Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet 09:55 - Sep 14 with 14088 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Match Preview: Dale vs Barnet 14th Sep 2023 09:54
A tough test faces Jim McNulty's men this weekend as the National League's early pace-setters Barnet make the trip to Spotland. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 20:24 - Sep 17 with 1521 viewspnc4eva1

I have noticed over the last few games how Cameron John has started to become a more confident player.

At Kidderminster he celebrated the equalizer as though he had scored a goal.

I the highlights he has run half the pitch to celebrate each goal.

McNulty seems to have unearthed something in him. Yes, he's not a world beater. But compared to last season he seems to be a major squad motivator

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 21:45 - Sep 17 with 1350 views_Windydale

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 16:32 - Sep 17 by rich_dale

Everyone had a good game yesterday, Jez and Ty a real handful supported by a buzzing midfield three and a good showing from Kairo who led the line well. All backed up by great performances by SAJ and Nevett and solid defending by ECJ and EEL. Not to mention Moulden who's the best keeper we've had for a few seasons and did a passable (pun intended) impression of Ederson. I thought Jez starting though was the key difference, he looks a class apart in his touch, trickery and decision making. For the second goal some players would have taken a touch but the killer low first time cross was exactly what was required, and delivered brilliantly. When Jez and Ty are both on their game it makes a big difference. Also kudos to BJ for the tactics and mixing up direct play with short passing, helped us get in behind them countless times.

I agree with that but lots of credit to Cameron John who battled all match, throwing his body, legs and feet in front of the ball to keep our score line positive.
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 10:19 - Sep 18 with 1087 viewsrich_dale

Agreed, my shout out to him somehow came out as 'ECJ' but yes he did really well and looks a new player this season, as does Sinclair and EEL.
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 11:21 - Sep 18 with 1025 viewsAtThePeake

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 23:32 - Sep 16 by Yorkshire_Dale

......mindful that only last week he performed a last ditch tackle to keep us a point at Kiddy.
C John has been a different player for Dale this season, keep going young man.

Great performance on Saturday. We did play some patient football at times when the game situation called for it, but were able to mix it up with the directness that's been previously lacking for many. Having Uchegbulam on the opposite wing from Sinclair meant that we had more threatening options on either side and that helped us massively. Gilmour has done a decent job there at times but he's definitely not a direct, out and out winger like Uchegbulam is.

I do think Barnet's set-up helped us with the long balls from Moulden in particular and fans would do well to remember that. Barnet's defensive line was 10-15 yards higher than Kidderminster's, meaning there was room for the keeper to ping ball in behind - when he tried that last week, it was ending up in a 50/50 ball for Mitchell to compete for and he lost the vast, vast majority of them.

The way we play in possession isn't just solely based on what we're trying to do unfortunately, we have an opposition to consider as well and occasionally a more structured defensive set-up like Halifax and Kidderminster had will make it very difficult for us to put balls in behind as there won't be the same space between the goalkeeper and the defender. That's when we have to be more inventive and get the ball wider to whip balls into the box - something we simply didn't do enough of in the two previous games - but we can't expect to just play balls in behind a defence every week because other opponents will sit deeper and make it more difficult to do that.

That's why we need total options!

Tangled up in blue.

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 13:49 - Sep 18 with 796 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Cracking performance and result, the complete opposite to the Halifax game. Really impressed by how we defended against a good attacking team. While against Halifax we seemed to lack urgency and flair, against Barnet we had both in spades. Against Halifax I did not feel entertained by us , though Halifax did impress me by their attacking play, against Barnet I felt fully entertained by both teams, but particularly by us by the whole team in all positions. This is the type of performance and result that will keep fans attending and hopefully attract more.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024