Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arrivals! 19:21 - Apr 15 with 3381 viewsjonesy

Just looking at the aircraft flying near us (adds a bit of excitement to our lives!) and noticed a British Airways flight coming over the east coast from Shanghai! They have relaxed the rules there so there should be no problem?🤫. London beware.
Arrivals! on 19:31 - Apr 15 with 2182 viewsRochdale_Rangar

I live directly under the flight path of planes coming and going. It’s been really quiet the last couple of week. Apart from the raf jet last week.
Arrivals! on 19:33 - Apr 15 with 2175 views442Dale

Need to know what Farage thinks.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Arrivals! on 19:45 - Apr 15 with 2155 viewsDorislove

Flights to certain places have never stopped ,Cathay Pacific seem to have flown to LHR everyday and Ba fly to NY twice a day ,unfortunatly for them the load factor is pityfully low.
Qatar have and are still flying to Manchester and so are Pakistan.
Edit Pakistan IA have now suspended services.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2020 19:49]
Arrivals! on 19:46 - Apr 15 with 2151 viewsNigeriamark

Might just be a flight to return Brits who work there back to the UK?
Arrivals! on 19:52 - Apr 15 with 2135 viewsSuddenLad

Arrivals! on 19:46 - Apr 15 by Nigeriamark

My friend is BA cabin crew. Yesterday he was detailed to fly out on an emergency repatriation flight to collect stranded Brits, who were unable to get back due to cessation of commercial flights. The flight was to Ahmedabad then back to Heathrow. 4 hour turn around and then back here.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Arrivals! on 20:36 - Apr 15 with 2079 viewsjonesy

Air China to Beijing just gone over.
Arrivals! on 21:38 - Apr 15 with 1983 viewsRochdale_Rangar

Arrivals! on 20:36 - Apr 15 by jonesy

Air China to Beijing just gone over.

It hasn’t been a lockdown in the true sense of the word from the beginning. Some sites are still open despite mass lay offs in the construction industry and a struggle to get materials. How many people are still picking and packing non essential items in warehouses.
Arrivals! on 03:52 - Apr 16 with 1847 viewsjacko_dale

I live in China, although currently stuck outside the country as they've banned all foreigners from entering! From what I gather international airlines are running very reduced routes at the government's request (order), about once a week per route I think. So that could explain this one.
Login to get fewer ads

Arrivals! on 09:18 - Apr 16 with 1748 viewsmingthemerciless

There was a report on the radio today that British farmers are flying in Eastern European fruit and veg pickers. Six flights were mentioned.
Arrivals! on 12:26 - Apr 16 with 1644 viewsNigeriamark

Arrivals! on 09:18 - Apr 16 by mingthemerciless

There was a report on the radio today that British farmers are flying in Eastern European fruit and veg pickers. Six flights were mentioned.

seems logical. It's not like there are British people with time on their hands who would like/need to earn some extra cash !!!
Arrivals! on 13:01 - Apr 16 with 1616 viewsmingthemerciless

Arrivals! on 12:26 - Apr 16 by Nigeriamark

seems logical. It's not like there are British people with time on their hands who would like/need to earn some extra cash !!!

Brits have been invited to have a go. A few have joined in but nowhere near enough. If things don't improve the farmers are saying there maybe a shortage of fruit and veg.
Arrivals! on 13:45 - Apr 16 with 1574 viewsjonesy

Arrivals! on 19:46 - Apr 15 by Nigeriamark

Another British Airways flight from Beijing arriving! A China Eastern from Shanghai about to land at Heathrow. Totally confused.
Arrivals! on 13:56 - Apr 16 with 1562 viewsjonesy

Arrivals! on 03:52 - Apr 16 by jacko_dale

I live in China, although currently stuck outside the country as they've banned all foreigners from entering! From what I gather international airlines are running very reduced routes at the government's request (order), about once a week per route I think. So that could explain this one.

Flights are regularly going to and from China from Heathrow. If they are not allowing foreigners to enter, these outbound planes must be taking Chinese. I’m not sure who is on the inbound planes but I would have thought all British would have returned by now? It appears there is free travel between China and the UK but not from your house to the coast!
Arrivals! on 14:04 - Apr 16 with 1554 viewsNigeriamark

Arrivals! on 13:56 - Apr 16 by jonesy

Flights are regularly going to and from China from Heathrow. If they are not allowing foreigners to enter, these outbound planes must be taking Chinese. I’m not sure who is on the inbound planes but I would have thought all British would have returned by now? It appears there is free travel between China and the UK but not from your house to the coast!

Are some of the planes Cargo planes? Although many countries have banned foreigners, I think cargo, courier services etc are still in operation although I assume at a lower level
Arrivals! on 15:50 - Apr 16 with 1509 viewsjonesy

Arrivals! on 14:04 - Apr 16 by Nigeriamark

Are some of the planes Cargo planes? Although many countries have banned foreigners, I think cargo, courier services etc are still in operation although I assume at a lower level

Unfortunately they have landed so I can’t get further details. I don’t believe they were cargo. Most cargo planes tend to be older and without windows. I will note the aircraft registration next time and let you know. There are lots of cargo planes flying around which is ok. DHL etc. Having just looked there is a Virgin Atlantic 787 Dreamliner G-VNYL crossing the North Sea on it’s way to Shanghai international. Pretty certain it’s not cargo.
Arrivals! on 15:55 - Apr 16 with 1505 viewsjonesy

And there is a 777 British Airways G-STBD crossing the North Sea heading for Heathrow from Shanghai. Again unlikely to be cargo. Very busy route.
Arrivals! on 16:55 - Apr 16 with 1462 viewsBigKindo

Arrivals! on 15:55 - Apr 16 by jonesy

And there is a 777 British Airways G-STBD crossing the North Sea heading for Heathrow from Shanghai. Again unlikely to be cargo. Very busy route.

I use flightradar24. Air Bridge Cargo 747 to Amsterdam currently passing over south of Dale. Last Saturday I observed 2 DHL and a KLM Cargo going to the USA.
Arrivals! on 18:31 - Apr 16 with 1402 viewsjonesy

I am using flightradar24 too. Good to see what’s going on. Freedar is good as it shows some military aircraft but not all.
Arrivals! on 18:44 - Apr 16 with 1390 viewsNigeriamark

Arrivals! on 15:50 - Apr 16 by jonesy

Unfortunately they have landed so I can’t get further details. I don’t believe they were cargo. Most cargo planes tend to be older and without windows. I will note the aircraft registration next time and let you know. There are lots of cargo planes flying around which is ok. DHL etc. Having just looked there is a Virgin Atlantic 787 Dreamliner G-VNYL crossing the North Sea on it’s way to Shanghai international. Pretty certain it’s not cargo.

Don't worry about getting the registration, I'm not a plane spotter, I was just offering a suggestion as to why there seem to be direct flights to and from China when I thought commercial flights were suspended

My dad was a huge plane spotter ( is there a specific name for plane spotters?) & when I was a small kid would drag me and my 2 older sisters to spend hours at Manchester airport. Cant say that 3 kids between the ages of 10 & 8 were particularly impressed with just sitting in a car at the end of the runway, but he loved it and did it for 40 or 50 years.

At his funeral we had a small model of Concorde on his coffin, and as the curtains closed on the coffin in the cremetorium, instead of music we played the sound of concord taking off
Arrivals! on 21:01 - Apr 16 with 1331 viewsjonesy

Arrivals! on 18:44 - Apr 16 by Nigeriamark

Don't worry about getting the registration, I'm not a plane spotter, I was just offering a suggestion as to why there seem to be direct flights to and from China when I thought commercial flights were suspended

My dad was a huge plane spotter ( is there a specific name for plane spotters?) & when I was a small kid would drag me and my 2 older sisters to spend hours at Manchester airport. Cant say that 3 kids between the ages of 10 & 8 were particularly impressed with just sitting in a car at the end of the runway, but he loved it and did it for 40 or 50 years.

At his funeral we had a small model of Concorde on his coffin, and as the curtains closed on the coffin in the cremetorium, instead of music we played the sound of concord taking off

Sounds a really thoughtful way to send your dad off. Well done.

I remember dragging my mum and dad to Ringway and taking pictures of Viscounts and Vanguards. It used to be really easy to park then.

I also used to persuade them to head down the East Lancs road to Liverpool looking at the ships. Walking down the dock road with my telescope! The variety of shipping then was amazing.

Talking of Concorde I used to work in Colnbrook just under the flightpath to Heathrow. I decided to take a photo of Concorde taking off. As it passed over I had no fingers to stick in my ears and was very impressed!!

Keep well.
Arrivals! on 21:02 - Apr 16 with 1330 viewsonedalefan

As Rochdale was on the flight path into Manchester Airport and any traffic now seems to go in over Middleton, am missing the regular noise of aircraft coming over especially being woken up at 6.45 on a Saturday and Sunday morning by a Virgin 747 at 5000 ft. Having to satisfy myself with the occasional flight going over at height travelling from Europe to America / Canada.
Arrivals! on 21:05 - Apr 16 with 1325 viewsjonesy

Living near Norwich we used to get Scandinavian traffic but not much now. Still get China and Tokyo still climbing from Heathrow and very noisy. Also get F15s from Lakenheath messing about!
Arrivals! on 22:25 - Apr 16 with 1271 viewssxdale

I remember being sat on the terraces at Craven Cottage in the sunshine watching Concorde flying over, much more interesting than seeing dale that day!
Arrivals! on 09:07 - Apr 17 with 1159 viewsDorislove

Virgin are doing freight only to NY on 787-9 and A350-1000 from London.
Arrivals! on 13:53 - Apr 17 with 1068 viewsjonesy

Just had what looked like a Red Arrows Hawk fly over with a smoke trail. Not sure why.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024