Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. 20:17 - Jul 28 with 11213 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Rather than add to the season ticket thread, as that is just another straw on the collapsing camel. Why the hell are we suddenly appearing pot less and desperate?

We have had the 2 cup run incomes, good player sales, league and tv money as well as sell on clauses, sponsorship and commercial activities, yet the board continues to attempt to sneak every possible way of saving money.

DB has mentioned lack of crowds/bURY/lost fixtures and the loss of income, that’s garbage, we will have saved more than that with the furloughing of staff, both playing and non playing. We will be saving in excess of £80 grand a month with the released list currently, although I am not sure that starts until August, but still a substantial cut in costs.

The club have shafted the goldbond agents, something that has been a consistent source of income for 20 odd years. They have also put a huge positive spin on the long term sponsorship. You could look at this as suddenly trying to raise up front cash, at later detriment.

And so onto season ticket refunds!

You should not have to actively seek a refund from the club, particularly if a deadline is involved. It should be the opposite. If you don’t respond you get a refund, if you don’t want a refund you can chose the option that you prefer, it’s a cheap psychological trick, as the emphasis is placed on the individual to want to take money from a struggling club they love, rather than the other way around.

I think many won’t want the refund, and if you take it there is nothing to stop you just donating it back. It’s just another underhanded way to make it less acceptable to have money back, that if it was anyone other than the club, you would take immediately.

I can’t say I back the trust at all in this, the rumours about some being in bed with the club I have not taken any notice of particularly, but this does smell of some being too close to both entities. I don’t know any individuals related to both, just a general overall comment, as the club in particular, seem to be duplicitous and sly currently.

We were quick enough to spot the issues the other side of heywood, we need to get our own house in order, before we have a lovely pitch and turnstiles, and a 12 point deduction!
[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 20:24]

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 12:16 - Jul 29 with 2711 viewsjudd

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 11:40 - Jul 29 by diver

What is happening with Goldbond ?I have been paying by standing order since March but I cannot find any news of draws etc on website

There's a statement pending, apparently. The Trust - to their credit - are chomping at the bit to get it released but Pyongyang will not give the go ahead.

I've asked for my money back but it was refused on the grounds that the rules did not allow it, so what rules govern the collection of cash when a weekly draw does not take place for months?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 12:32 - Jul 29 with 2666 viewsnordenblue

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 12:16 - Jul 29 by judd

There's a statement pending, apparently. The Trust - to their credit - are chomping at the bit to get it released but Pyongyang will not give the go ahead.

I've asked for my money back but it was refused on the grounds that the rules did not allow it, so what rules govern the collection of cash when a weekly draw does not take place for months?

Brilliant that seems perfectly reasonable,about as reasonable as the "option" to claim a refund (rightly owed) for the missing 7 games from the ST fiasco.

If folk encountered such shite customer "service" elsewhere to what currently is witnessed at the football club you wouldnt touch said product/company with a shitty stick, well done on the trust for digging but Jesus wept should the folk running the club be doing so whilst being so fooking inept and out of touch with a fan(customers!!!) base...
Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 13:22 - Jul 29 with 2591 viewsdiver

I have now cancelled direct debit poor state of affairs!!
Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 14:01 - Jul 29 with 2520 viewsBrierls

The statement is out - https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/july/dalelottoreturns/

No mention of the people who have been paying via DD during lockdown with no draws taking place. While this statement has likely come from our lottery partners, the club really aren't doing themsleves any favours. You wait for a statement, then when it does get released its missing the answers to the question many will be asking.
Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 14:23 - Jul 29 with 2470 viewsTVOS1907

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 11:40 - Jul 29 by diver

What is happening with Goldbond ?I have been paying by standing order since March but I cannot find any news of draws etc on website

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/may/dale-lotto-update_may-2020/

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 16:18 - Jul 29 with 2358 viewsjudd

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 14:01 - Jul 29 by Brierls

The statement is out - https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/july/dalelottoreturns/

No mention of the people who have been paying via DD during lockdown with no draws taking place. While this statement has likely come from our lottery partners, the club really aren't doing themsleves any favours. You wait for a statement, then when it does get released its missing the answers to the question many will be asking.

Well said that man.

"Dale Lotto
We followed up on the meeting that was held regarding the changes to Lotto. We have been frustrated that we have not been able to publish this so far. It was requested by the club not to publish this at this moment in time due to a couple of ongoing matters. We have reluctantly agreed to this but it is our intention to publish the report as soon as we can once those matters are resolved."

Does this mean that the Trust can now publish?

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 20:33 - Jul 31 with 1952 viewsThacks_Rabbits

It’s interesting to see that I got 9 down votes (riddler votes every post of mine down so is irrelevant) and 2 up posts, for questioning the decision making of the board, that’s no issue as it is opinions.

Will try and answer the points of those that have questioned my opinion, and be respectful as I think they are fair questions.

With regard to the 12 points admin etc point. We are currently spending a lot doing the pitch, new turnstiles system etc. It makes sense to do that with the time we have available, but why is a loan necessary to do it from the council. I fully support being frugal currently as things are uncertain and getting more so, if we needed a loan until a payment for a sell on comes in, then just say it and be open. Good PR for the council and us, and we know what is then going on, at least to a point.

With regards to Chaffs well made point re furlough.

I am not privy to the overall wage bill, staff wages, loss of corporate income, crowd income etc. But I would absolutely shocked if the income lost is more than the amount we are saving via furlough. In fact once the released players come off the wage bill, assuming we continue to get solidarity and efl payments, financially we will be far better off. That’s not even taking into account tax breaks etc.

My background before retiring was corporate finance and financial advice, so I am not just saying this, although obviously without full details I have to use experience and general knowledge of multiple industries.

I have praised DB for some of his recent actions, the way the Henderson farce was dealt with was spot on, as have been numerous other actions, but we still have to question!

Who is in charge at boardroom level? Is our chairman interested? Why did CD leave and cash in his shares? What does the American investor do and want? We need to ask and be told, not just be mushrooms.

I question some of the PR skills at the club and the continuous lack of openness to fans, it’s been going on for too long, so despite the down votes, I stand by all I said.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 20:36]

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 20:38 - Jul 31 with 1935 viewsrochdaleriddler

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 20:33 - Jul 31 by Thacks_Rabbits

It’s interesting to see that I got 9 down votes (riddler votes every post of mine down so is irrelevant) and 2 up posts, for questioning the decision making of the board, that’s no issue as it is opinions.

Will try and answer the points of those that have questioned my opinion, and be respectful as I think they are fair questions.

With regard to the 12 points admin etc point. We are currently spending a lot doing the pitch, new turnstiles system etc. It makes sense to do that with the time we have available, but why is a loan necessary to do it from the council. I fully support being frugal currently as things are uncertain and getting more so, if we needed a loan until a payment for a sell on comes in, then just say it and be open. Good PR for the council and us, and we know what is then going on, at least to a point.

I am not privy to the overall wage bill, staff wages, loss of corporate income, crowd income etc. But I would absolutely shocked if the income lost is more than the amount we are saving via furlough. In fact once the released players come off the wage bill, assuming we continue to get solidarity and efl payments, financially we will be far better off. That’s not even taking into account tax breaks etc.

My background before retiring was corporate finance and financial advice, so I am not just saying this, although obviously without full details I have to use experience and general knowledge of multiple industries.

I have praised DB for some of his recent actions, the way the Henderson farce was dealt with was spot on, as have been numerous other actions, but we still have to question!

Who is in charge at boardroom level? Is our chairman interested? Why did CD leave and cash in his shares? What does the American investor do and want? We need to ask and be told, not just be mushrooms.

I question some of the PR skills at the club and the continuous lack of openness to fans, it’s been going on for too long, so despite the down votes, I stand by all I said.

No one cares that you worked in corporate finance, it isn’t relevant. I don’t downvote all your posts only the ones where you spout nonsense or racist rubbish oh yeah that is most of them tbf

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 20:59 - Jul 31 with 1910 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 20:38 - Jul 31 by rochdaleriddler

No one cares that you worked in corporate finance, it isn’t relevant. I don’t downvote all your posts only the ones where you spout nonsense or racist rubbish oh yeah that is most of them tbf

It generally is relevant to most companies riddler, but don’t let your mouses brain get in the way of your crocodile mouth!

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 21:02 - Jul 31 with 1904 viewsjudd

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 20:33 - Jul 31 by Thacks_Rabbits

I think your use of the word "rotten" in the header was not particularly supported in your subsequent post.

There is plenty to question.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 21:09]

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 21:15 - Jul 31 with 1870 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 21:02 - Jul 31 by judd

I think your use of the word "rotten" in the header was not particularly supported in your subsequent post.

There is plenty to question.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 21:09]

Would have expected most to get the Hamlet reference Judd, sure you did, but maybe others did not.

It’s all opinions anyway, if anyone knows more than 50% of what goes on behind the scenes I would be shocked 👍

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 21:22 - Jul 31 with 1852 viewsjudd

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 21:15 - Jul 31 by Thacks_Rabbits

Would have expected most to get the Hamlet reference Judd, sure you did, but maybe others did not.

It’s all opinions anyway, if anyone knows more than 50% of what goes on behind the scenes I would be shocked 👍

Nope. I always thought Shakespeare painful and dull.

It's not so much the knowing as the believing what's going on.

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 21:23 - Jul 31 with 1846 viewsrochdaleriddler

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 20:59 - Jul 31 by Thacks_Rabbits

It generally is relevant to most companies riddler, but don’t let your mouses brain get in the way of your crocodile mouth!

It’s not relevant to me. I cba responding to your petty tedious insults

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 21:28 - Jul 31 with 1826 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 21:23 - Jul 31 by rochdaleriddler

It’s not relevant to me. I cba responding to your petty tedious insults

I never said it was relevant to you, I said most companies.

As I said mouse and crocodile sweet cheeks!

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 21:39 - Jul 31 with 1794 viewsrochdaleriddler

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 21:28 - Jul 31 by Thacks_Rabbits

I never said it was relevant to you, I said most companies.

As I said mouse and crocodile sweet cheeks!

In your original yawnathon you made no reference to ‘companies’ you just tried to big up your background , which is why I said it is irrelevant. Anyway if I get into a nuanced debate with you, you will no doubt report me for abuse (again) so post whatever you like on this matter , I’m not interested, and I’m sure you have a KKK meeting to attend

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 21:40 - Jul 31 with 1790 viewsjudd

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 21:39 - Jul 31 by rochdaleriddler

In your original yawnathon you made no reference to ‘companies’ you just tried to big up your background , which is why I said it is irrelevant. Anyway if I get into a nuanced debate with you, you will no doubt report me for abuse (again) so post whatever you like on this matter , I’m not interested, and I’m sure you have a KKK meeting to attend

Every post gets reported as abuse and has been for quite some time.

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 21:58 - Jul 31 with 1761 viewsrochdaleriddler

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 21:40 - Jul 31 by judd

Every post gets reported as abuse and has been for quite some time.

Every one? Surely must be same person who should be told to stop surely

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 21:59 - Jul 31 with 1760 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 21:39 - Jul 31 by rochdaleriddler

In my original post I make no reference to my background, only in a reasoned response to some fair comments.

Again your factually incorrect and stoop to low level racist slander, which I would take further if I cared.

Your a very sad chap that says he won’t respond, then does, getting things wrong again.

For the record I have never reported you for anything, or anyone else for that matter.

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:04 - Jul 31 with 1736 viewsjudd

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 21:58 - Jul 31 by rochdaleriddler

Every one? Surely must be same person who should be told to stop surely

Yeah everyone. Admin are inundated, poor lambs.

There’s a little symbol bottom right corner that shows the post has been reported, so report this you sad fook.

Not you, riddler

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:12 - Jul 31 with 1715 viewsrochdaleriddler

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 21:59 - Jul 31 by Thacks_Rabbits

In my original post I make no reference to my background, only in a reasoned response to some fair comments.

Again your factually incorrect and stoop to low level racist slander, which I would take further if I cared.

Your a very sad chap that says he won’t respond, then does, getting things wrong again.

For the record I have never reported you for anything, or anyone else for that matter.

“My background before retiring was corporate finance and financial advice, so I am not just saying this, although obviously without full details I have to use experience and general knowledge of multiple industries. Your words
“ take it further ! . You post racist comments, a forum member was so disgusted they said they were leaving the forum. Night night poppet

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:17 - Jul 31 with 1699 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:12 - Jul 31 by rochdaleriddler

“My background before retiring was corporate finance and financial advice, so I am not just saying this, although obviously without full details I have to use experience and general knowledge of multiple industries. Your words
“ take it further ! . You post racist comments, a forum member was so disgusted they said they were leaving the forum. Night night poppet

That was in a response you tool

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:18 - Jul 31 with 1696 viewsD_Alien

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:12 - Jul 31 by rochdaleriddler

Without reference to the points raised in the preceding posts, i'd like to ask if you're only able to post with any confidence on a Friday evening after a few bevvies?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:26 - Jul 31 with 1674 viewsJames1980

Right STOP IT NOW. This is the sort of behaviour we expect from the top secret board.
TR has raised some valid concerns about the clubs finances imo. Perhaps the title and some of the content have irked some but the overall message is an important one. There are certainly questions to be asked.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 23:30 - Jul 31 with 1610 viewsLAClues

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:26 - Jul 31 by James1980

Right STOP IT NOW. This is the sort of behaviour we expect from the top secret board.
TR has raised some valid concerns about the clubs finances imo. Perhaps the title and some of the content have irked some but the overall message is an important one. There are certainly questions to be asked.

Way to go James.

You let OUT that steam.
Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 08:42 - Aug 1 with 1526 viewsrochdaleriddler

Something is rotten in the state of Rochdale A.F.C. on 22:18 - Jul 31 by D_Alien

Without reference to the points raised in the preceding posts, i'd like to ask if you're only able to post with any confidence on a Friday evening after a few bevvies?

Ah that old chestnut. Nope I’m able to post anytime, I try to avoid being wound up by people such as yourself having digs all the time. Anyway just managed to crawl out of bed , almost completely debilitated from drinking 2 joker pale ales last night. On sale at Aldi £5 for 4 very nice. You’re welcome

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024