Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terry Owen 19:06 - Dec 17 with 2096 viewsEllDale

One of my favourite Dale players……
Currently on the TV on “Celebrity Deal or No Deal” with son Michael.
Terry Owen on 19:38 - Dec 17 with 2014 viewsjudd

Someone once worked out on here that Michael must have been conceived after an away game v Grimsby in which Terry scored 2 gorls.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Terry Owen on 20:07 - Dec 17 with 1965 viewsdownunder

Terry Owen on 19:38 - Dec 17 by judd

Someone once worked out on here that Michael must have been conceived after an away game v Grimsby in which Terry scored 2 gorls.

Michael must be relieved that his parents did not have similar ideas on child naming as the Beckham's.
Terry Owen on 20:57 - Dec 17 with 1885 viewspioneer

It was Barnsley away in April 1979. Televised game as Barnsley were pushing for the title and we were fighting off the bottom4.

It was our first ever win at Barnsley in what was something like our 18th visit in league and cup.
Terry Owen on 21:01 - Dec 17 with 1875 viewsSandyman

Terry Owen on 20:57 - Dec 17 by pioneer

It was Barnsley away in April 1979. Televised game as Barnsley were pushing for the title and we were fighting off the bottom4.

It was our first ever win at Barnsley in what was something like our 18th visit in league and cup.

Did we win 0-3 ?
Terry Owen on 21:10 - Dec 17 with 1858 viewsEllDale

I prefer not to remember the home game against Grimsby the month before where we lost 2-5!
Terry Owen on 21:24 - Dec 17 with 1816 viewsD_Alien

Terry Owen on 21:10 - Dec 17 by EllDale

I prefer not to remember the home game against Grimsby the month before where we lost 2-5!

Is that the one were we went 2-0 up inside the first 10 minutes (goals scored at the Sandy Lane end?) Seem to recall Chris Jones bagged one of them?

We went in at half time 2-3 down, and already Grimsby were looking a class apart before dominating the second half

Also seem to recall a certain Alan Buckley being involved...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Terry Owen on 21:53 - Dec 17 with 1750 viewspioneer

Terry Owen on 21:01 - Dec 17 by Sandyman

Did we win 0-3 ?

Yes
Terry Owen on 21:58 - Dec 17 with 1744 viewsEllDale

Yes, the other goal came from the unlikely source of Eric Snookes.
I used to watch from the Main Stand paddock in those days and all the second half action took place in front of the Sandy as Grimsby poured forward incessantly. It would have been more than five but for Dave Felgate.
Login to get fewer ads

Terry Owen on 00:00 - Dec 18 with 1648 viewsTVOS1907

Michael was born on 14th December 1979, nine months and one day after Dale lost 5-2 at home to Grimsby in which Terry played, but didn't score.

Not on the pitch, anyway!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Terry Owen on 00:03 - Dec 18 with 1645 viewsTVOS1907

Terry Owen on 21:24 - Dec 17 by D_Alien

Is that the one were we went 2-0 up inside the first 10 minutes (goals scored at the Sandy Lane end?) Seem to recall Chris Jones bagged one of them?

We went in at half time 2-3 down, and already Grimsby were looking a class apart before dominating the second half

Also seem to recall a certain Alan Buckley being involved...

Chris Jones & Eric Snookes

Joe Waters (pen), Tony Ford, Garry Liddell, Mike Brolly & Bobby Mitchell for The Mariners.

Alan Buckley was a Birmingham City player at the time.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024