Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PS4 19:15 - Apr 7 with 2134 viewsNigeriamark

Like many of us I'm getting very bored stuck at home & my daughter ( who lives in Norway) suggests I get a PS4 so I can play some of the games against her. They seem quite expensive new & I am sure I would only use a handful of games ( I think super Mario on the little Nintendo handset was the last time I was any good at any of these). The one she is suggesting I start with is Fortnight. Anyone who is into gaming may be able to advise me on:-

1) There seem to be some on E-Bay second hand for about 150 - 200 quid with 1 or 2 handsets. Are these high risk & do PS4s break down after a few years.

2) Can you play a specific game against specific people in another country & do both people have to buy the game

3) Is weekend easy? I imagine if it has levels then after a week I'll still be on level 1

4) Any other games to recommend for 1 or 2 players. I usually like those where there are a few levels and an end point ( like Super Mario but I couldn't see it on PS4.). I also don't mind things like a race ( car, bike etc) where it has laps & a finish line, A game where you use as few of the buttons as possible would suit me best. I'm not interested in buying accessories e.g a gun or steering wheel

Basically assume I know nothing & won't get much better!!

Cheers
PS4 on 20:51 - Apr 7 with 2079 viewsIOMDale

If I could recommend a single game, then it’d be The Last of Us a hundred times out of a hundred.

The second instalment is due out soon too so even more reason to cram in a play through of the first one now.

UTDNFS

PS4 on 21:39 - Apr 7 with 2038 viewsregjenkins

PS4 on 20:51 - Apr 7 by IOMDale

If I could recommend a single game, then it’d be The Last of Us a hundred times out of a hundred.

The second instalment is due out soon too so even more reason to cram in a play through of the first one now.

In respect to games,
Horizon Zero Dawn.
Unchartered (2 onwards)
Farcry, (3 onwards)
Dead red redemption.
The last of us.
Metro exodus.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

PS4 on 21:43 - Apr 7 with 2033 viewsIOMDale

PS4 on 21:39 - Apr 7 by regjenkins

In respect to games,
Horizon Zero Dawn.
Unchartered (2 onwards)
Farcry, (3 onwards)
Dead red redemption.
The last of us.
Metro exodus.

I think Ubisoft are still dining out on Far Cry 3, personally. Great villain and side missions but everything since has been so half-baked and uninspiring IMHO.

Agree about RDR2 though, the best sandbox game since another of Rockstar’s offerings in GTA V.

UTDNFS

PS4 on 22:02 - Apr 7 with 2018 viewsNigeriamark

PS4 on 21:43 - Apr 7 by IOMDale

I think Ubisoft are still dining out on Far Cry 3, personally. Great villain and side missions but everything since has been so half-baked and uninspiring IMHO.

Agree about RDR2 though, the best sandbox game since another of Rockstar’s offerings in GTA V.

Thanks Guys. I see on Amazon for 250 quid you can get a PS4 (500mb) + Horizon zero dawn + Unchartered 4 + The last of us ( remastered, whatever that means) and 1 hand device. All meaningless to me but does that sound good? It doesn't say if it has the wires to the TV but I assume it must have

Can you load Fortnight or any other games directly onto a PS4 or do you always have to buy a disk?
PS4 on 22:57 - Apr 7 with 1979 viewsSaxonDale

Fortnite you buy through the Playstation when you have bought the console. It's free and not available on disk. Only thing worth remembering is it is about £60 to go 'online' on your PS4 for a year, so that's another expense to factor in. I've had my PS4 for 3 years and had no problems with it, however I'm not much more than a social player.

Top of my head probably Crash Bandicoot is the Playstation series most similar to Super Mario (CTR is very similar to Mario Kart too)
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 23:00]
PS4 on 01:56 - Apr 8 with 1930 viewskiwidale

My gaming experience and ratings before I retired from gaming in the 90s.

Solitaire on windows 3.1 8/10.

Minesweeper on windows 3.1 but Dos platform 6/10 it used to drive my daughters mad when I went into Dos and reset my fastest time 1 sec ahead of theirs when they beat mine.

Guy the Gorilla DOS version. 3/10 pretty shite after first few times.

Commander Keen on windows 3.1. 6/10 massive improvement after I got a state of the art 8 bit polyphonic sound card, loved the multimedia experience.

Wolfstein 3D/Castle Wolfstein on windows 95. 9/10 fantastic multi level game with increasing levels of difficulty, well fantastic until you got to the top level of Castle Wolfstien then you meet that big German tw@t you could never got past.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 7:08]

This is not the time for bickering.

PS4 on 07:35 - Apr 8 with 1866 viewsaleanddale

PS4 on 01:56 - Apr 8 by kiwidale

My gaming experience and ratings before I retired from gaming in the 90s.

Solitaire on windows 3.1 8/10.

Minesweeper on windows 3.1 but Dos platform 6/10 it used to drive my daughters mad when I went into Dos and reset my fastest time 1 sec ahead of theirs when they beat mine.

Guy the Gorilla DOS version. 3/10 pretty shite after first few times.

Commander Keen on windows 3.1. 6/10 massive improvement after I got a state of the art 8 bit polyphonic sound card, loved the multimedia experience.

Wolfstein 3D/Castle Wolfstein on windows 95. 9/10 fantastic multi level game with increasing levels of difficulty, well fantastic until you got to the top level of Castle Wolfstien then you meet that big German tw@t you could never got past.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 7:08]

Daley Thompson’s Decathlon on ZX Spectrum was a classic.
PS4 on 10:19 - Apr 8 with 1781 viewskiwidale

PS4 on 07:35 - Apr 8 by aleanddale

Daley Thompson’s Decathlon on ZX Spectrum was a classic.

I nearly bought a Commadore 286 or summat before I bought my first computer in 1992. I went straight in cutting edge it cost me $3200 a fortune back then still is. Specs were i486 sx25 with 4 meg of Ram and 80 meg hard drive it was a flyer. I was lucky had a mate who worked for Telecom NZ who taught me all about them and within 12months I had mastered the start up, C prompt cmd.exe and C:/win.exe command I was practically a technician. I played solitaire and minesweeper then I paid extra for a 14.4k modem (1400 baud) actually it might have been a 56k modem and my first foray onto the world wide web bulletin boards included the first incarnation of this board devoted to Rochdale AFC. Col had just started a paper round.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 10:41]

This is not the time for bickering.

Login to get fewer ads

PS4 on 08:36 - Apr 9 with 1583 viewsaleanddale

PS4 on 10:19 - Apr 8 by kiwidale

I nearly bought a Commadore 286 or summat before I bought my first computer in 1992. I went straight in cutting edge it cost me $3200 a fortune back then still is. Specs were i486 sx25 with 4 meg of Ram and 80 meg hard drive it was a flyer. I was lucky had a mate who worked for Telecom NZ who taught me all about them and within 12months I had mastered the start up, C prompt cmd.exe and C:/win.exe command I was practically a technician. I played solitaire and minesweeper then I paid extra for a 14.4k modem (1400 baud) actually it might have been a 56k modem and my first foray onto the world wide web bulletin boards included the first incarnation of this board devoted to Rochdale AFC. Col had just started a paper round.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 10:41]

The vast majority of that Kiwi is lost on me.

I do think you overpaid though 56k for a modem sounds really steep!.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024