Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton losing £1.65m a week 18:11 - Oct 26 with 2392 viewsRAFCBLUE

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/everton-points-deduction-penalty-pr

Everton lose £430m in 5 years or £1.65m per week!

The quicker the financial doping is eradicated from football, the more level the playing field and the better the game will be.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 18:12]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Everton losing £1.65m a week on 18:25 - Oct 26 with 2334 viewsD_Alien

Whilst i wouldn't argue against your wider point about what you refer to as "financial doping" there is nothing yet proven in this case so best not pre-judge. Meanwhile, Everton are having a 53000 capacity stadium built in a prime location

Incidentally, if an investor gave SG a call and said "Hi Simon, i'll invest £2m pa in Dale, what d'ya say?" would Simon reply "Sorry, we don't accept financial doping"?
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 18:28]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Everton losing £1.65m a week on 18:48 - Oct 26 with 2281 viewsEllDale

I was more surprised to see that Manchester United total debt (losses plus money owed on transfers less cash in hand) is only £862 million……
Everton losing £1.65m a week on 18:50 - Oct 26 with 2274 viewsRAFCBLUE

Everton losing £1.65m a week on 18:25 - Oct 26 by D_Alien

Whilst i wouldn't argue against your wider point about what you refer to as "financial doping" there is nothing yet proven in this case so best not pre-judge. Meanwhile, Everton are having a 53000 capacity stadium built in a prime location

Incidentally, if an investor gave SG a call and said "Hi Simon, i'll invest £2m pa in Dale, what d'ya say?" would Simon reply "Sorry, we don't accept financial doping"?
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 18:28]

Is your £2m per annum from a well connected London headquartered payroll company and will allow us to "thrive not survive"? Can we have a training ground and facilities like Fleetwood or Reading?

On Everton,the writing looks to be on the wall as reported by the Daily Telegraph and you can imagine 19 other Premier League clubs ready to stick the boot in, plus Leicester City, Leeds United and Southampton all who were relegated following the rules.

West Ham paid Sheffield United £20m after Tevez. A few quick lawsuits from Leicester and Leeds and Everton might be done for anyway.

If the Premier League follow up properly they'll likely be relegated after a points sanction and struggle in the Championship to remain solvent.

With the CRFU waiting in the EFL (and they've already dealt with Reading and Wigan) a Premier League relegation will be compounded.

High time the authorities got their act together. It's too late for the lower divisions but the scale of losses each week in UK football must be collosal.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Everton losing £1.65m a week on 19:07 - Oct 26 with 2240 viewsD_Alien

Everton losing £1.65m a week on 18:50 - Oct 26 by RAFCBLUE

Is your £2m per annum from a well connected London headquartered payroll company and will allow us to "thrive not survive"? Can we have a training ground and facilities like Fleetwood or Reading?

On Everton,the writing looks to be on the wall as reported by the Daily Telegraph and you can imagine 19 other Premier League clubs ready to stick the boot in, plus Leicester City, Leeds United and Southampton all who were relegated following the rules.

West Ham paid Sheffield United £20m after Tevez. A few quick lawsuits from Leicester and Leeds and Everton might be done for anyway.

If the Premier League follow up properly they'll likely be relegated after a points sanction and struggle in the Championship to remain solvent.

With the CRFU waiting in the EFL (and they've already dealt with Reading and Wigan) a Premier League relegation will be compounded.

High time the authorities got their act together. It's too late for the lower divisions but the scale of losses each week in UK football must be collosal.

Clubs at all levels are obviously short of good financial advice

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Everton losing £1.65m a week on 16:03 - Oct 27 with 1714 viewswatford_dale

Financial doping has yet to begin and I think in 2 years time there will be no restrictions in place on how much you can spend due to the Saudi league.

The Saudi's have taken some of the older players this time, whose clubs were warehousing their salaries and it has enabled them to get them off the books providing more cap space. The following year I can see them buying 25 -30 year olds and so on the following year.

This will result in the foreign stars gravitating to the money and in a no salary cap league there is really no limit to how much is enough. The overseas stars are the ones that drive the overseas contract revenues, as the domestic market is saturated, and if they are all over there then the contract value declines. How can that be fixed so the clubs can retain the overseas stars?

The only solution is to go caps off and remove the archaic elitist protection mechanism known as FFP.

Also expect a new LIV style competition to rival the champions league in a few years to get Saudi sides in the top competition. The fun and the whining by the big boys has yet to begin but we are so removed from that that it doesn't really register. Also could Newcastle blow £!bn in a window in pursuit of glory?
Everton losing £1.65m a week on 09:16 - Oct 28 with 1423 viewsRodingdale

Everton losing £1.65m a week on 16:03 - Oct 27 by watford_dale

Financial doping has yet to begin and I think in 2 years time there will be no restrictions in place on how much you can spend due to the Saudi league.

The Saudi's have taken some of the older players this time, whose clubs were warehousing their salaries and it has enabled them to get them off the books providing more cap space. The following year I can see them buying 25 -30 year olds and so on the following year.

This will result in the foreign stars gravitating to the money and in a no salary cap league there is really no limit to how much is enough. The overseas stars are the ones that drive the overseas contract revenues, as the domestic market is saturated, and if they are all over there then the contract value declines. How can that be fixed so the clubs can retain the overseas stars?

The only solution is to go caps off and remove the archaic elitist protection mechanism known as FFP.

Also expect a new LIV style competition to rival the champions league in a few years to get Saudi sides in the top competition. The fun and the whining by the big boys has yet to begin but we are so removed from that that it doesn't really register. Also could Newcastle blow £!bn in a window in pursuit of glory?

Not sure I’m so pessimistic- Jordan Henderson is playing in front of crowds averaging 7,000. You can’t buy over 100 years of football supporting culture.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 13:53]
Everton losing £1.65m a week on 10:16 - Oct 28 with 1365 viewsEllDale

The last game that Henderson played in this week apparently dragged in 696 spectators.
Everton losing £1.65m a week on 10:40 - Oct 28 with 1327 viewsBluebottle

Everton losing £1.65m a week on 10:16 - Oct 28 by EllDale

The last game that Henderson played in this week apparently dragged in 696 spectators.

True, and one of them was a Dale supporter who was only there because he was bored and had nothing better to do eh @Sandydrum.?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024