Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Agent fees 13:50 - Apr 1 with 1702 viewsJames1980

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/19203459.swindon-town-spend-21-632-age

We spent just over £25K on agent fees

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Agent fees on 13:57 - Apr 1 with 1668 viewsDalenet

No surprise that the clubs that took the lions share of the Premier League hand out were the ones spending vast sums on agents fees.

Not sure how we can pay £25k and plead poverty either - I am guessing that was to get Humphreys. And Wigan, in administration, spent money too. How does that work?

The whole game is corrupt
Agent fees on 14:06 - Apr 1 with 1659 viewsJames1980

Agent fees on 13:57 - Apr 1 by Dalenet

No surprise that the clubs that took the lions share of the Premier League hand out were the ones spending vast sums on agents fees.

Not sure how we can pay £25k and plead poverty either - I am guessing that was to get Humphreys. And Wigan, in administration, spent money too. How does that work?

The whole game is corrupt

Those clubs should have to pay back that money before they can buy any more players.

What generally is percentage an agent gets of a transfer fee? Didn't we pay fees for other players as well as Humfphrieys?

Agent fees on 14:31 - Apr 1 with 1607 viewsncfc_chalky

Forest spent £2m+ on agents fees,only five other clubs in the championship spent more

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Agent fees on 14:38 - Apr 1 with 1596 viewsJames1980

Agent fees on 14:31 - Apr 1 by ncfc_chalky

Forest spent £2m+ on agents fees,only five other clubs in the championship spent more

Come on Chalky use their proper name. 'Two time European cup winners Forest'

Agent fees on 15:18 - Apr 1 with 1520 viewsDalenet

Agent fees on 14:06 - Apr 1 by James1980

Those clubs should have to pay back that money before they can buy any more players.

What generally is percentage an agent gets of a transfer fee? Didn't we pay fees for other players as well as Humfphrieys?

James they don't need to pay it back. The first £30m was handed out based on lost income and was a gift. We got £325k I see to recall and Sunderland £2.2m for example. This was supposed to help cover lost income so that clubs could survive. To find that some of them have spent £500k on agents fees is just wrong. But that is the game nowadays and we can't play (in more ways than one).

I have no idea what the agents take as percentages. It will be 100% more than is needed
Agent fees on 17:18 - Apr 1 with 1382 viewsboromat

The fees paid by Salford are crazy for that level. Bolton also spending quite a bit.

[Post edited 1 Apr 2021 17:19]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Agent fees on 19:40 - Apr 1 with 1236 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Agent fees on 14:06 - Apr 1 by James1980

Agent fees typically between 10 - 15% on higher level deals James, but for a free transfer for example it could be anything (eg Henderson’s deal)

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Agent fees on 20:18 - Apr 1 with 1186 viewsJames1980

Agent fees on 19:40 - Apr 1 by Thacks_Rabbits

Agent fees typically between 10 - 15% on higher level deals James, but for a free transfer for example it could be anything (eg Henderson’s deal)

So potentially Humps et al cost between £150,000 and £250,000

Login to get fewer ads

Agent fees on 12:09 - Apr 2 with 973 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Agent fees on 20:18 - Apr 1 by James1980

So potentially Humps et al cost between £150,000 and £250,000

I have no idea tbh James but generally I don’t consider agents fees for us a big issue, they are often just facilitating a deal and maybe get a couple of hundred quid for doing things like checking crb is updated and driving licence address changed and form filling.

Agents touting our players is another issue.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024