Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warm Weather Training 11:25 - Jun 26 with 3716 viewsdeeplishblue

Presumably this will be on Lenny Barn or Springfield park this year?

Not heard anything about the squad going to Tenerife this year and if we are playing Stalybridge a week on Friday there is not much of a window available to get to the Canaries and back?

Personally I am not sure as to the benefits of a hard week grafting in boiling weather. We always seem to have a poor start to the season and I wonder if it because the players are knackered from their toils in the sun.

That said it does seem that we have a good finish most seasons and there is an argument that this could be down to the core fitness levels built up in the summer training camp.

I am 50/50 about this - what do others think?

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Warm Weather Training on 11:40 - Jun 26 with 3685 viewsEllDale

It's not forced to be the first team going to Stalybridge.

The key to it all is that you get the players together for a concentrated period, training twice a day. The question seem to be, were they flogged too much in the past?

I'm sure that Hilly has evaluated all this.

The new players (and the youth team members who go) get to gel as well.

I'd rather that they were abroad (with guaranteed sun on their backs) as opposed to falling into rabbit holes on Lenny Barn.
Warm Weather Training on 11:55 - Jun 26 with 3646 viewsStreety1996

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/june/andrew_pre-season-interview_june-20
They will be going Tenerife again, going out in a few weeks.

Poll: Lillis or Logan?

Warm Weather Training on 11:59 - Jun 26 with 3629 viewsD_Alien

I'm not 50/50, i'm 100% convinced that the Tenerife trip was proving to be less than an optimum way of preparing for the season

A similar training regime and bonding process can happen at any decent facility

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Warm Weather Training on 12:22 - Jun 26 with 3564 viewsdeeplishblue

Warm Weather Training on 11:55 - Jun 26 by Streety1996

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/june/andrew_pre-season-interview_june-20
They will be going Tenerife again, going out in a few weeks.

Just checked there are 11 days in between the Stalybridge and Stockport games - must be going then.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Warm Weather Training on 12:23 - Jun 26 with 3553 viewsdingdangblue

Warm Weather Training on 11:59 - Jun 26 by D_Alien

I'm not 50/50, i'm 100% convinced that the Tenerife trip was proving to be less than an optimum way of preparing for the season

A similar training regime and bonding process can happen at any decent facility

More than anything it's about spending time together - team bonding - without any distractions from family. It's what Keith wants to do so I'd trust him 100% - getting away somewhere abroad is much more exciting than going somewhere in the British Isles. And they are guaranteed great weather - yes it has been wonderful here these past few weeks but that could easily change.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Warm Weather Training on 12:52 - Jun 26 with 3482 viewsD_Alien

Warm Weather Training on 12:23 - Jun 26 by dingdangblue

More than anything it's about spending time together - team bonding - without any distractions from family. It's what Keith wants to do so I'd trust him 100% - getting away somewhere abroad is much more exciting than going somewhere in the British Isles. And they are guaranteed great weather - yes it has been wonderful here these past few weeks but that could easily change.

I'm fully conversant with the vagaries of UK weather

Watching the England lads tiring in the heat against Panama is no better example of how undertaking exercise in hot conditions requires a period of acclimatisation

Our injury record out in Tenerife is pitiful, and I don't believe its a coincidence

There has just got to be better options

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Warm Weather Training on 12:59 - Jun 26 with 3451 viewsrochdaleriddler

Warm Weather Training on 12:52 - Jun 26 by D_Alien

I'm fully conversant with the vagaries of UK weather

Watching the England lads tiring in the heat against Panama is no better example of how undertaking exercise in hot conditions requires a period of acclimatisation

Our injury record out in Tenerife is pitiful, and I don't believe its a coincidence

There has just got to be better options

I read the other day that training in extreme cold builds muscle and fitness quicker than heat training

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Warm Weather Training on 13:14 - Jun 26 with 3415 viewsNigeriamark

Warm Weather Training on 12:59 - Jun 26 by rochdaleriddler

I read the other day that training in extreme cold builds muscle and fitness quicker than heat training

So let’s split them into two teams to drag a sledge to the North Pole. Team building teamwork and competition +++. They can take a ball for a kick about on the flat bits.
Login to get fewer ads

Warm Weather Training on 13:23 - Jun 26 with 3398 viewsjudd

Warm Weather Training on 13:14 - Jun 26 by Nigeriamark

So let’s split them into two teams to drag a sledge to the North Pole. Team building teamwork and competition +++. They can take a ball for a kick about on the flat bits.

They could also practice for postponements.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Warm Weather Training on 13:33 - Jun 26 with 3370 viewsdingdangblue

Warm Weather Training on 13:23 - Jun 26 by judd

They could also practice for postponements.

Or going to Wembley.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024