Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fit and proper person 22:55 - Feb 24 with 19189 viewsjudd

Not me, you filthy gets.

Our CEO has a Linkdin profile thay has him as a Sales Director of a business called Hasbro around the same time as the same company was found guilty of price fixing with retailers, resulting in a huge fine c £15.98 million. The retailers also received massive fines. Upon appeal, thanks to co-operation from the accused, including those with the same name as our CEO, Hasbro fine was rescinded.

Hasbro later released a press statement to let people know that those involved in this illegality were no longer with the business.
It may very well be that there were 2 employees of the same name at that company at that time and so I withdraw any assertion cast.

Hope when we employ senior managers that our due dilligence complies with EFL guidelines.

We would also hope that conflict of interest was taken into account upon his appointment.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Fit and proper person on 12:57 - Feb 26 with 3249 viewsnordenblue

Fit and proper person on 10:33 - Feb 26 by onedalefan

First prize of £750 on Goldbond this week won by Mrs.Bottomley with no address given. Any relative?

Think he's already hit the jackpot elsewhere.
Fit and proper person on 13:25 - Feb 26 with 3182 viewsBobbyjoe

Fit and proper person on 09:38 - Feb 26 by blackdogblue

Asset strip what at COA, one broken goalpost, more tyres than Kwik fit, a pie warmer that turns hot dogs into a bag of steam and a PA system with no volume control?

Just the ground itself, which, by the law of unintended consequences, can now be sold off when we move in with Oldham.
(No subject) (n/t) on 15:39 - Feb 26 with 3037 viewsbored

Fit and proper person on 10:33 - Feb 26 by onedalefan

First prize of £750 on Goldbond this week won by Mrs.Bottomley with no address given. Any relative?

[Post edited 26 Feb 2019 15:52]
Fit and proper person on 16:35 - Feb 26 with 2971 viewsEllDale

Neil Diamond has also won a tenner!
Fit and proper person on 16:41 - Feb 26 with 2954 viewsjudd

Fit and proper person on 16:35 - Feb 26 by EllDale

Neil Diamond has also won a tenner!

Neil Diamond won a tenor?

Fit and proper person on 17:15 - Feb 26 with 2902 viewsEllDale

That's where it began....
Fit and proper person on 20:26 - Feb 26 with 2731 viewsRAFCBLUE

A problem, of course, with anyone looking to pick holes with our current CEO's appointment is the fact that he was appointed as a club Director under the tenure of Chris Dunphy in July 2015 and passed the EFL's test at that time.

This is our fourth CEO in 32 months following the decision of Colin Garlick to join Port Vale.

There is, as far as we know, no due diligence for a boardroom reshuffle within the club's remaining board for someone who successfully joined and served on it for over three and a half years.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2015/july/new-director-welcomed-onto-dale-boa

If we look at the appointments of the three CEO's post Colin Garlick.

Firstly, Russ Green who resigned as CEO post verdict but pre-appeal when conduct issues relating to his time at a previous club came to light. Appointed by Chris Dunphy, Green successfully passed the EFL's test despite subsequently being found guilty of three very serious charges of misconduct.

There is no allegation of impropriety in Mr Dunphy's appointment of Russ Green, but you would hope that, at the time, what was felt to be compliant due diligence with EFL guidelines (as were in place in 2016)

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2016/august/russ-green-appointed-as-rochdale-

Secondly, Chris Dunphy appointed James Mason in October 2018. James Mason only lasted eight weeks but was CEO at Bradford City previously and passed the test here and also at his previous club.

Thirdly, David Bottomley was appointed by Andrew Kilpatrick after Chris Dunphy announced his resignation. He has also been in post for just eight weeks but passed the EFL test in 2015.

It's worth noting that the EFL's Fit and Proper test has changed significantly over the last four seasons but is not as yet an annual test and the next discussion on the criteria changing will take place in the Summer.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Fit and proper person on 20:32 - Feb 26 with 2713 viewsjudd

Fit and proper person on 20:26 - Feb 26 by RAFCBLUE

A problem, of course, with anyone looking to pick holes with our current CEO's appointment is the fact that he was appointed as a club Director under the tenure of Chris Dunphy in July 2015 and passed the EFL's test at that time.

This is our fourth CEO in 32 months following the decision of Colin Garlick to join Port Vale.

There is, as far as we know, no due diligence for a boardroom reshuffle within the club's remaining board for someone who successfully joined and served on it for over three and a half years.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2015/july/new-director-welcomed-onto-dale-boa

Firstly, Russ Green who resigned as CEO post verdict but pre-appeal when conduct issues relating to his time at a previous club came to light. Appointed by Chris Dunphy, Green successfully passed the EFL's test despite subsequently being found guilty of three very serious charges of misconduct.

There is no allegation of impropriety in Mr Dunphy's appointment of Russ Green, but you would hope that, at the time, what was felt to be compliant due diligence with EFL guidelines (as were in place in 2016)

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2016/august/russ-green-appointed-as-rochdale-

Secondly, Chris Dunphy appointed James Mason in October 2018. James Mason only lasted eight weeks but was CEO at Bradford City previously and passed the test here and also at his previous club.

Thirdly, David Bottomley was appointed by Andrew Kilpatrick after Chris Dunphy announced his resignation. He has also been in post for just eight weeks but passed the EFL test in 2015.

It's worth noting that the EFL's Fit and Proper test has changed significantly over the last four seasons but is not as yet an annual test and the next discussion on the criteria changing will take place in the Summer.

How do these tests manifest themselves?

Login to get fewer ads

Fit and proper person on 20:42 - Feb 26 with 2663 viewsD_Alien

Fit and proper person on 20:26 - Feb 26 by RAFCBLUE

I'd also be interested in how Andrew Kilpatrick became Chairman. Whilst there's no suggestion that he'd have any difficulty in meeting the criteria within the EFL F&PP guidelines, the conclusion i drew from the Fans Forum was that he was "enabled" into the role by the person who was subsequently appointed CEO. Or were the two positions taken up simultaneously?

I could, of course, be wrong in my conclusion

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fit and proper person on 20:58 - Feb 26 with 2614 viewsRAFCBLUE

Fit and proper person on 20:42 - Feb 26 by D_Alien

I'd also be interested in how Andrew Kilpatrick became Chairman. Whilst there's no suggestion that he'd have any difficulty in meeting the criteria within the EFL F&PP guidelines, the conclusion i drew from the Fans Forum was that he was "enabled" into the role by the person who was subsequently appointed CEO. Or were the two positions taken up simultaneously?

Based on:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00111019/filing-history

I would speculate and suggest:

1) Chris Dunphy announced his resignation on 5 December 2018
2) Andrew Kilpatrick announced he would become Chairman on 6 December 2018, "with the backing of the Board"
3) EFL fit and proper test completed between 5 December 2018 and 20 December 2018 to allow him to take chairmanship on 1 January 2019.
4) Kilpatrick formally appointed to the Board pre-Christmas. Companies House says started on 7 December 2018 paperwork filed on 20 December 2018.
5) Other new Board members, Anthony Pockney and Andrew Kelly appointed on 9th and 15th January 2019 respectively one assumes after the respective EFL clearances received.

In reality you can move people in and they can start working awaiting the formal ratification, so I'd suspect Kilpatrick was involved the club in the run up to Christmas getting whatever handover was possible.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2019 21:01]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Fit and proper person on 21:06 - Feb 26 with 2581 viewsnordenblue

Fit and proper person on 20:42 - Feb 26 by D_Alien

Woah slow that right down,dont go digging too deep you'll send Daves diary into bloody overdrive...
Fit and proper person on 21:06 - Feb 26 with 2576 viewsD_Alien

Fit and proper person on 20:58 - Feb 26 by RAFCBLUE

Based on:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00111019/filing-history

I would speculate and suggest:

1) Chris Dunphy announced his resignation on 5 December 2018
2) Andrew Kilpatrick announced he would become Chairman on 6 December 2018, "with the backing of the Board"
3) EFL fit and proper test completed between 5 December 2018 and 20 December 2018 to allow him to take chairmanship on 1 January 2019.
4) Kilpatrick formally appointed to the Board pre-Christmas. Companies House says started on 7 December 2018 paperwork filed on 20 December 2018.
5) Other new Board members, Anthony Pockney and Andrew Kelly appointed on 9th and 15th January 2019 respectively one assumes after the respective EFL clearances received.

In reality you can move people in and they can start working awaiting the formal ratification, so I'd suspect Kilpatrick was involved the club in the run up to Christmas getting whatever handover was possible.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2019 21:01]

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/december/statement-from-andrew-kilpatric

And this suggests that the Chair & CEO roles were taken up virtually simultaneously. In other words, the CEO role was already earmarked for it's incumbent at the time that AK was appointed Chair pending the completion of formalities

Fit and proper person on 21:08 - Feb 26 with 2566 viewsfitzochris

Fit and proper person on 21:06 - Feb 26 by D_Alien

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/december/statement-from-andrew-kilpatric

And this suggests that the Chair & CEO roles were taken up virtually simultaneously. In other words, the CEO role was already earmarked for it's incumbent at the time that AK was appointed Chair pending the completion of formalities

James Mason knows a good deal about what went on.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Fit and proper person on 21:11 - Feb 26 with 2551 viewsD_Alien

Fit and proper person on 21:06 - Feb 26 by nordenblue

Woah slow that right down,dont go digging too deep you'll send Daves diary into bloody overdrive...

Heaven forbid...

Fit and proper person on 21:12 - Feb 26 with 2543 viewsjudd

Fit and proper person on 21:08 - Feb 26 by fitzochris

James Mason knows a good deal about what went on.

But the test lads and lasses. Is it a tick box, a statement or what?

Fit and proper person on 21:18 - Feb 26 with 2516 viewsfitzochris

Fit and proper person on 21:12 - Feb 26 by judd

But the test lads and lasses. Is it a tick box, a statement or what?

It’s a signed declaration that a whole raft of bullet points are met. Apparently.

Fit and proper person on 21:24 - Feb 26 with 2488 viewsjudd

Fit and proper person on 21:18 - Feb 26 by fitzochris

It’s a signed declaration that a whole raft of bullet points are met. Apparently.

Cheers.

Fit and proper person on 21:25 - Feb 26 with 2488 viewsRAFCBLUE

Fit and proper person on 21:06 - Feb 26 by D_Alien

It depends upon how you read it.

For you to read it like that, you'd have to be suggesting that Chris Dunphy, the Chairman leading that time, was complicit in it.

I would severely doubt that to be the case.

A board meeting only needs a small quorum.

What is clear that the respective announcements of 5th and 6th December were well timed and that on the 7th December Andrew Kilpatrick was appointed to the Board, becoming Chairman on 1st January 2019.

It is a matter of fact that shareholders can assemble their board and organisation however they like.

Between them Chris Dunphy AND Andrew Kilpatrick jointly would have a lot of shares to have a majority or near majority say.

I also don't see anything from the EFL suggesting that their protocols have ever been breached in Dunphy's tenure as Chairman and before that board director.

Fit and proper person on 21:33 - Feb 26 with 2464 viewsD_Alien

Fit and proper person on 21:25 - Feb 26 by RAFCBLUE

For you to read it like that, you'd have to be suggesting that Chris Dunphy, the Chairman leading that time, was complicit in it.

What is clear that the respective announcements of 5th and 6th December were well timed and that on the 7th December Andrew Kilpatrick was appointed to the Board, becoming Chairman on 1st January 2019.

It is a matter of fact that shareholders can assemble their board and organisation however they like.

Between them Chris Dunphy AND Andrew Kilpatrick jointly would have a lot of shares to have a majority or near majority say.

I also don't see anything from the EFL suggesting that their protocols have ever been breached in Dunphy's tenure as Chairman and before that board director.

I'm not convinced that my reading of it involves any complicity on the part of Chris Dunphy

I'm simply looking at a timeline and a gut feeling from the interpersonal 'chemistry' between David Bottomley and Andrew Kilpatrick at the Fan's Forum
[Post edited 26 Feb 2019 21:34]

Fit and proper person on 21:41 - Feb 26 with 2431 viewsnordenblue

Fit and proper person on 21:25 - Feb 26 by RAFCBLUE

Doesnt Andrew Kilpatrick have THE majority say being the biggest shareholder though so wouldnt even require CD involvement in such decisions,(without knowing the boardroom protocols im far from an expert on this i'll gladly admit)
Fit and proper person on 21:44 - Feb 26 with 2417 viewsjudd

I'm not sure that Chris Dunphy and Andrew Kilpatrick would command a majority shareholding if they joined forces. I'll check out the last AAs and see who holds what.

Fit and proper person on 21:45 - Feb 26 with 2416 viewsRAFCBLUE

Fit and proper person on 21:33 - Feb 26 by D_Alien

I'm not convinced that my reading of it involves any complicity on the part of Chris Dunphy

I'm simply looking at a timeline and a gut feeling from the interpersonal 'chemistry' between David Bottomley and Andrew Kilpatrick at the Fan's Forum
[Post edited 26 Feb 2019 21:34]

Like it, or not, Chris Dunphy would have been part of those arranging such meetings and decision making.

I don't believe he resigned without lining up a succession plan, however quickly arranged.

When Chris Dunphy resigned on the 5th December the Directors were:
* Chris Dunphy
* Graham Rawlinson
* David Bottomley
* Bill Goodwin

Defacto when Andrew Kilpatrick was proposed to join the board on the 7th, those were only the four people who could have been at the Board meeting.

The OP is that the appointment of the current CEO is flawed. I don't believe that to be the case however unpopular he may be in some views.

A board is appointed by the shareholders and the shareholders have appointed our current Board.

No-one has failed the EFL test at our club ever; even Russ Green who was subsequently found guilty of a offence that would have prevented his appointment had it been known at the time.

Fit and proper person on 21:51 - Feb 26 with 2389 viewsjudd

Fit and proper person on 21:45 - Feb 26 by RAFCBLUE

Like it, or not, Chris Dunphy would have been part of those arranging such meetings and decision making.

I don't believe he resigned without lining up a succession plan, however quickly arranged.

* Chris Dunphy
* Graham Rawlinson
* David Bottomley
* Bill Goodwin

Defacto when Andrew Kilpatrick was proposed to join the board on the 7th, those were only the four people who could have been at the Board meeting.

The OP is that the appointment of the current CEO is flawed. I don't believe that to be the case however unpopular he may be in some views.

A board is appointed by the shareholders and the shareholders have appointed our current Board.

No-one has failed the EFL test at our club ever; even Russ Green who was subsequently found guilty of a offence that would have prevented his appointment had it been known at the time.

Have the shareholders appointed our current board?

I am unaware of a shareholder vote of all the current board members.

Is the test a self assessment?

The OP questioned due dilligence.

Fit and proper person on 21:51 - Feb 26 with 2389 viewsRAFCBLUE

Fit and proper person on 21:44 - Feb 26 by judd

I'm not sure that Chris Dunphy and Andrew Kilpatrick would command a majority shareholding if they joined forces. I'll check out the last AAs and see who holds what.

From memory, Andrew Kilpatrick owns 110,000 - biggest individual shareholder by some way.

Fit and proper person on 21:51 - Feb 26 with 2386 viewsfitzochris

Fit and proper person on 21:45 - Feb 26 by RAFCBLUE

* Chris Dunphy
* Graham Rawlinson
* David Bottomley
* Bill Goodwin

I would be interested to know who at the EFL, if anyone, scrutinisises the signed declarations for legitimacy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024