Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hornets game off 12:50 - Jul 23 with 2544 views442Dale

Probably good for pitch in the longer term, though it did look in excellent condition yesterday.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hornets game off on 13:44 - Jul 23 with 2400 viewsEllDale

I’m not so sure about that.
It will probably have to be squeezed in on a Wednesday night now and Dale have a lot of home games next month.
Hornets game off on 14:16 - Jul 23 with 2351 viewsTVOS1907

Hornets game off on 13:44 - Jul 23 by EllDale

I’m not so sure about that.
It will probably have to be squeezed in on a Wednesday night now and Dale have a lot of home games next month.

But none on a midweek until the end of September.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hornets game off on 15:43 - Jul 23 with 2197 viewsEllDale

I was thinking more of wear and tear on the pitch.
From now until September 2nd Dale have four league games plus a friendly whilst Hornets have three games plus whenever today’s postponed match is rescheduled.
That includes two “double header” weekends when football are at home on the Saturday followed by rugby league the next day.
Hornets game off on 15:50 - Jul 23 with 2183 views442Dale

Hornets game off on 15:43 - Jul 23 by EllDale

From now until September 2nd Dale have four league games plus a friendly whilst Hornets have three games plus whenever today’s postponed match is rescheduled.
That includes two “double header” weekends when football are at home on the Saturday followed by rugby league the next day.

Rather that than the first game on a new pitch taking place after the rain we’ve had in the last couple of days.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hornets game off on 15:58 - Jul 23 with 2157 viewsTVOS1907

Hornets game off on 15:43 - Jul 23 by EllDale

Hopefully the weather will relent from what we've seen this weekend and remain fit for football.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hornets game off on 16:09 - Jul 23 with 2117 viewsD_Alien

Hornets game off on 15:58 - Jul 23 by TVOS1907

Hopefully the weather will relent from what we've seen this weekend and remain fit for football.

I've read reports (can't remember where now) that the heatwave from Europe will finally start to spread northwards (perhaps with lesser ferocity) by the beginning of August

Too late to save the ridiculously early end to the test series... but that's for another thread

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hornets game off on 18:24 - Jul 23 with 1920 viewsClivert

The pitch still looked in fantastic condition at the end of last season, hopefully it's finally benefitting from all the money that has been spent on it over the years. We're due a bit of good weather during August now after the wash out that July is/was so it's not a bad time of the year to have both Dale and Hornets playing lots of home games.
Hornets game off on 20:10 - Jul 23 with 1775 viewspioneer

Hornets game off on 14:16 - Jul 23 by TVOS1907

But none on a midweek until the end of September.

Tuesday 15 August looks a possibility. Hornets have a blank weekend on 12th….challenge cup final, and London play their traditional Cup final eve home game on 11th. Dale away that weekend and away on 15th.
Login to get fewer ads

Hornets game off on 20:38 - Jul 23 with 1740 viewspioneer

Any possibility the game might just not be played? Tin pot division with the result having no significance to promotion or play offs? I cant see winless London being eager to travel north midweek.

Last season the crowd was 373 for the same game played on the weekend. They would be lucky to get 250 midweek. If Hornets have 100 season ticket holders that would mean a maximum of 2550 quid gate - nowhere near enough to cover costs.

I wouldnt fall of my chair if it doesnt get played.
Hornets game off on 20:47 - Jul 23 with 1716 viewsD_Alien

Hornets game off on 20:38 - Jul 23 by pioneer

Any possibility the game might just not be played? Tin pot division with the result having no significance to promotion or play offs? I cant see winless London being eager to travel north midweek.

Last season the crowd was 373 for the same game played on the weekend. They would be lucky to get 250 midweek. If Hornets have 100 season ticket holders that would mean a maximum of 2550 quid gate - nowhere near enough to cover costs.

Given the timing of the postponement (but without knowing the time and location from which the London players would be travelling), there may have been costs to Hornets involved

You might not be a million miles out with that suggestion

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hornets game off on 20:50 - Jul 23 with 1709 viewsEllDale

Hornets game off on 20:38 - Jul 23 by pioneer

That’s a very good point. I’m not sure if there’s a precedent for that sort of cancellation or not.
Hornets game off on 23:21 - Jul 23 with 1538 viewspioneer

It would mean that they would play only 8 home games this season….and with hardly any funding from RFL this cannot be sustainable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024