Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFR: Urgent Tech Help 13:48 - Nov 12 with 2929 viewsSandyDrum

Hi guys,

I thought I'd put this on here because I know there are some pretty tech savvy people on here who may be able to help.

I work from home and I connect my work phone directly into my Wifi Router, that's the only way it will work and connect.
I'm temporarily living in Prague at the moment and overnight the Ethernet Ports on my router have all stopped working, I have no idea why. It basically means I can't do my job and my employers won't be happy if I don't get it fixed!

The WiFi works absolutely fine, but the Ethernet ports aren't blinking or working. Have tried different cables and connections, no dice.

I'm in contact with the ISP to check the router but I need some info from the landlord and he's taking an age to reply so I need a quick fix asap otherwise I'm going to have to book the next flight home!

Does anybody know of a device that I can wirelessly connect to the router, and then plug an Ethernet cable into that - which will allow my phone to connect to the network? I need to know exactly what I'm asking for when I go into the Czech version of PC World
[Post edited 12 Nov 2019 13:48]

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

NFR: Urgent Tech Help on 18:38 - Nov 12 with 2810 viewsfinberty

Wifi Range Extender with ethernet port.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/networking/wifi-range-extend
NFR: Urgent Tech Help on 19:32 - Nov 12 with 2743 viewsblackdogblue

Can you not set your work phone up as a WiFi hotspot? That’s what I do when I’m away in Europe so I can connect my laptop to my i phone?

We live in a digital age now, Ethernet connections are a thing of the past mate.

Hope this helps? 👍

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024