Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Radio Manchester tonight. 17:05 - Mar 4 with 10322 views442Dale

Main feature on sports show at 6pm.

CEO due on at 5.40pm.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Radio Manchester tonight. on 09:14 - Mar 5 with 2055 views1907

Is anybody else of the opinion that Russ Green will return to true CEO position immediately following his ban?

Would explain the bizarre & short lived appointment of James Mason followed by the appointment of a club director with no prior experience of running a football club.
Radio Manchester tonight. on 10:10 - Mar 5 with 1919 viewsdingdangblue

Full hour here...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0712s42

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Radio Manchester tonight. on 10:36 - Mar 5 with 1823 viewsMolly

Radio Manchester tonight. on 09:14 - Mar 5 by 1907

Is anybody else of the opinion that Russ Green will return to true CEO position immediately following his ban?

Would explain the bizarre & short lived appointment of James Mason followed by the appointment of a club director with no prior experience of running a football club.

Just how much experience do the board have between then of running a professional football club?
Radio Manchester tonight. on 10:38 - Mar 5 with 1808 viewsDaleiLama

Radio Manchester tonight. on 10:36 - Mar 5 by Molly

Just how much experience do the board have between then of running a professional football club?

My fear is just enough to be dangerous and not enough to get us out of the quicksand. I will be absolutely delighted to be proven wrong.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Radio Manchester tonight. on 10:40 - Mar 5 with 1793 viewsMolly

You could well be right. It would be interesting though to know how many years in total.
Radio Manchester tonight. on 10:44 - Mar 5 with 1765 views1907

Radio Manchester tonight. on 10:40 - Mar 5 by Molly

You could well be right. It would be interesting though to know how many years in total.

There are still a good number on the board who have held their positions for many years to be fair.
Radio Manchester tonight. on 10:51 - Mar 5 with 1730 viewsAncoats_Blue

When does the ban expire?
Radio Manchester tonight. on 10:53 - Mar 5 with 1713 viewsMolly

30th June 2019
Login to get fewer ads

Radio Manchester tonight. on 11:06 - Mar 5 with 1634 viewsjudd

That would mean the incumbent CEO relinquishing his position.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Radio Manchester tonight. on 11:17 - Mar 5 with 1605 views1907

Radio Manchester tonight. on 11:06 - Mar 5 by judd

That would mean the incumbent CEO relinquishing his position.

Correct. I can’t see Bottomley fulfilling this role on a permanent basis.

He, like many other directors, fails to hide his pure apathy of the fans.
Radio Manchester tonight. on 11:23 - Mar 5 with 1569 viewsjudd

Radio Manchester tonight. on 11:17 - Mar 5 by 1907

Correct. I can’t see Bottomley fulfilling this role on a permanent basis.

He, like many other directors, fails to hide his pure apathy of the fans.

I think that may be wishful thinking in it not being permanent.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Radio Manchester tonight. on 11:35 - Mar 5 with 1510 viewsD_Alien

Radio Manchester tonight. on 11:23 - Mar 5 by judd

I think that may be wishful thinking in it not being permanent.

Agree. I'm pretty sure if he was undertaking (pun possibly intended) the CEO role on a temporary basis, there would've been some hint along those lines. All hints point to the opposite being the case

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Radio Manchester tonight. on 11:41 - Mar 5 with 1484 viewsBobbyjoe

Radio Manchester tonight. on 07:40 - Mar 5 by fitzochris

I’m as misty eyed about Hill as the next supporter and can’t even stand to read the good times thread for that reason.

However, let’s look at this analytically. Us fans, some ITKs and the board themselves have witnessed the following:

Poor results, performances, player fall outs, wasted budget, unpopular training sessions, set play embarrassment and more.

It couldn’t go on. The Wimbledon game sealed it for me, Plymouth poured salt on it and by Luton, I was numb.

Hill was in danger of irreparably damaging his legacy.

What happens next may not work either, but the board couldn’t let this scenario continue.

How they went about it is open to question, though. A public backing followed by a public flogging suggests right hand and left aren’t coordinated.

Hard to disagree with any of that, or to escape the feeling that he was very much the architect of his own demise. If he and Mourinho had wanted to devise plans to get themselves sacked, neither could scarcely have hit upon a better one.
Radio Manchester tonight. on 11:45 - Mar 5 with 1463 viewsrochdale_ranger

Has Hill released a statement or done any media since yesterday. Will he walk straight into another job?
Radio Manchester tonight. on 11:48 - Mar 5 with 1434 viewskiwidale

I’m as misty eyed about Hill as the next supporter and can’t even stand to read the good times thread for that reason.

However, let’s look at this analytically. Us fans, some ITKs and the board themselves have witnessed the following:

Poor results, performances, player fall outs, wasted budget, unpopular training sessions, set play embarrassment and more.

It couldn’t go on. The Wimbledon game sealed it for me, Plymouth poured salt on it and by Luton, I was numb.

What happens next may not work either, but the board couldn’t let this scenario continue.

How they went about it is open to question, though. A public backing followed by a public flogging suggests right hand and left aren’t coordinated.

Summed up perfectly word for word on all points.

This is not the time for bickering.

Radio Manchester tonight. on 12:02 - Mar 5 with 1381 viewsParkinsGimp

Radio Manchester tonight. on 18:20 - Mar 4 by 442Dale

Richard Partington on now. #Jonah #Flicker

Says the braver decision would have been to stick with Hill.

Partington is an idiot.
Stick with Kim Jung Hill are you mad!
We need a fresh approach it was toxic.
Radio Manchester tonight. on 12:36 - Mar 5 with 1280 views100notout

Spot on Chris.

I can't understand all these posters who are coming on here now saying what a ridiculous decision it was and how the board have cocked up and how Hill deserved the chance to take us back to league 1 after we had got relegated ........ blah di blah di blah. They weren't as vociferous when he was in the job, slagging off the fans, making weird team selections / substitutions, pissing the budget up the wall, bringing in players that were past it and added nothing to the squad.

Of course he's the best manager we've ever had, he gave us many many very happy days and we are all very grateful to him for that and I wish him (and Chris Beech) all the best for the future but FFS he'd not just lost his mojo - he'd lost the plot.

The Wimbledon game was also the last straw for me - since then I think the players body language suggests they too have had enough - it was becoming (if not already) toxic and needed a change.

I'm no advocate for the board but they're doing the best they can and I don't see anyone else queuing up to join them so get behind them - all these sly digs are just creating more negativity.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024