Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lund leaves Dale. 11:30 - Jun 26 with 8503 viewsSuddenLad

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Lund leaves Dale. on 09:54 - Jun 29 with 2541 viewsnordenblue

Lund leaves Dale. on 09:43 - Jun 29 by electricblue

If his knee is that bad why offer him a new contract!
Should have just let him go, makes no difference now though as he will be somebody elses problem if he gets a new club.....

Thats the risk/reward of such players, Gary Jones was the same towards the end of his time with us, its alleged he could hardly train due to an underlying injury,(ankle?? not sure) he didnt do too shabby after leaving us regardless of the risks attached to signing him
Lund leaves Dale. on 11:57 - Jun 29 with 2377 viewsBrierls

Disappointing but not unexpected.

Matty Lund has been a great player for us over two spells. However, as others have said, his injury record isn't great so that has to be factored into terms offered. We're not in a position to be offering wages approaching top earner at the club to somebody who is going to miss periods of the season.

My heart says we were due a bit more loyalty having given him an opportunity of regular first-team football following a difficult spell at Scunthorpe. My head says this is his last opportunity for a 'goalscoring midfielder near his peak' contract which will be best for him and his family.

I'd like to see him stay in League One, but suspect we may see him play against us for a League Two team who like to throw the cash about e.g. Salford, Tranmere, Mansfield or Bradford (if he's liked following his loan spell a few years back).

Thanks for the good times! All you need is Lund.
Lund leaves Dale. on 17:53 - Jul 1 with 1960 viewsandyk

Salford it is, official
Lund leaves Dale. on 18:14 - Jul 1 with 1843 viewsD_Dale

Lund leaves Dale. on 17:53 - Jul 1 by andyk

Salford it is, official

Apparently, only a one-year contract, but presumably with a good amount of cash more than Dale could offer.
Lund leaves Dale. on 18:36 - Jul 1 with 1721 viewsTVOS1907

Lund leaves Dale. on 18:14 - Jul 1 by D_Dale

Apparently, only a one-year contract, but presumably with a good amount of cash more than Dale could offer.

Obviously and once they came calling, presumably as soon as they knew his contract was up or when Henderson told them, he was always going to go there.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Lund leaves Dale. on 18:59 - Jul 1 with 1586 viewsYadHoDale

Don't begrudge him moving on for more money, but would rather it was to a "proper" club (of which there are 21 others in L2, although I doubt Sutton, Crawley or Hartlepool would be splashing the cash). Could be worse though (Harroga£e).

Good luck, Lundy - see you in a year... :)
Lund leaves Dale. on 01:57 - Jul 2 with 1149 viewsDiddyDave

Bazuna off as well....to Portsmouth.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024