Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carabao Cup 16:52 - Aug 24 with 2451 viewsSuddenLad

Match switched to Huddersfield to give the pitch a chance.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Carabao Cup on 17:02 - Aug 24 with 2424 viewsNordenBoysLoveGravy

Yet in the same amount of time since the last game was played Tranmere have done more extensive work on their pitch and already played two friendlies on it, poor call doing the work so late.
Carabao Cup on 17:09 - Aug 24 with 2402 viewsSuddenLad

Maybe Tranmere haven't suffered the extremes of weather and rainfall that was seen at Spotland. Some of the rainfall here has been of Biblical proportions. Nowt the contractors can do about that.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Carabao Cup on 17:14 - Aug 24 with 2373 viewsTVOS1907

Carabao Cup on 17:02 - Aug 24 by NordenBoysLoveGravy

Yet in the same amount of time since the last game was played Tranmere have done more extensive work on their pitch and already played two friendlies on it, poor call doing the work so late.

I'm struggling to see the relevance of what another club have done.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Carabao Cup on 17:17 - Aug 24 with 2359 views442Dale

And with matches behind closed doors at this stage, it really doesn’t matter.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Carabao Cup on 17:19 - Aug 24 with 2352 viewsTVOS1907

Carabao Cup on 17:17 - Aug 24 by 442Dale

And with matches behind closed doors at this stage, it really doesn’t matter.

It does for those with axes to grind.

Carabao Cup on 17:46 - Aug 24 with 2261 viewsNordenBoysLoveGravy

Difficult to say for certain as like yourself I don’t live on the Wirral, weather could of been beefed, worse or the same. Either way they started in April, we started much later.
Carabao Cup on 17:48 - Aug 24 with 2244 viewsTVOS1907

Carabao Cup on 17:46 - Aug 24 by NordenBoysLoveGravy

Difficult to say for certain as like yourself I don’t live on the Wirral, weather could of been beefed, worse or the same. Either way they started in April, we started much later.

They also made 40 staff redundant, but we didn't.

Why are you comparing what two different clubs did?

Carabao Cup on 17:50 - Aug 24 with 2242 viewsNordenBoysLoveGravy

Don’t struggle, it’s simple. Tranmere did the work in good time and therefore don’t have to reverse their fixture, meaning no extra travel costs will be incurred.

Good organisation on their part.
Login to get fewer ads

Carabao Cup on 17:51 - Aug 24 with 2232 viewsNordenBoysLoveGravy

Carabao Cup on 17:48 - Aug 24 by TVOS1907

They also made 40 staff redundant, but we didn't.

Why are you comparing what two different clubs did?

Because if we did there’d be no one working at Dale, clearly on that side of things they were over staffed beyond their means.
Carabao Cup on 17:53 - Aug 24 with 2221 viewsTVOS1907

Carabao Cup on 17:51 - Aug 24 by NordenBoysLoveGravy

Because if we did there’d be no one working at Dale, clearly on that side of things they were over staffed beyond their means.

So what's the significance of Tranmere having done their pitch earlier than us, especially as we don't realistically need it until 19th September?

Carabao Cup on 18:06 - Aug 24 with 2176 viewsJames1980

I'm sure there is a much more reasonable explanation than the club were disorganised. But as said what does it really matter in the scheme of things? We will have a quality new pitch with decent drainage ready for the first home game of the season. We won't be missing out on home advantage because there will be no fans at the game and if we can't afford travel costs for an additional game things are worse than any of us could imagine.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Carabao Cup on 19:46 - Aug 24 with 1973 viewsDalenet

Carabao Cup on 17:50 - Aug 24 by NordenBoysLoveGravy

Don’t struggle, it’s simple. Tranmere did the work in good time and therefore don’t have to reverse their fixture, meaning no extra travel costs will be incurred.

Interesting. How were they arguing that they wanted the League to be completed right up until June if they had dug their pitch up? Seems strange to me that they would do something so irresponsible that would be outside of EFL rules? Nobody could do anything with their pitches until a decision to end the season had been made
Carabao Cup on 20:22 - Aug 24 with 1851 viewsTVOS1907

Carabao Cup on 17:50 - Aug 24 by NordenBoysLoveGravy

On the other hand, we now won't have the expense of staging the game at our ground, which would still incur matchday costs, even without a crowd, so maybe it's better financially (as well as for the protection of the pitch) to move it to Huddersfield.

Carabao Cup on 13:55 - Sep 1 with 1447 viewsboromat

As it stands I think the team picks itself at the moment. The only choices are McNulty or McShane and then whether you stick with experience or add some pace with Tavares or Baah. I've assumed Rathbone has gone or isn't available.

Bazunu
McLaughlin
O'Connell
McNulty
Keohane
Lund
Ryan
Morley
Dooley
Newby
Done

Lynch
McShane
Tavares
Baah
Bradley
Hopper
Dunne (Although he's been missing in pre-season so could be Mialkowski instead.)

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024