Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Refwatch: Rochdale v Oldham Athletic 13:00 - Oct 18 with 1992 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Refwatch: Rochdale v Oldham Athletic 18th Oct 2023 13:00
The first local derby between Dale and Oldham outside the Football League on Saturday will be refereed by JAMES WESTGATE. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Oldham Athletic on 13:42 - Oct 18 with 1938 viewspioneer

Not strictly true….we have played them twice in the FACup and once in the Trophy.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Oldham Athletic on 13:43 - Oct 18 with 1936 viewsEllDale

So, to all intents and purposes, the NL are sending a rookie referee?
Refwatch: Rochdale v Oldham Athletic on 15:07 - Oct 18 with 1868 viewsDalenet

Refwatch: Rochdale v Oldham Athletic on 13:43 - Oct 18 by EllDale

At this level they all are aren't they. Anybody seen to be good is elevated to the EFL asap. It is a consequence of being non league. It will be the same for both sides.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Oldham Athletic on 15:21 - Oct 18 with 1836 viewsTVOS1907

Refwatch: Rochdale v Oldham Athletic on 13:42 - Oct 18 by pioneer

Not strictly true….we have played them twice in the FACup and once in the Trophy.

And the League Cup in 2008/09, but I think you knew what it meant.

I thought 'Trophy' games didn't count, though....

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Refwatch: Rochdale v Oldham Athletic on 12:52 - Oct 19 with 1537 viewspioneer

Refwatch: Rochdale v Oldham Athletic on 15:21 - Oct 18 by TVOS1907

And the League Cup in 2008/09, but I think you knew what it meant.

I thought 'Trophy' games didn't count, though....

I was respecting diversity of opinions re trophy games.

League Cup is an interesting case …you have to be a member of the league to participate but yes we did play them in that ‘league only’ competition’ as well.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Oldham Athletic on 10:13 - Oct 22 with 1169 viewsDalenet

Refwatch: Rochdale v Oldham Athletic on 13:43 - Oct 18 by EllDale

I thought the "rookie ref" was very good yesterday. Put up with no nonsense and acting. And when I thought he might bottle it and try and get off the field asap after 90 minutes, he gave the game 18 minutes to show the Owdum morons what they had caused. Well done ref.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Oldham Athletic on 11:16 - Oct 22 with 1084 viewsD_Alien

Refwatch: Rochdale v Oldham Athletic on 10:13 - Oct 22 by Dalenet

I thought the "rookie ref" was very good yesterday. Put up with no nonsense and acting. And when I thought he might bottle it and try and get off the field asap after 90 minutes, he gave the game 18 minutes to show the Owdum morons what they had caused. Well done ref.

I agree, and thought he let the game flow. Took him a while to book their lad for his (imo premeditated) lunge at Sinclair, but got there in the end

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Refwatch: Rochdale v Oldham Athletic on 12:40 - Oct 22 with 1001 viewsTVOS1907

Refwatch: Rochdale v Oldham Athletic on 11:16 - Oct 22 by D_Alien

I agree, and thought he let the game flow. Took him a while to book their lad for his (imo premeditated) lunge at Sinclair, but got there in the end

Tbf, the priority in that situation is ensuring the injured player is OK or if he needs treatment.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Refwatch: Rochdale v Oldham Athletic on 13:19 - Oct 22 with 939 viewsD_Alien

Refwatch: Rochdale v Oldham Athletic on 12:40 - Oct 22 by TVOS1907

Tbf, the priority in that situation is ensuring the injured player is OK or if he needs treatment.

Yes... i suspect he was also making sure that players didn't think he could be "influenced" by taking his time with the card
[Post edited 22 Oct 2023 13:19]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Refwatch: Rochdale v Oldham Athletic on 14:10 - Oct 22 with 898 viewsTalkingSutty

Refwatch: Rochdale v Oldham Athletic on 13:19 - Oct 22 by D_Alien

Yes... i suspect he was also making sure that players didn't think he could be "influenced" by taking his time with the card
[Post edited 22 Oct 2023 13:19]

Agree with all of this. I was very impressed with the referee, he did a fantastic job in very challenging circumstances. Hopefully somebody from our club will mark him up to that effect. I actually think he was close to abandoning the game yesterday, one more pitch invasion or complaint of racial abuse and i think that would have been that. It would be interesting to see his report on the match etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024