Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Boris Johnson a coward? 06:57 - Dec 6 with 35421 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Every other leader has been interviewed, but he refuses. It’s quite devastating stuff from Neil here.

[Post edited 6 Dec 2019 6:58]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 11:47 - Dec 9 with 1663 viewsD_Alien

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 11:38 - Dec 9 by BigDaveMyCock

Alas, if the polls are to be believed, and all seem to be in broad agreement, Boris will have a very comfortable majority on Friday.
It’s widely optimistic to expect any other outcome.

It's not over till it's over

Do i want him to have a majority that will allow Brexit? Of course i do, but that doesn't mean i'm wide (sic) about him

But it's a bit like in the Most Unexpected Win thread, when R17ALE said "they're all unexpected" - until the results are in, not much point being overly optimistic... i know you won't be!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 12:57 - Dec 9 with 1623 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 11:47 - Dec 9 by D_Alien

It's not over till it's over

Do i want him to have a majority that will allow Brexit? Of course i do, but that doesn't mean i'm wide (sic) about him

But it's a bit like in the Most Unexpected Win thread, when R17ALE said "they're all unexpected" - until the results are in, not much point being overly optimistic... i know you won't be!

Not optimistic at all.
The small morsels of hope I’m clinging onto are that:
(i) Labour leave voters will not, when it comes to the crunch, vote Tory in sufficient numbers (the Weatherspoons set hate the Kensington set);
(ii) apparently a zillion young people have registered to vote (probably not in fooking Mansfield though where their fathers, who Boris is very disparaging about, are voting Tory to gerrit done!!);
(iii) speaking to people, you don’t get a particular pro Johnson feel (leavers wind me up, especially Tory leavers, so I tend to try to avoid them at all costs);
(iv) after doing my snow dance, it might just snow like fook and a load of old predominantly Tory voters will be scared of slipping and stay at home (the lure of that nice young boy Boris and defeating evil communist Jeremy will be too much and, as they’re likely to be the last generation to have free healthcare, won’t give a fook about going for a burton); and
(v) people might just not be that stupid (I really am talking bollox now).
[Post edited 9 Dec 2019 13:05]

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 13:14 - Dec 9 with 1601 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 21:28 - Dec 7 by macro

So BigDave what's your problem with snowflakes etc

Sorry, only just seen this.
I don’t, they don’t exist. It’s just made up reactionary nonsense. Those who constantly whinge about apparent whinging snowflakes often don’t see the irony. They’re often the biggest whingers of the lot.

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 13:23 - Dec 9 with 1564 viewsD_Alien

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 12:57 - Dec 9 by BigDaveMyCock

Not optimistic at all.
(i) Labour leave voters will not, when it comes to the crunch, vote Tory in sufficient numbers (the Weatherspoons set hate the Kensington set);
(ii) apparently a zillion young people have registered to vote (probably not in fooking Mansfield though where their fathers, who Boris is very disparaging about, are voting Tory to gerrit done!!);
(iii) speaking to people, you don’t get a particular pro Johnson feel (leavers wind me up, especially Tory leavers, so I tend to try to avoid them at all costs);
(iv) after doing my snow dance, it might just snow like fook and a load of old predominantly Tory voters will be scared of slipping and stay at home (the lure of that nice young boy Boris and defeating evil communist Jeremy will be too much and, as they’re likely to be the last generation to have free healthcare, won’t give a fook about going for a burton); and

Re: (iv) it looks like it's going to be wet and windy, which may or may not affect a particular demographic; maybe those without a car?

Re the thread itself, i'm going to quote from an article in the ST (telly review page) by Camilla Long, who's no stranger to controversy and i often disagree with her, but this time she just about sums up my take on the whole business:

"By the time Boris had his one-to-one with [Andrew] Marr, we had somehow got to the frenzied point of believing it is the primary duty of prime ministers during an election to offer themselves to an interviewer of our choosing at a time of our calling, to submit to a ritual humiliation for the purpose of our entertainment - and if he doesn't, he is a 'disgusting coward' and a 'traitor to democracy'."

"The BBC, and in fact every channel, have whipped up this storm in the service of what they call 'the public interest'. "

"Boris doesn't need defending, of course, but the presentation of our politics on television does. It is currently a Wild West of competing interests that leads to febrile showdowns or irate audiences full of mad activists, and the result is terrible television. If there's one thing the past fortnight has shown us, it's that debates during elections need to come under some kind of debates commission, with set fixtures and audiences picked independently."

Amen to that

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 13:30 - Dec 9 with 1569 viewstony_roch975

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 13:23 - Dec 9 by D_Alien

Re: (iv) it looks like it's going to be wet and windy, which may or may not affect a particular demographic; maybe those without a car?

Re the thread itself, i'm going to quote from an article in the ST (telly review page) by Camilla Long, who's no stranger to controversy and i often disagree with her, but this time she just about sums up my take on the whole business:

"By the time Boris had his one-to-one with [Andrew] Marr, we had somehow got to the frenzied point of believing it is the primary duty of prime ministers during an election to offer themselves to an interviewer of our choosing at a time of our calling, to submit to a ritual humiliation for the purpose of our entertainment - and if he doesn't, he is a 'disgusting coward' and a 'traitor to democracy'."

"The BBC, and in fact every channel, have whipped up this storm in the service of what they call 'the public interest'. "

"Boris doesn't need defending, of course, but the presentation of our politics on television does. It is currently a Wild West of competing interests that leads to febrile showdowns or irate audiences full of mad activists, and the result is terrible television. If there's one thing the past fortnight has shown us, it's that debates during elections need to come under some kind of debates commission, with set fixtures and audiences picked independently."

Amen to that

So you condemn the unfair, ritual humiliation of Corbyn etc and think they should have followed Johnson and refused all leaders debates?

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 13:31 - Dec 9 with 1545 viewsD_Alien

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 13:30 - Dec 9 by tony_roch975

So you condemn the unfair, ritual humiliation of Corbyn etc and think they should have followed Johnson and refused all leaders debates?

If you read the last paragraph that i quoted, that's what i believe

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 13:38 - Dec 9 with 1558 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Amen to that

This is a very clever position to take. You defend Johnson’s decision to not take part by claiming the process needs regulating but knowing full well that Boris is an ardent defender of free press/media and would be the first to argue against any such regulation.
The deflection is complete. The discussion shifts from Boris to regulation - regulation that Boris will never agree to. Brilliant.

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 14:03 - Dec 9 with 1536 viewsRochdale_ger

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 12:57 - Dec 9 by BigDaveMyCock

Not optimistic at all.

What a bleak picture you paint of the people of the U.K. and what motivates them.
Login to get fewer ads

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 14:11 - Dec 9 with 1532 viewsTomRAFC

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 13:14 - Dec 9 by BigDaveMyCock

Sorry, only just seen this.
I don’t, they don’t exist. It’s just made up reactionary nonsense. Those who constantly whinge about apparent whinging snowflakes often don’t see the irony. They’re often the biggest whingers of the lot.

Well said. Whingeing about whingeing is often far louder, and often about whingeing that is rumoured to be happening.

I often think people are constantly harsh about whatever the trends of the time are, which is sometimes a lazy criticism. That being said, the trend for insulting anyone with compassion or principle is worrying. "do-gooder", "snowflake", "virtue signalling" etc.

There are those with a self-righteous façade, of course there are, but the tendency towards a blanket dismissal of all emotion only works in the favour of brutal dysphemism. It's not a good prospect.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 14:20 - Dec 9 with 1511 viewsJames1980

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 14:11 - Dec 9 by TomRAFC

Well said. Whingeing about whingeing is often far louder, and often about whingeing that is rumoured to be happening.

I often think people are constantly harsh about whatever the trends of the time are, which is sometimes a lazy criticism. That being said, the trend for insulting anyone with compassion or principle is worrying. "do-gooder", "snowflake", "virtue signalling" etc.

There are those with a self-righteous façade, of course there are, but the tendency towards a blanket dismissal of all emotion only works in the favour of brutal dysphemism. It's not a good prospect.

First they came for the snowflakes........

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 14:23 - Dec 9 with 1509 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 14:03 - Dec 9 by Rochdale_ger

What a bleak picture you paint of the people of the U.K. and what motivates them.

I know, I’m awful aren’t I? Doing a snow dance and wishing some old dear do a Torvel and Dean past the voting station.
I’m such a traitor.

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 14:32 - Dec 9 with 1501 viewstony_roch975

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 13:31 - Dec 9 by D_Alien

If you read the last paragraph that i quoted, that's what i believe

That point of view might have been more effective if it had been posted before the Neil interviews. But I'm not sure regulating the media/press is the answer - sounds a bit like censorship?

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:49 - Dec 9 with 1452 viewsmingthemerciless

It looks like the tame Tories that work for the BBC haven't been tame enough for the Johnson gang. He's threatening to abolish the licence fee unless they behave. Just one more step down the road to a right wing dictatorship.
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:33 - Dec 9 with 1408 viewsisitme

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:49 - Dec 9 by mingthemerciless

It looks like the tame Tories that work for the BBC haven't been tame enough for the Johnson gang. He's threatening to abolish the licence fee unless they behave. Just one more step down the road to a right wing dictatorship.

There will still be Channel 4 and I'm sure lots of people would pay to subscribe to BBC channels.
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:51 - Dec 9 with 1389 viewsRochdale_ger

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 14:23 - Dec 9 by BigDaveMyCock

I know, I’m awful aren’t I? Doing a snow dance and wishing some old dear do a Torvel and Dean past the voting station.
I’m such a traitor.

If the Wetherspoons lot get their way (what’s wrong with Wetherspoons by the way?) and Mr Johnson gets it done hopefully it will bring a bit of closure for you. I’ll even take you out to a Wetherspoons of your choice for a kopparberg.
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 17:05 - Dec 9 with 1365 viewsrochdaleriddler

Amen to that

Yes but that’s for the future, other parties took part in the Etchingham and Neil interviews in good faith, believing Johnson had agreed to them. Corbyn had a lot of negative media after the Neil grilling. Johnson didn’t fancy any of that, believing that saying nothing avoids making errors. So the public hasn’t had the chance to see Boris under pressure. The media would have had a field day if Corbyn had been the only leader not to play ball, every Rag would have had Coward accross the from page

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 17:30 - Dec 9 with 1342 viewsRochdale_ger

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 17:05 - Dec 9 by rochdaleriddler

Yes but that’s for the future, other parties took part in the Etchingham and Neil interviews in good faith, believing Johnson had agreed to them. Corbyn had a lot of negative media after the Neil grilling. Johnson didn’t fancy any of that, believing that saying nothing avoids making errors. So the public hasn’t had the chance to see Boris under pressure. The media would have had a field day if Corbyn had been the only leader not to play ball, every Rag would have had Coward accross the from page

People have been shoving pictures of ill kids lying on coats in hospital wards in front of Bj all afternoon. He is being held to account.
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 17:53 - Dec 9 with 1314 viewsD_Dale

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 17:30 - Dec 9 by Rochdale_ger

People have been shoving pictures of ill kids lying on coats in hospital wards in front of Bj all afternoon. He is being held to account.

Seems a bit like Gordon Brown being wrong-footed through calling Gillian Duffy a bigoted woman. Maybe some reporter will ask Johnson whether his (number unknown) children receive private medical treatment.
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 17:54 - Dec 9 with 1311 viewsrochdaleriddler

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 17:30 - Dec 9 by Rochdale_ger

What by stealing a reporters phone, he cannot deal with any criticism, thinner skin than trump

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 18:04 - Dec 9 with 1268 viewsD_Alien

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 17:54 - Dec 9 by rochdaleriddler

What by stealing a reporters phone, he cannot deal with any criticism, thinner skin than trump

This is just typical of the desperate media attempts to portray politicians in a bad light

It's total shite, whoever it involves

Anyone taking notice of things like this needs to have a word

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 18:13 - Dec 9 with 1263 viewsD_Dale

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 18:04 - Dec 9 by D_Alien

This is just typical of the desperate media attempts to portray politicians in a bad light

It seems that those running the Johnson campaign are taking notice. The Minister of Health has been sent north to plead that things aren't as bad as they seem.
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 18:15 - Dec 9 with 1254 viewstony_roch975

I'm genuinely confused - what is 'shite' in your view?
- no hospital bed for a sick child in the 5th richest nation on the planet?
- the leader of the governing party for the last decade refusing to take responsibility for that?
- or the nasty media & press for challenging that leader!
By all means argue for voting Tory cos you're a Leave supporter but don't defend the indefensible.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2019 18:30]

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 18:48 - Dec 9 with 1213 viewsrochdaleriddler

I took notice of the fact he pulled out of a visit to Bolton because there were a few protesters. The man is a shitbag, anyone defending him needs to have a word

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 18:49 - Dec 9 with 1207 viewsrochdaleriddler

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 18:13 - Dec 9 by D_Dale

It seems that those running the Johnson campaign are taking notice. The Minister of Health has been sent north to plead that things aren't as bad as they seem.

Yes and they claimed someone had punched Hancocks aide in the face . Kuenssberg was all over it, it didn’t happen. BBC fake news

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 18:52 - Dec 9 with 1195 viewsrochdaleriddler

Are you saying the prime minister should not have to account for a lack of beds for sick children when challenged?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024