Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wembley Sale 18:47 - Apr 26 with 5132 viewsBlueDales

https://www.google.com.kw/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/26/fa-sell

Your thoughts on this? Selling the heart of English football, or opening up a brighter future?
Wembley Sale on 18:56 - Apr 26 with 5114 viewsKenBoon

It should have been sold off in the first place, rather than have millions of public money and FA debt spent on rebuilding it. At least they're not giving it away for free.
Wembley Sale on 19:19 - Apr 26 with 5078 viewselectricblue

Money talks with the FA and i can see it happening.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Wembley Sale on 21:18 - Apr 26 with 4980 viewsrochdaleriddler

Wembley Sale on 18:56 - Apr 26 by KenBoon

It should have been sold off in the first place, rather than have millions of public money and FA debt spent on rebuilding it. At least they're not giving it away for free.

It will be debt free in 6 years apparently

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Wembley Sale on 22:07 - Apr 26 with 4938 viewsFalingeParka

Wembley Sale on 18:56 - Apr 26 by KenBoon

Spoken like a shopkeeper. The corruption around the rebuild and its cost is galling yes, but no reason not to realise that the stadium is an asset for the nation nonetheless. All public infrastructure involves corruption and overspend. To sell up now to any private concern is only to compound mistakes and play the fool.

ColonelHall

Wembley Sale on 06:33 - Apr 27 with 4781 viewsfunkkk

Typical pathetic reaction in the gutter press this morning. Who cares, really?
Wembley Sale on 11:27 - Apr 27 with 4633 viewsdingdangblue

Wembley Sale on 06:33 - Apr 27 by funkkk

Typical pathetic reaction in the gutter press this morning. Who cares, really?

Aye as pointed out on the radio this morning - the FA never owned the Old Wembley. It's only since this new one has been built and we somehow managed before that. I'd snap his hand off at £800 million - football league play offs could be moved around the country to different venues and England could also play wherever suitable for the opposition. I doubt they'll get an offer like this again.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Wembley Sale on 11:35 - Apr 27 with 4621 viewsrochdale_ranger

Wembley Sale on 11:27 - Apr 27 by dingdangblue

Aye as pointed out on the radio this morning - the FA never owned the Old Wembley. It's only since this new one has been built and we somehow managed before that. I'd snap his hand off at £800 million - football league play offs could be moved around the country to different venues and England could also play wherever suitable for the opposition. I doubt they'll get an offer like this again.

I agree. England matches shared around the country and a more sensible venue for lower league play off finals. Can you imagine how much better it would of been playing county at the Etihad rather than Wembley.
Wembley Sale on 12:56 - Apr 27 with 4548 viewsColDale

Wembley Sale on 11:35 - Apr 27 by rochdale_ranger

I agree. England matches shared around the country and a more sensible venue for lower league play off finals. Can you imagine how much better it would of been playing county at the Etihad rather than Wembley.

I'm guessing, but I'd assume such a sale would include contracts to play all existing games at Wembley following the sale for so many years.
Login to get fewer ads

Wembley Sale on 13:10 - Apr 27 with 4514 viewsjudd

Wembley Sale on 12:56 - Apr 27 by ColDale

I'm guessing, but I'd assume such a sale would include contracts to play all existing games at Wembley following the sale for so many years.

Not all. American Football will take precedence in the event of a clash of dates.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Wembley Sale on 15:44 - Apr 27 with 4421 viewsrochdaleriddler

Wembley Sale on 11:27 - Apr 27 by dingdangblue

The area is undergoing massive investment and the value will go up. The offer is only £600 million up front, the FA will have to pay back money to GLA sport England and others , also the £140 million it still owes for the build costs. After 6 years it will lose all club Wembley income. England will only play there in the NFL off season. If they did take the cash and as Ken Bates says 'piss it up the wall ' as is the FA style, what then? The place will be paid for in 2024

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Wembley Sale on 22:15 - Apr 27 with 4257 viewsDiddyDave

Didn`t Rediffusion own Wembley Stadium back in the 60s?
Wembley Sale on 05:58 - May 2 with 4044 viewsDiddyDave

Wembley Sale on 22:15 - Apr 27 by DiddyDave

Didn`t Rediffusion own Wembley Stadium back in the 60s?

I only mentioned that because I used to work for them,bottom end of George Street. Selling off more traditional British assets is typical Tory philosophy. Why didn`t they sell it before the massive upgrade? All the hundreds of millions that was splashed out on the refurbishment will be sold off to some rich Yank (yep,another one) with profits sooner or later heading off across the Atlantic. No doubt other British icons will go eventually if they haven`t already,though I see there`s a place in Westminster the Yanks can have along with the 660 muppets inside.
Wembley Sale on 06:20 - May 2 with 4029 viewsdingdangblue

Wembley Sale on 05:58 - May 2 by DiddyDave

I only mentioned that because I used to work for them,bottom end of George Street. Selling off more traditional British assets is typical Tory philosophy. Why didn`t they sell it before the massive upgrade? All the hundreds of millions that was splashed out on the refurbishment will be sold off to some rich Yank (yep,another one) with profits sooner or later heading off across the Atlantic. No doubt other British icons will go eventually if they haven`t already,though I see there`s a place in Westminster the Yanks can have along with the 660 muppets inside.

The FA didn't own it before the massive upgrade - they only bought the site in 2000 off the Wembley company. They were tenants up till then.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Wembley Sale on 16:56 - May 2 with 3912 viewselectricblue

The FA wont make a penny from the deal will they !
If they have to pay off all the money owed in the rebuild then the FA will be brasic..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Wembley Sale on 18:05 - May 2 with 3881 viewsdingdangblue

Wembley Sale on 16:56 - May 2 by electricblue

The FA wont make a penny from the deal will they !
If they have to pay off all the money owed in the rebuild then the FA will be brasic..

I'm pretty sure it was quoted that the debt is now only £150 million - so with the sale they will make £650 million - unless I heard it wrong on the radio.

Wembley Sale on 20:39 - May 2 with 3833 viewsJumeirahDale

Wembley Sale on 15:44 - Apr 27 by rochdaleriddler

The area is undergoing massive investment and the value will go up. The offer is only £600 million up front, the FA will have to pay back money to GLA sport England and others , also the £140 million it still owes for the build costs. After 6 years it will lose all club Wembley income. England will only play there in the NFL off season. If they did take the cash and as Ken Bates says 'piss it up the wall ' as is the FA style, what then? The place will be paid for in 2024

Even if the NFL moves the Jaguars to London (which is still at least a few years off), there would only be 8 games a year (with a couple of them falling on Thursday or Monday nights and the rest on a Sunday) plus the potential for a couple of playoff games maximum. And all through the winter months. By the time the FL playoffs come around, the NFL season is long gone. Same with World Cup or Euros should that ever be a possibility for us in the future. Shouldn't really impact scheduling that much if at all.
Wembley Sale on 23:15 - May 2 with 3788 viewspioneer

Wembley Sale on 20:39 - May 2 by JumeirahDale

Even if the NFL moves the Jaguars to London (which is still at least a few years off), there would only be 8 games a year (with a couple of them falling on Thursday or Monday nights and the rest on a Sunday) plus the potential for a couple of playoff games maximum. And all through the winter months. By the time the FL playoffs come around, the NFL season is long gone. Same with World Cup or Euros should that ever be a possibility for us in the future. Shouldn't really impact scheduling that much if at all.

They won’t schedule Monday or Thursday night games because they would be no good for US tv

Which is why the champions league final is now on a weekend... TV rights worldwide
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024