Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andy Kelly 21:38 - Dec 10 with 2356 viewsDiddyDave

Is this the same bloke who went to St.Pats RC school and played for that great Sacred Hearts team of the late 60s alongside Johnny Taylor and Chris Shyne? Ming,you might be able to help out here?
Andy Kelly on 21:43 - Dec 10 with 2331 viewsTVOS1907

Yes

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Andy Kelly on 21:55 - Dec 10 with 2293 viewsDiddyDave

Cheers,I didn`t know him personally,but we used to see him cycling up Oswald Street on his way to school,while we were on our short walk to Heybrook. Think he lived in Belfield then.
Andy Kelly on 22:58 - Dec 10 with 2169 viewsmingthemerciless

I played against both Chris Shyne and John Taylor but I can't recall Andy Kelly.
Andy Kelly on 02:10 - Dec 11 with 2067 viewsDiddyDave

I was good mates with John and Chris. I remember going to a Cup Final on Brights ground one year,think it was a Good Friday or Easter Monday involving Sacred Heart,but I can`t recall the opposition. It was a top game in spite of the constant rain and muddy ground,some good players in both teams.
Andy Kelly on 07:56 - Dec 11 with 1940 viewsEllDale

I also think that he played a little bit of rugby league for Milnrow in the early 1980's?
His brother Dave (a firefighter in Littleborough) was a stalwart of that team.
Andy Kelly on 08:48 - Dec 11 with 1863 viewsmingthemerciless

Andy Kelly on 22:58 - Dec 10 by mingthemerciless

I played against both Chris Shyne and John Taylor but I can't recall Andy Kelly.

I was talking to John the other day. He doesn't look any older the lucky sod.

That was meant for Diddy Dave, I seem to have replied to myself !
[Post edited 11 Dec 2018 9:06]
Andy Kelly on 10:35 - Dec 11 with 1770 viewsjonesy

Andy Kelly on 21:55 - Dec 10 by DiddyDave

Cheers,I didn`t know him personally,but we used to see him cycling up Oswald Street on his way to school,while we were on our short walk to Heybrook. Think he lived in Belfield then.

Interesting to hear from someone who went to Heybrook. I lived in Gowers St and used to walk up Oswald St. That was around the mid fifties. When I have been back it has all changed. But we won’t go into that.
Andy Kelly on 11:19 - Dec 11 with 1723 viewsEllDale

I know what you mean. I was born in Morley St in 1954 and the houses ares till there but plenty else has changed.
Login to get fewer ads

Andy Kelly on 15:43 - Dec 11 with 1525 viewsjonesy

Sometimes walked along there on the way to school. Across the little bridge over the river. No school runs in those days!
Unfortunately my old house was demolished and they built bungalows for immmigrants. Good old Cyril!
Anyway take care.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2018 15:47]
Andy Kelly on 19:53 - Dec 11 with 1351 viewsDiddyDave

Thanks for all the chat,yes it only seems like yesterday. I went to Heybrook from 1953-1960,Infants and Juniors,then to Rochdale Tech 1960-65. Just as well my brother and I only had a three minute walk to school;as we all know,the weather was nearly always shite no matter what time of the year it was,but it was home. Us kids had a great childhood,we played out all the time,had some great games of football in`t top back and off t`big hill,as we called it,behind Heybrook School. That was before they made the playing fields,when I played for Heybrook,our home ground was on Foxholes Road.
Andy Kelly on 19:53 - Dec 11 with 1350 viewsArthurDaley

Ah Sacred Heart, only made the 3rd team, but two friendly's for the 2nd team. Andy was first team I think. Sunday afternoons on Heybrook field Chris Shyne in goals played in the same team as John Taylor some where.
George Taylor was the trainer for us, no matter where you got hit with the ball George was on with his sponge out of the bucket of water straight between the legs, you soon got up after that.

A large VAT Dave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024