Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
T' cricket 07:23 - Jan 11 with 16387 viewsD_Alien

Anyone else been following the Indian tour of Australia?

Three great matches so far, the third test just ended with India 330-5 after being asked to make 407. Looked on at one point before Pant was out for 97, but just 3 wickets taken on the final day

All set now for the decider, and Rahane's captaincy has turned it around since the first test debacle under Kohli

England due to start in Sri Lanka soon, too

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

T' cricket on 11:04 - Feb 24 with 1261 viewsD_Alien

Up against it

Crawley was playing beautifully considering he's not had a bat for a few weeks but looks like there's always going to be a ball with your name on it

Looks like we'll be bowling this evening. What happens today will determine whether we're still in with a chance but we need at least one big partnership then some early wickets

[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 11:05]

T' cricket on 11:25 - Feb 24 with 1232 viewsDaleiLama

T' cricket on 11:04 - Feb 24 by D_Alien

Up against it

Crawley was playing beautifully considering he's not had a bat for a few weeks but looks like there's always going to be a ball with your name on it

Looks like we'll be bowling this evening. What happens today will determine whether we're still in with a chance but we need at least one big partnership then some early wickets

[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 11:05]

Think you'll be watching Dale on Saturday afternoon at this rate?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

T' cricket on 11:35 - Feb 24 with 1227 viewsNigeriamark

T' cricket on 11:25 - Feb 24 by DaleiLama

FFS. Crawley & Root out 15 mins before lunch & 2 more 10 minutes after. Actually missed the last 2 wickets because I was making a coffee & sandwich. Thank god I wasn't cooking a meal otherwise we may have been bowling by the time I got back

May regret not having the extra spinner because it's doing a lot already
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 11:36]
T' cricket on 11:38 - Feb 24 with 1222 viewsIOMDale

T' cricket on 11:35 - Feb 24 by Nigeriamark

FFS. Crawley & Root out 15 mins before lunch & 2 more 10 minutes after. Actually missed the last 2 wickets because I was making a coffee & sandwich. Thank god I wasn't cooking a meal otherwise we may have been bowling by the time I got back

Think 160 would look like a 'decent' score from this position.

Easy to be wise after the event but not selecting Bess isn't looking like the correct call right now.

UTDNFS

T' cricket on 11:48 - Feb 24 with 1204 viewsD_Alien

T' cricket on 11:25 - Feb 24 by DaleiLama

Aye

Seven down now before we've got three figures on the board

Dunno about the match coming to a boil, my blood might...

T' cricket on 11:49 - Feb 24 with 1198 viewsD_Alien

T' cricket on 11:35 - Feb 24 by Nigeriamark

And Root took a nasty blow on his spinning hand too

T' cricket on 12:03 - Feb 24 with 1181 viewsIOMDale

Seems my target of 160 was wildly optimistic.

UTDNFS

T' cricket on 12:07 - Feb 24 with 1174 viewsD_Alien

T' cricket on 12:03 - Feb 24 by IOMDale

Seems my target of 160 was wildly optimistic.

Just wait till India are batting, it'll be a 460 track

Login to get fewer ads

T' cricket on 10:23 - Feb 25 with 1065 viewsIOMDale

T' cricket on 12:07 - Feb 24 by D_Alien

Just wait till India are batting, it'll be a 460 track

The fact that India have struggled just as much goes to show the wicket is, putting it kindly, unpredictable.

UTDNFS

T' cricket on 10:48 - Feb 25 with 1047 viewsDaleiLama

T' cricket on 10:23 - Feb 25 by IOMDale

The fact that India have struggled just as much goes to show the wicket is, putting it kindly, unpredictable.

If we go for it with the bat now, we have every chance of coming out on top in the 4th innings when literally anything could happen.

#nofear

T' cricket on 10:48 - Feb 25 with 1042 viewsD_Alien

T' cricket on 10:23 - Feb 25 by IOMDale

I don't believe this

After yesterday's performance, I decided not to bother watching and have a doze instead. Just woken up, expecting India to be 195-4 or summat...

Roooooooooooooooot!

T' cricket on 10:54 - Feb 25 with 1032 viewsIOMDale

T' cricket on 10:48 - Feb 25 by D_Alien

I don't believe this

After yesterday's performance, I decided not to bother watching and have a doze instead. Just woken up, expecting India to be 195-4 or summat...

Roooooooooooooooot!

I only bothered because India lost three yesterday but still expected them to put on at least 250.

Who'd have had Root down for a five-for?! Apparently the first five-for by an England captain since Bob Willis in 1983 too.

Let's hope Sibley and Bairstow can stick around a bit longer this time.

UTDNFS

T' cricket on 11:01 - Feb 25 with 1024 viewsNigeriamark

T' cricket on 10:48 - Feb 25 by D_Alien

I don't believe this

Roooooooooooooooot!

I went into the office early intending to then work from home in the afternoon. Got home & they were 9 down. Like you, I couldn't believe it. Looking forward to the next session, will probably be the make or break. Knock off the deficit with only 1 down ( or even 0) and it's game on

concentration & application needed
T' cricket on 11:03 - Feb 25 with 1022 viewsIOMDale

Erm... Not the start we wanted.

UTDNFS

T' cricket on 11:07 - Feb 25 with 1018 viewsIOMDale

What is going on here?! Imagine the worst possible start for England and multiply it twice over.

Over to you, Joe.... Again.

UTDNFS

T' cricket on 11:09 - Feb 25 with 1016 viewsNigeriamark

T' cricket on 11:03 - Feb 25 by IOMDale

Erm... Not the start we wanted.

I said 1 wicket down in 1 session FFS

What a ridiculous shot by Bairstow his first ball which he got away with. Forget my concentration & application comment !!!
T' cricket on 11:12 - Feb 25 with 1015 viewsIOMDale

T' cricket on 11:09 - Feb 25 by Nigeriamark

I said 1 wicket down in 1 session FFS

What a ridiculous shot by Bairstow his first ball which he got away with. Forget my concentration & application comment !!!

Bairstow's second attempt was unforgivable after just getting away with the first seconds earlier. It's like the batsmen don't trust their own defence.

And now Ashwin is introduced. Brilliant.

UTDNFS

T' cricket on 11:41 - Feb 25 with 982 viewsD_Alien

T' cricket on 11:12 - Feb 25 by IOMDale

Bairstow's second attempt was unforgivable after just getting away with the first seconds earlier. It's like the batsmen don't trust their own defence.

And now Ashwin is introduced. Brilliant.

This is now beyond farcical, and bringing test cricket into disrepute

I don't blame the England lads for having a 'calculated' smack at the ball which, as we saw with the ball which bounced ridiculously on Root the previous over, has become nigh on unplayable - on day two

Then there's the disintegrated footholes on day one...

India have built a magnificent stadium around a middin that should never be allowed to stage a game of cricket again

Only another test and 5 T20s to go there, then

T' cricket on 11:54 - Feb 25 with 949 viewsNigeriamark

T' cricket on 11:41 - Feb 25 by D_Alien

This is now beyond farcical, and bringing test cricket into disrepute

I don't blame the England lads for having a 'calculated' smack at the ball which, as we saw with the ball which bounced ridiculously on Root the previous over, has become nigh on unplayable - on day two

Then there's the disintegrated footholes on day one...

India have built a magnificent stadium around a middin that should never be allowed to stage a game of cricket again

Only another test and 5 T20s to go there, then

Definitely not a test wicket but some excuse in that it's the first one ever there. Brilliant stadium especially when you see the arial shots. On my list of sports grounds I would want to visit

No excuse for Bairstow's first shot though.

At least we have a 11 run lead now with 3 down but you feel it is in Root, Stokes, Pope & Woakes hands now. Need 150 lead probably via 2 big partnerships

Edit: Should be a pundit, Swann just repeated my 4 batsmen above comment
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 11:56]
T' cricket on 12:11 - Feb 25 with 929 viewsIOMDale

T' cricket on 11:54 - Feb 25 by Nigeriamark

Definitely not a test wicket but some excuse in that it's the first one ever there. Brilliant stadium especially when you see the arial shots. On my list of sports grounds I would want to visit

No excuse for Bairstow's first shot though.

At least we have a 11 run lead now with 3 down but you feel it is in Root, Stokes, Pope & Woakes hands now. Need 150 lead probably via 2 big partnerships

Edit: Should be a pundit, Swann just repeated my 4 batsmen above comment
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 11:56]

I wish the batsmen themselves followed your wishes! Stokes gone, looking very grim.

The stadium, from the aerial shots, reminds me a little of the Nou Camp. As we've said, a crying shame it's playing host to such a poor wicket but hopefully that will get fixed (though sadly not in time to help England).

UTDNFS

T' cricket on 12:17 - Feb 25 with 918 viewsIOMDale

No Root, no hope. India may not be chasing triple figures at this rate.

UTDNFS

T' cricket on 12:27 - Feb 25 with 894 viewsDorsetDale

T' cricket on 22:38 - Feb 23 by D_Alien

Looking forward to this

The pink ball should favour us if we're bowling in the evening

Civilised start time in the UK, and if the game's coming to the boil on Saturday afternoon it'll be no contest between Ahmedabad and Spotland

Forget Saturday, at this rate you're going to need a plan b for tomorrow!

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

T' cricket on 12:33 - Feb 25 with 884 viewsD_Alien

T' cricket on 12:27 - Feb 25 by DorsetDale

Forget Saturday, at this rate you're going to need a plan b for tomorrow!

Aye, looks like it'll be plan bbm

T' cricket on 12:40 - Feb 25 with 864 viewsDaleiLama

What's the record for no. of wickets falling in first 2 days on a Test wicket and could it be broken today?

Same question for a game played on a car park?

T' cricket on 12:55 - Feb 25 with 847 viewsD_Alien

T' cricket on 12:40 - Feb 25 by DaleiLama

What's the record for no. of wickets falling in first 2 days on a Test wicket and could it be broken today?

Same question for a game played on a car park?

Went to this one at Headingley:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/west-indies-tour-of-england-and-scotland-200

Over on second afternoon. We'd booked into our hotel for three nights so happily spent the rest of the day getting bladdered in Leeds centre

Edit: but with it being an innings victory, the current match will likely beat it for 'number of wickets'. Dunno if it'll be a record
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 12:58]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024