Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WooHoo ! Pick this one out of the net! 21:12 - Jul 19 with 9074 viewsSandyman

Incredible work by all concerned!
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2021/07/trust-to-buy-50000-shares-in-the-club/
WooHoo ! Pick this one out of the net! on 10:14 - Jul 20 with 2810 views1907

WooHoo ! Pick this one out of the net! on 09:33 - Jul 20 by SuddenLad

The Trust could now look into producing a fund-raising commemorative mug, with this image on it (carriages on the reverse) as a permanent reminder to everyone that we were not to be fooled with.

I hope he now repeats it many times when he looks back on his behaviour during his stay at Spotland.

The team should now run out to The Who, 'Won't Get Fooled Again'.

I would happily buy ten
WooHoo ! Pick this one out of the net! on 10:16 - Jul 20 with 2786 viewsoff2div1

Is there anymore shares that we can get hold of. I am sure there are lots of Daley's that could buy a few quids worth and make the club a true fans lead club.
WooHoo ! Pick this one out of the net! on 10:58 - Jul 20 with 2641 viewsncfc_chalky

'We're no mug' mugs would be good sellers if the money was going to the Trust,was the Sunderland mugs profitable?

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

WooHoo ! Pick this one out of the net! on 11:00 - Jul 20 with 2634 viewssxdale

Firstly fantastic news congratulations to all concerned who made this happen.

The question now is what sort of club do we as Dale fans want. Are we happy with a fan/trust controlled club who realistically will struggle to achieve more than league 1 football or are we prepared to sell a controlling stake to an outside party for future investment?
I would rather it be the former, would be more than happy to purchase a few £k worth of any new share issue if possible and would leave them to the trust when pushing up them daisy's!
After all we are the birthplace of the co-op, seems appropriate to me.

As an aside, we have a thread on the bury board, mostly positive for us and lamenting their own pathetic organisation, forever useless.
WooHoo ! Pick this one out of the net! on 11:05 - Jul 20 with 2586 views100notout

WooHoo ! Pick this one out of the net! on 10:58 - Jul 20 by ncfc_chalky

'We're no mug' mugs would be good sellers if the money was going to the Trust,was the Sunderland mugs profitable?

Yes I believe they were profitable Chalky lad - about thre'pence ha'penny in total

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

WooHoo ! Pick this one out of the net! on 11:11 - Jul 20 with 2552 viewsStourdale

WooHoo ! Pick this one out of the net! on 10:16 - Jul 20 by off2div1

Is there anymore shares that we can get hold of. I am sure there are lots of Daley's that could buy a few quids worth and make the club a true fans lead club.

I would suggest fans hold onto their money for now and wait to see what happens with a proposed share issue. It is unlikely that any other private seller would be gracious enough to put their sale profits back into the club.
What AK has done is massive for the future of the club, if Curran/Rose had managed to get to the 40% and any future share issue wasn't fully subscribed, it could have led to them eeking towards a majority shareholding. This in my opinion is now a dead duck.
What you have with any future share issue is a group of existing holders who will likely not want to pursue new purchases. This in itself will allow people with the club truly at heart to increase shareholdings and dilute any control the bad apples have.
WooHoo ! Pick this one out of the net! on 11:19 - Jul 20 with 2531 viewsjudd

WooHoo ! Pick this one out of the net! on 11:05 - Jul 20 by 100notout

Yes I believe they were profitable Chalky lad - about thre'pence ha'penny in total

Sold all 50 at £3.50 each.

Poll: What is it to be then?

WooHoo ! Pick this one out of the net! on 11:21 - Jul 20 with 2524 viewsJames1980

Mark Hodkinson: Inside the Boardroom 21st Mar 2021 13:03
Vital reading for all Dale fans — in a bid to help better understand the inner workings of football clubs, and Rochdale AFC in particular, we’ve asked journalist, author and Dale supporter, Mark Hodkinson, to write a short series of articles on the subject. He starts today with a general outlining of how clubs are run. 0

Maybe one or more of those shareholders with shares in the thousands, referred to in the article, might be prepared to do similar with a portion of their holding.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2021 11:38]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

WooHoo ! Pick this one out of the net! on 11:43 - Jul 20 with 2412 viewsDaleiLama

WooHoo ! Pick this one out of the net! on 11:19 - Jul 20 by judd

Sold all 50 at £3.50 each.

And I saw 49 of them still in the original box at a car boot up for sale as a job lot for a quid.

No haggling - fixed price.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:13 - Jul 20 with 1939 viewskel

WooHoo ! Pick this one out of the net! on 02:18 - Jul 20 by jokerthief

Absolutely great news, now just stop the players kneeling for the racist BLM people.
And we will be back in dozens even hundreds.

Fingers crossed it continues then
[Post edited 20 Jul 2021 14:13]
WooHoo ! Pick this one out of the net! on 15:51 - Jul 20 with 1705 viewselectricblue

I think if supporters made donations to the Trust so that they can purchase more shares would be a good thing......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

WooHoo ! Pick this one out of the net! on 16:18 - Jul 20 with 1610 views49thseason

The Trust will now have a more than legitimate seat at the table and is fulfilling its stated raison d'etre of playing an increasing role in the affairs of the club. Continuing to garner an ever larger shareholding has to be an ongoing part of its remit, whether this is achieved by fundraising or via legacies. Its beginning to seem we have dodged a bullet but there are many more people out there who may try to do us harm. This club must now become further embedded in the community it represents and that community needs to consider it a vital element in their daily lives. The Dale army has become motivated, now is the time to turn motivation into actions that continue to preserve and grow the club in a sustainable direction.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024