Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bentley Out? 19:01 - Feb 4 with 11272 viewsblackdogblue

Seen a few posts where it is mentioned he needs to go… also KH being mentioned in the last week or so…

Will leave this to James to do a poll 😎

Yes, he inherited a “team” from Stockdale & ins / outs was only a week ago.. settle in or are games running out..

As a fans led club “at the moment”… do we have faith in him as a Manager???

Talk of within as well.. not sure where as not smaller JM..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Bentley Out? on 19:12 - Feb 4 with 4722 viewsNigelWatson

No point in doing a poll. Jim will just get his Scouse mates to bomb the poll with fake support for him .
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 19:13]
Bentley Out? on 19:14 - Feb 4 with 4707 viewsNigelWatson

Bentley's track record as a manger is appalling. How did he manage to get the job? Yes, I've heard Jim's salary is on the low side, but the decision to appoint him could prove to be the most expensive mistake in Rochdale's history.
Bentley Out? on 19:14 - Feb 4 with 4694 viewsD_Alien

Bentley Out? on 19:12 - Feb 4 by NigelWatson

No point in doing a poll. Jim will just get his Scouse mates to bomb the poll with fake support for him .
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 19:13]

Prejudiced rubbish

No need for a poll, but even less for that sort of crap

I've been critical of Bentley today, but let's keep any criticism civil, unless you have an ulterior motive

[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 19:16]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bentley Out? on 19:22 - Feb 4 with 4632 viewsJames1980

Can we afford a change of manager? Wouldn't this be akin to what happened with Stockdale allow him to bring targets in and then sack him. Ok Stockdale had a few more games with his new squad.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Bentley Out? on 19:23 - Feb 4 with 4634 viewsNigelWatson

When he took over at Morecambe the home gate was 2 500. By the time Jim left, home support was regularly below 1 000. With Jim gone, Morecambe got promoted to L1 and their home gate is over 4 000. You can be abusive if you want, but Bentley needs to go now or (1) Dale will be relegated this year. (2) If Jim is still in charge next year, he'll take Dale down into National League North, (3) crowds will crash because his football is boring and negative. (4) Dale will go bust like Bury.

Hendo and McNulty to take over till the end of the season. The squad isn't THAT bad!
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 19:33]
Bentley Out? on 19:24 - Feb 4 with 4622 viewsNigelWatson

Have you looked at Bentley's managerial record? If not, you should do.
Bentley Out? on 19:25 - Feb 4 with 4605 viewsJames1980

Bentley Out? on 19:23 - Feb 4 by NigelWatson

When he took over at Morecambe the home gate was 2 500. By the time Jim left, home support was regularly below 1 000. With Jim gone, Morecambe got promoted to L1 and their home gate is over 4 000. You can be abusive if you want, but Bentley needs to go now or (1) Dale will be relegated this year. (2) If Jim is still in charge next year, he'll take Dale down into National League North, (3) crowds will crash because his football is boring and negative. (4) Dale will go bust like Bury.

Hendo and McNulty to take over till the end of the season. The squad isn't THAT bad!
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 19:33]

Why did he last around 8 years as Morecambe manager if he was so awful?

Bentley Out? on 19:29 - Feb 4 with 4573 viewsRippDale

Bentley Out? on 19:22 - Feb 4 by James1980

Can we afford a change of manager? Wouldn't this be akin to what happened with Stockdale allow him to bring targets in and then sack him. Ok Stockdale had a few more games with his new squad.

We couldn't afford to bring a striker in, so there's no chance of paying a management team out
Login to get fewer ads

Bentley Out? on 19:30 - Feb 4 with 4541 views442Dale

The same poster had a go at Coleman before not posting for a decade.

The debate should be a sensible one amongst fans who can analyse properly.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bentley Out? on 19:31 - Feb 4 with 4556 viewsblackdogblue

Bentley Out? on 19:14 - Feb 4 by D_Alien

Prejudiced rubbish

No need for a poll, but even less for that sort of crap

I've been critical of Bentley today, but let's keep any criticism civil, unless you have an ulterior motive

[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 19:16]

Have no ulterior motive DA..

Just a separate thread for underlying comments on other threads….

New manager syndrome has not worked.. yes xfer window has brought some fresh players in but as much as I try & stay out of things nowadays… at the end of the day the Manager picks the team, formation & tactics…

See that is well working..

Bentley Out? on 19:32 - Feb 4 with 4542 viewsblackdogblue

Who is this Nigel???

Where is Kel 🤷‍♂️😀

Bentley Out? on 19:35 - Feb 4 with 4517 viewsNigelWatson

Why did he last eight years? Answer: he was well-liked as a player, and the old owner had a soft spot for him. When the ownership changed, the heat was turned up and Bentley was forced out PDQ. He jumped to KFC before he was pushed. At KFC he under-performed despite having money to spend (by National League standards).
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 19:38]
Bentley Out? on 19:43 - Feb 4 with 4456 viewsEllDale

No point in sacking him now. I fear the die is cast.
And, having seen plenty of National League football over the last two or three years, the current team would be more than competitive with a couple of midfielders and a keeper added to the current squad.
Bentley Out? on 19:43 - Feb 4 with 4455 viewsNigelWatson

Bentley Out? on 19:29 - Feb 4 by RippDale

We couldn't afford to bring a striker in, so there's no chance of paying a management team out

Okay, depth charge him and bring in Hill as Director of Football. Hill then picks the team and does the shape and tactics on matchdays. At Morecambe, the new owners threatened Bentley with bringing in Paul Ince as DOF, this was all in the public domain at the time. I would imagine Bentley wasn't impressed and before too long he resigned to take over at KFC. This time around, I can't imagine there would be any takers for Jim - maybe only the Dog and Duck?
Bentley Out? on 19:46 - Feb 4 with 4417 viewsNigelWatson

Bentley Out? on 19:43 - Feb 4 by EllDale

No point in sacking him now. I fear the die is cast.
And, having seen plenty of National League football over the last two or three years, the current team would be more than competitive with a couple of midfielders and a keeper added to the current squad.

What about Jim's tactics? He didn't do well in the National League when he was at KFC who are well-known for throwing stupid amounts of money at it. Take a look at Morecambe's home record when he was at Morecambe. It was absolutely terrible. That's why the home gate collapsed. I fear he'll do the same for Dale if he stays next year - back-to-back relegations would be extremely likely, and with it, the end of RAFC.
Bentley Out? on 19:52 - Feb 4 with 4362 viewsClivert

If the rumours that were doing the rounds in August were correct then wasn't JB something like the 4th manager that the board approached? Alexander, Askey and Artell all turned us down didn't they?

We're at the last roll of the dice stage here for me and as devisive to the fan base that it would well be Keith Hill would be the only manager with any sort of creditials who might take us on right now.
Bentley Out? on 19:53 - Feb 4 with 4361 viewsblackdogblue

Bentley Out? on 19:46 - Feb 4 by NigelWatson

What about Jim's tactics? He didn't do well in the National League when he was at KFC who are well-known for throwing stupid amounts of money at it. Take a look at Morecambe's home record when he was at Morecambe. It was absolutely terrible. That's why the home gate collapsed. I fear he'll do the same for Dale if he stays next year - back-to-back relegations would be extremely likely, and with it, the end of RAFC.

Hmmm

Bentley Out? on 19:56 - Feb 4 with 4308 viewsJames1980

Bentley Out? on 19:30 - Feb 4 by 442Dale

The same poster had a go at Coleman before not posting for a decade.

The debate should be a sensible one amongst fans who can analyse properly.

Is he Hill's agent 🤔

Bentley Out? on 20:02 - Feb 4 with 4281 viewsNigelWatson

Bentley Out? on 19:52 - Feb 4 by Clivert

If the rumours that were doing the rounds in August were correct then wasn't JB something like the 4th manager that the board approached? Alexander, Askey and Artell all turned us down didn't they?

We're at the last roll of the dice stage here for me and as devisive to the fan base that it would well be Keith Hill would be the only manager with any sort of creditials who might take us on right now.

Look at Hill's record at Dale. He was a football genius. Converting a full-back (Matt Done) into a top draw striker at L1 level, so much so that Sheff U paid a fee for him. Then he converts a striker (Joe Bunney) into a wing-back, and Northampton pay a fee to us for him. Personally, I think Hill struggled when his Dad died, and he just needed a bit more time to get over it - but we fired him!
Bentley Out? on 20:04 - Feb 4 with 4253 views442Dale

Bentley Out? on 20:02 - Feb 4 by NigelWatson

Look at Hill's record at Dale. He was a football genius. Converting a full-back (Matt Done) into a top draw striker at L1 level, so much so that Sheff U paid a fee for him. Then he converts a striker (Joe Bunney) into a wing-back, and Northampton pay a fee to us for him. Personally, I think Hill struggled when his Dad died, and he just needed a bit more time to get over it - but we fired him!

Matt Done was a forward player before he became a full back.

We all know of Hill’s pluses and minuses. We don’t need unnecessary negativity when we’re fully aware of what we are seeing.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bentley Out? on 20:05 - Feb 4 with 4263 viewsblackdogblue

Bentley Out? on 20:06 - Feb 4 with 4252 viewsNigelWatson

Bentley Out? on 19:56 - Feb 4 by James1980

Is he Hill's agent 🤔

Say what nonsense you want, the truth is that Keith Hill saved Rochdale from relegation twice, and got us promoted from the Rochdale division twice. I don't know what Hill is up to, and I don't know whether he would want to come back. Personally, I would put Hendo and Jim McNulty in charge till the end of the season. At least they care about OUR club!
Bentley Out? on 20:13 - Feb 4 with 4196 viewsblackdogblue

Bentley Out? on 20:06 - Feb 4 by NigelWatson

Say what nonsense you want, the truth is that Keith Hill saved Rochdale from relegation twice, and got us promoted from the Rochdale division twice. I don't know what Hill is up to, and I don't know whether he would want to come back. Personally, I would put Hendo and Jim McNulty in charge till the end of the season. At least they care about OUR club!

Who are you ???

Bentley Out? on 20:13 - Feb 4 with 4194 viewsNigelWatson

Bentley Out? on 20:05 - Feb 4 by blackdogblue

You're happy with the goalkeeping situation??? It's symbolic of what's going wrong. Bentley brings in his own signing who is terrible. He needs to be dropped, but Bentley won't do it, because his ego won't allow it. He can't be seen to drop his signing, because that would be admitting that he screwed-up by bringing in the loanee - badly needed money wasted!
Bentley Out? on 20:16 - Feb 4 with 4164 viewsNigelWatson

Bentley Out? on 20:13 - Feb 4 by blackdogblue

Who are you ???

Somebody who watched his first Dale match in 1980. I don't like getting involved on message boards because of .......well....... you're actually doing a great job of showing why sensible people don't bother with football message boards, and social media in general.

This is about the life and death of MY club!

So, I'm biting the bullet
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024