all disappear for free or for knockdown prices if agents exercise pressure a la Jamie Allen.
The likes of Rafferty and Done might be able to earn more elsewhere and we a re a selling club remember.
Losing is a habit and far too many teams slide right through eg Chesterfield.
If you're in L2 you're only one relegation from the Conference with all that that entails.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024